What's new

Sachin Tendulkar greater than Don Bradman: Researcher

Sachin is a god?? really ?? if a man hitting sixes and four then he become god?? nowadays Indian youths turning into stupid population they worshiping sportsmans ,actors ,actress I don't where it gng to end. Even GOI behave like fools best eg trying to issue BR for sachin.

If industrialist, politicians can get BR then why can't Sachin? He is the source of inspiration for millions of kids and youths, they want to be like him

If industrialist, politicians can get BR then why can't Sachin? He is the source of inspiration for millions of kids and youths, they want to be like him

They are gud politicians they really worked for the society except Rajiv. u R telling abt TATA have u knw abt him? his contributed lot to india growth and society. ok Sachin is inspiration to many youths i agree , then wat way india gets benefited? if youths become cricket players that only benefits his family and corporates. But Tata case is different.

That would be because Bharat Ratna was never meant to be handed out for excelling in sport or for that matter any other field (Given for exceptional service towards advancement of Art, Literature and Science, and in recognition of Public Service of the highest order). Even if sport has now been included, it is by no mean a certainty that Sachin Tendulkar is the only claimant. Why not Viswanathan Anand whose achievements dwarf Tendulkar's ? What about P.T. Usha? Geet Sethi? Michael Ferreira? Pankaj Advani? Abhinav Bindra? Even in cricket, Sunil Gavakar & Kapil Dev were record holders at the time of their retirements. Why should they be denied? What about a posthumous one for the incomparable Dyan Chand? Tenzing Norgay would have a claim that would be difficult to brush aside. What specific characteristic separates Tendulkar from these greats except popularity? The Bharat Ratna cannot be reduced to a popularity contest, can it? Should it? My personal opinion is that the BR should only be awarded to those who have advanced the cause of their art(not just played it well) & more specifically for those who have rendered great service to the society at large over & above their chosen profession.

They are gud politicians they really worked for the society except Rajiv. u R telling abt TATA have u knw abt him? his contributed lot to india growth and society. ok Sachin is inspiration to many youths i agree , then wat way india gets benefited? if youths become cricket players that only benefits his family and corporates. But Tata case is different.

Bharat Ratna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just go through the list.
Lata Mangeshkar, Bhimsen Joshi, Bismillah Khan, Ravi Shankar all these legends have received Bharat Ratna, now tell me what are there contribution to society?

Saying some1 is a god isnt ment to be taken literally...

Lighten up i say im a god all the time;)

I never saw sachin scoring on turning or bouncing or swinging wickets as S Waugh, Anwar, Inzi used to do.

Besides Sachin played more games then any world knowns batsman .....these could be the reason he has tons under his belts...
But he never been a match winner or tournament winner.

Can you compare a spit fire with a F22, ake a call.:police:

MELBOURNE: An Economics researcher claims to have found an answer to one of the biggest debates in international cricket by picking Indian icon Sachin Tendulkar as the greatest Test batsman ever over late Australian legend Sir Donald Bradman.

"Griffith University researcher Dr Nicholas Rohde has used economic theory to compare batsmen from different eras, and says India's Little Master, who will pad up against the Aussies at the MCG on Boxing Day, is history's premier willow wielder," reported 'The Australian'.

The 38-year-old Tendulkar has a world-record 15,183 runs from 184 Tests at an average of 56.02 since making his debut in 1989.

Bradman, on the other hand, played 52 Tests from 1928 to 1948, scoring 6996 runs at an astonishing average of 99.94. He died in 2001 aged 92.

Dr Rohde said a theoretical analysis puts Tendulkar above Bradman.

"The rankings are designed to allow for meaningful comparisons of players with careers of different lengths," Dr Rohde said.

"It's an emotional issue and there will always be debate between followers of Test cricket about the relative career performances of various batsmen," he added.

The rankings by the researcher have been created according to a player's career aggregate runs, minus the total number of runs that an average player of that era would accumulate over the same number of innings.

Allan Border (seven) and Steve Waugh (nine) are the other Australian batsmen in the top 10. Rahul Dravid (fourth) and Sunil Gavaskar (eighth) are the other Indians in the list.

Dr Rohde said it was possible that Tendulkar and Bradman could swap their places many times before the Indian retires as a dip in form would affect his standing.

Sachin Tendulkar greater than Don Bradman: Researcher - The Times of India
There are significant differences between the time, nature and trends in play when one tries to compare Sir Bradman and Sachin.
The era when Bradman played was that where cricket was mainly charaterised by
1-Natural Pitches which were often more suitable for bowlers than batsmen
2-The prevailence of only one form of the game i.e. Test Cricket
3-The lesser amount of cricket being played around the world
Even the conventional one day cricket in 90s was very slow as compared to the current version of ODI which predominently suits the batsman. So maintaining such an estonishing average in an era where the cricket was much "grosser" than today is nothing short of marvelous.
Sachin Indeed has his names in the legends of modern cricket, but comparing him with bradman is incorrect as both faced different frontiers during their careers.

Believe or not, I also think Kapil Dev was better than Sachin from India.

yep sachin is playing since my dad never born and he will play when my last son die in 2090 :P why don't he resign i am really confused .

why should he resign? any logical argument for it ?

i mean in which dictionary is it written that a sportsman should play only from x age to y age?

the sole criteria to keep playing is to keep performing. when the gas gets empty, the player should quit.

now you tell me how has SRT been performing ? do u think his gas tank is empty? do u really think sachin needs to quit ?

Back
Top Bottom