What's new

Sachin may be your god but not mine: Akhtar

LOL , are you serious? Let me write some bad stuff about Jinnah and come to pakistan to promote my book. I doubt i'll return alive , so let's leave it at that.

You perhaps did not know that Jaswant Singh recently wrote a book that presented Quaid-e-Azam in a negative light. Ofcourse, he wasn't very flattering of Gandhi either, so he got booted from his party as well.

sir,
thats your take, but most indians have a status in their minds for sachin,which i think cannot be explained , and which is why many ppl jast see him as a god. The position he enjoys in the hearts and minds of every indian across any dividing lines is much bigger than a nehru will ever have.
thanks

bhai woh kah raha hai, nahi pasand aye to 500 ki chat khalo, isi tarah tumko nahi acha laga to doosri thread check karlo aur channel change karlo.

Sir,

Let's not be silly---Tendulkar is just a great cricketer----he is no Jinnah---nor he is Nehru----let's keep him in his place----.

All true fast bowlers on good pitches owned every batsman that faced them regardless of Akhtar---Holding---Lee---Lillee---Thompson---Wesley Hall or others---and every one of them claimed the batsmen to be shi-ting in their pants when facing them---Tendulkar is no different and Shoaib is not out of line---.

Once india has a real paceman of the calibre of Akhtar----you people will be tearing every batsman up every which way possible----.

As a matter of fact---you people will be like pit bulls haranguing every batsman who was facing your speedster.

It was said the same thing about Hanif Mohammad---when he faced Wesley Halls-----that he was shaking in his pants---so their was a stanza written to that effect--

Hall ata hai

wabal ata hai

thora sa lal lal

nazar ata hai

and even though Hanif scored his tripple century in that tour of west indies----

mastan sir,

With due respect, Did hall go about telling the world that Hanif was scared of him???
i have never heard of Lilee/lee/holding/bond smack talk against a player who is considered a legend among his peers,

Is this not a stunt to sensationalize and sell books, If his bowling scared sachin tendulkar, i am pretty sure i would have scared the entire pakistani dressing room roster in the nets , maybe he should have mentioned that too.. that inzy was scared of him or saed anwar for that matter.

The reason to drag sachins name in this book is just a way to gloat and attract attention to himself

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Sachin isn't my god.

i hope you dont take "sachin is god" literally .. it just a an adynaton

So,

Jeff Thompson did not have to get in your face---he just delivered and every one on the receiving end shook in their pants most of the time---Lillee got in their faces as he wanted to----I am pretty sure he had choice words for some batsmen in his biograpgy---so did Holding and Roberts on the field---. I saw all of them bowl----I saw John Snow ball in pakistan and few of the openers were nervous as heck to face him as well---.

I sam Malcolm Marshall bowl---and and you could see the yellow spots on the behinds of batsmen---be it pakistan---indian or australian---. I saw Gavaskar bat and saw Vish bat as well-- and they were miserable facing these bowlers---and so were Mushtaq and Sadiq Mohammad----.

The only man that you say was truly not scared of any pace attack was Majid Khan----I saw the match live on tv where he challenged Lillee to hit him and he batted without the helmet----the six that he hit on the hook was a classic---.

And when the fastest of all of them says what he says---he is just making a statement---.

And as I stated in my last post---untill and unless india has a true paceman in their attack----they have no clue about the psyche of a paceman.

I'm surprised at all this drama. Both in India and Pakistan.
Sachin did not make any comments on it. Akhtar clarified he was talking about one match where Sachin was injured and had problems facing him. It is bound to happen. It is an incident big enough for Akhtar to want to mention in his book. And if anyone hadto react to it, it should have been Sachin,not his self appointed guardian angels.
The book's title was given for a reason and the publishers would have known well before hand what reactions would come out.From the looks of it Akhtar has been well prepared with replies for the same. Anyone who thinks he is going to apologize or thinks this is bad publicity needs a reality check. It might be in bad taste for a lot of people, but it will sell his book. That was the objective and I say well done to his publishers on the PR front. They have milked this controversy amazingly well.

Let me just remind shoaib of one of one of the many matches in which he was beaten to pulp by sachin in his very first over. 2003 wc . both dravid and tendulkar played match winning knocks.

Sachin has shown his class by not reacting to shoaib. clearly, beta beta hota hai aur baap baap hota hai

I will take it to the next step---I think this teen current generation has not seen a battery of fast attack bowlers like people in their 40 have----.

You guys have only seen Akhtar---Lee----and who else----.

There was a time when there was Lillee, Thomson, Imran, Holding, Roberts, Croft, Marshall, Garner all bowling during the same era---the batsmen had no respite---one after the other they got peppered with rising balls, short pitched deliveries, bouncers---and none of them were happy to see either of these pacemen---and specially when you faced the windies---there was no place to hide---because the windies pace attack kept coming one after the other.

All great bowlers get beat up on any given day by great batsmen---but what they do on other days---that is what people always talk about.

This guy is too much.. I like his attitude. This is what a fast bowler should be.

Sachin need no recognition from Tom-Dick and harry. He is an institution in himself. Sachin is untouched by sohaib's "Rakhi sawant" comments. But I don know why Media is so curious bout this discussion.

Sachin was uncomfortable with Glenni and Akhatar, we all know it. Even akhtar made a cooment "Every cricketer has a bad day, sachin has his"

I don see any need to make any issue out of his book.

why relaying so much on sachine to sell your book...
isn't that prove that sachin is no short of a god for him too...

Any update on what he said against Wasim akram and Shoiab Malik???

I will take it to the next step---I think this teen current generation has not seen a battery of fast attack bowlers like people in their 40 have----.

You guys have only seen Akhtar---Lee----and who else----.

Hi,

When it comes to fast bowlers attitude no one comes close to Andrew Flintoff in recent times. Yes some bowlers were extremely fast, some were excellent with their line and length but nobody is in the league of Flintoff. Not shoaib, not lee and not even the great Ws at their peak. Who else has rattled the batsmen like Kallis, Ponting, Gilchrist and Langer like he did. Every body watch this video till the end to know what I am talking about.

Kallis one of the biggest is completely out of sorts and guess what? He is batting on 69 not out :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom