What's new

Sad situation at wahga border

Because I am lazy to explain things that would trigger much wider discussion in this forum.

You just wrote a massive piece on American intervention in Pakistan. I am not asking for much, just a couple of lines highlighting the foundational myth behind the modern Indian state.

You just wrote a massive piece on American intervention in Pakistan. I am not asking for much, just a couple of lines highlighting the foundational myth behind the modern Indian state.

You yourself provided a verdict about the myth associated with faith or belief in the name Bharat. So let us assume it is a myth. But the very basic tenets where Bharat is associated with the culture of the land are associated with Hindus and our beliefs which are drastically different than Pakistan's believe Islam

Who cares if they're mocking us. Let them mock us again. We got way more important things to worry about.

But it doesn’t seem like Pakistanis have this level of fascination with India, which could be at the detriment of accurately understanding India, but could also indicate people don’t feel better knowing India would really impact or improve their lives in a significant way.

For Pakistanis, india is more so just another country. For those not descendants of those that emigrated at the time of partition, it really is an alien country.

Perhaps decades ago, people could look at each other while being locked in a competition, but at this point the Pakistani people don’t see themselves being allowed to compete and have stepped back including from Wagha.

The reason for Indian obsession with Pakistan is for various reasons. One is because some of them have a false religious affiliation with Vedic Aryans, our ancestors.

They also have a false affiliation with the land of the sacred rivers. They give themselves last names like "Sindhuram."

There's also Indian racists who like Pakistanis because of our lighter & robust complexion.

It somewhat parallels the Pakistani obsession with Middle Eastern people because of Islam.

Pakistan lost the war in 1971 not the ideology neither the identity.

It proved that muslims can't live with hindus , muslims can't live with muslims if they speak other language (bangali) , muslims cant accepts bihari muslims. Pakistan will prove muslims can't live with different ethnic groups too .

Last edited:
But it doesn’t seem like Pakistanis have this level of fascination with India, which could be at the detriment of accurately understanding India, but could also indicate people don’t feel better knowing India would really impact or improve their lives in a significant way.

For Pakistanis, india is more so just another country. For those not descendants of those that emigrated at the time of partition, it really is an alien country.

Perhaps decades ago, people could look at each other while being locked in a competition, but at this point the Pakistani people don’t see themselves being allowed to compete and have stepped back including from Wagha.
I am not so sure. If PDF is anything to go by at least half the threads opened at any given time is about India, frequently about some petty crime. The interest is mutual I would say.

Surprisingly much less interest about China. The Chinese themselves usually open threads on China And the comments are mostly by other Chinese. If it is a negative thread it would be opened by an indian. Pakistanis barely comment, except in short cliche sentences. whereas anything on India always gets traffic. I would have thought we would have more interest in China ...but apparently not.

Last edited:
I am not so sure. If PDF is anything to go by at least half the threads opened at any given time is about India, frequently about some petty crime. The interest is mutual I would say.

Surprisingly much less interest about China. The Chinese themselves usually open threads on China And the comments are mostly by other Chinese. If it is a negative thread it would be opened by an indian. Pakistanis barely comment, except in short cliche sentences. whereas anything on India always gets traffic. I would have thought we would have more interest in China ...but apparently not.
Considering india is the adversary (and this is a defense forum) and the human rights news coming out of there makes us thankful for a country of our own, it not unusual the niche population on this forum would try to stay more aware of what’s happening in India.

So PDF isn’t a representative sample of the curiousness of the general population.

The language and cultural similarities makes accessing and relating to Indians more possible then with China which is probably as alien if not more so to the average Pakistani as the west.

Back
Top Bottom