What's new

Saeed Anwar turns down Pakistan chief selector role

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Saeed Anwar turns down Pakistan chief selector role

Pakistan former opener Saeed Anwar has turned down an offer to become Pakistan's chairman of selectors instead offered to be a batting consultant.

“I was offered the post of chairman of selectors, but I told the PCB chairman that I could not take up the job as I don't think I would be able to do justice to the position," Anwar said. "But I have told him that I do want to help the Pakistan team and I can do this as a batting consultant.”

The PCB offered Anwar the role after Iqbal Qasim resigned earlier this month following the team's poor tour to Australia earlier this year when they were whitewashed in the Test and limited overs series.

"I am due to meet the PCB chairman (Ijaz Butt) next month and he will tell me in what way I can play a positive role with the Pakistan team. But I personally feel that to be successful in cricket a player needs to be mentally tough and should possess a big heart," said Anwar.

The former elegant left-hand batsman also backed former team-mate and fast bowling legend Waqar Younis for the role of coach. “I think it would be a great move because Waqar is well respected and has impressive cricketing background and knowledge of modern day requirements," he said.

Source: http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/450071.html

I think PCB must offer him to be a batting coach.He a good man,brilliant Batsman & above all he himself want to be batting coach.Last year i got the chance to meet him in a mosque in islamabad.I was impressed by his personality.He can do his job very well as a batting coach.

Last edited:
yeah and i say this since day one....... PCB should make him a batting coach or at least give him time to find 2 Openers for Pakistan team. We have a problem in opening postion ever since he left and i am sure he can solve this matter up for our team. Just give him some time and prepare two striking openers for Pakistan cricket.

and it was a foolish decision to offer him the role of Chief Selector. May be he could become a better Chief Selector but i think he deserves as a batting coach more than this role. I don't think he will be able to take the heat of Chief Selector's role

I think he can be very very good batting coach for the team and he is well repected in team tooo i hope PCB should allow anwar he was my alll time favourite batsman tooo sian lara classical shots he played can't forget his cut shot and dancing down the pitch against spinners to lift them in next province deadly for indians

Saeed anwar also given name of sharjah's desert eagle when he was on his best at sharjah

yes he took right decision chief selector is not a job of a guy like saeed who dont want to do any unjustice to anyone thats why he leaved it

Now Mohsin Khan has taken that post. Let's wait and see how he changes things.

Now Mohsin Khan has taken that post. Let's wait and see how he changes things.

The guy who thought that it would be better to pursue a career in Bollywood after he became the first Pakistani to score a double century at Lords.

Since he had started appearing on Geo Super as a commentator, my blood boiled whenever I saw him. :devil::devil:

The guy who thought that it would be better to pursue a career in Bollywood after he became the first Pakistani to score a double century at Lords.

Since he had started appearing on Geo Super as a commentator, my blood boiled whenever I saw him. :devil::devil:

The way he talks is still very filmi :lol::cool:

Anwar is a great batsman, no doubt. I don't think any Indians would forget his 194 (scored against India).

And I think he did a very honorable thing. He believed he could not do justice to the post, so he turned it down, instead of jumping onto the seat for power.

South Asian politicians should learn from this guy!

Back
Top Bottom