What's new

Sachin Tendulkar to get Bharat Ratna; first sportsperson to bag it

Yes Indeed Major Dhyan Chand deserved it too before Sachin....BTW as far as Indian Ambassador to the world is concerned then Ratan Tata surely tops the list - The Tendulkar of India Inc.- Anyways its the time we honour CNR Rao and Sachin!!! Cheers!!! :yahoo: but still if Rajiv Gandhi and Moraji Desai can get it why not AB Vajpayee???:)
vajpayee will get after he dies... :)

i think he deserves it..but what can i say..its election time!!! and looking ant the emotions of the people i'm not surprised at this news

Let them Award it to anyone... But Today the Real Bharat Ratna of India are Rahul gandi and Digvijay Singh :D

Won't be out of place considering the fact that Nehru, Indira & Rajiv Gandhi all got one for themselves by one way or the other. :lol:

Sachin is going to be conferred with Bharat Ratna. Funniest part... Rajiv Shukla was praising Congress & UPA govt for giving this award to Sachin, as if Congress owns Bharat Ratna! :lol:

I'm a die hard Sachin Fan and infact he is the only reason I watch cricket.

I'm happy that he's getting Bharat Ratan. However, bit worried to as people/media will question why not Dhyan Chand. RANG MAY BHANG pad jayega. :what: 

Even I think so, Dravid should have had announced his retirement like Sachin. He too deserves all the accolades.

First of all "Bharat Rantna" is an honor which will be given people who did great service to India. Sachin definitely deserves it in sports category.
He entertained the whole India and world for 24 years and also a role model for Indians to emulate.

But Dhyan chand should also be given this honor :cheers:

I think both should get Bharat Ratna. Since it's been announced that Sachin is getting one, GOI should try to give one to Dhyan Chand next year. 
First of all "Bharat Rantna" is an honor which will be given people who did great service to India. Sachin definitely deserves it in sports category.
He entertained the whole India and world for 24 years and also a role model for Indians to emulate.

But Dhyan chand should also be given this honor :cheers:

And it's not just what Sachin did to cricket- the role model of being humble even if you are such an outstanding star, that is his true legacy. Think of other 'role models' like Salman Khan, for instance, and you will know the difference instantly. 
Let them Award it to anyone... But Today the Real Bharat Ratna of India are Rahul gandi and Digvijay Singh :D

Thanks Nair Saab. I know that in the end you will vote for congress. You see in the ballot paper you will find to your shock (and awe) that the only other true option in malluland is the left...:enjoy:

Congrats to him

Vada-Pao-image-by-totalvag.in_.gif

VadaPav.png

Favorite dish of Sachin Tendulkar. Is thread per iski photo to banati hai! 
Now you don't need to. :D

On Topic: Though I'm all for Bharat Ratna for Sachin but Dhyanchand should get that ahead of him the great man has not got his due. :pop:

agreed, both should get it.

Bun filled with spicy potatos.. must be really dry?

Vada pav also consists of chutney :enjoy:

800px-Vada_Pavs.jpg

Finely cut green chilies and ginger and aphodani (tempering) of mustard seeds, turmeric and salt are added to a mash of boiled potatoes, and after dipping patties of the mash in an herb-seasoned batter of gram flour, the patties are deep-fried.

Vada pav is typically served with a chutney(sauce) which is commonly made out of shredded coconut, tamarind pulp, and garlic.

Variations of the above basic dish include "cheese vada pav" (where slices of cheese are added); there is "Szechwan vada pav" (where the pav is layered with a Szechwan, or Sichuan-style, sauce); "samosa pav" (where a samosa is used instead of a vada); and "jain vada pav" (where vada ingredients do not include onions, garlic and potatoes). Vada pav served in the nearby state of Gujarat is usually fried in butter or edible oil. The pav is first fried in a mixture of butter or oil and dried red chili powder. After that the chutney is applied in the hot fried pav and the vada is placed in between. This is the only difference between vada pav in Gujarat and Maharashtra. In the state of Gujarat, the original un-fried vada pav recipe is referred to as "Bombay vada pav".

This dish was initially started as the most cheapest form of a meal for low income group, but due to its taste, this dish became so popular that many sophisticated hotels also have started dishing out this dish at extra cost. However, this dish is still regarded as a humble dish, and many people have it at breakfast, lunch or even dinner as well.

Vada pav also consists of chutney :enjoy:

800px-Vada_Pavs.jpg

Finely cut green chilies and ginger and aphodani (tempering) of mustard seeds, turmeric and salt are added to a mash of boiled potatoes, and after dipping patties of the mash in an herb-seasoned batter of gram flour, the patties are deep-fried.

Vada pav is typically served with a chutney(sauce) which is commonly made out of shredded coconut, tamarind pulp, and garlic.

Variations of the above basic dish include "cheese vada pav" (where slices of cheese are added); there is "Szechwan vada pav" (where the pav is layered with a Szechwan, or Sichuan-style, sauce); "samosa pav" (where a samosa is used instead of a vada); and "jain vada pav" (where vada ingredients do not include onions, garlic and potatoes). Vada pav served in the nearby state of Gujarat is usually fried in butter or edible oil. The pav is first fried in a mixture of butter or oil and dried red chili powder. After that the chutney is applied in the hot fried pav and the vada is placed in between. This is the only difference between vada pav in Gujarat and Maharashtra. In the state of Gujarat, the original un-fried vada pav recipe is referred to as "Bombay vada pav".

This dish was initially started as the most cheapest form of a meal for low income group, but due to its taste, this dish became so popular that many sophisticated hotels also have started dishing out this dish at extra cost. However, this dish is still regarded as a humble dish, and many people have it at breakfast, lunch or even dinner as well.

Dude fill tht bun with some crispy fried chicken.. some salad,cheese,sauce,mayo... and it would taste a billion times better!

Back
Top Bottom