What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

The reported newly developed engin is 25 percent powerful than the ws13, thus the lengthening of its body is expected. I even guess it is already undergoing.

Actually my rational is that lengthening has more to do with reducing trans/supersonic drag, improving area-ruling. FC-31 at it's current form is far from being able to super-cruise, therefore I think they'll do everything possible to achieve it, with new engine.

Actually my rational is that lengthening has more to do with reducing trans/supersonic drag, improving area-ruling. FC-31 at it's current form is far from being able to super-cruise, therefore I think they'll do everything possible to achieve it, with new engine.

Why do you take this lengthening of the fuselage for granted?
The WS-19 is surely not yet ready and as such will the J-35 again use a WS-13, which won't require a change in the design.

Honestly, IMO the J-35 will be a more modest evolutionary adaption of the well known FC-31V2 with the necessary changes related to carrier use.

Why do you take this lengthening of the fuselage for granted?
The WS-19 is surely not yet ready and as such will the J-35 again use a WS-13, which won't require a change in the design.

Honestly, IMO the J-35 will be a more modest evolutionary adaption of the well known FC-31V2 with the necessary changes related to carrier use.

I'm not taking it granted yet, just predicting it.

FC-31 has weapon bay almost the size of J-20 main bay yet has a much shorter length, its area-ruling must be worse than J-20 right? This is not good for super-cruise, the navy really wants a super-cruise plane so SAC will have to do anything necessary. I also predict a slight shrink of the weapon bay, just enough to hold 4 new folded fin AAM, though side-bay is possible since the current position is wasted anyway.

Basically reduce max cross-section area as much as possible and lengthen to produce much reduced supersonic drag, so more like hornet to super-hornet kind of change.

I admit it is more or less my own wish list but it makes sense, those're what I'd do to please the navy.

Not enough length there for SD-10, blocked by main gear.

However I predict J-35 will have side bay by lengthening the fuselage.

I said that too as changes can be made while still on prototype stage ended up being warned by mod for topic violation.

Yes, since you constantly post things that have been discussed since years, which are no longer on the agenda from all we know and you repeatedly mix it with even more stupid politics!

That's why you got your warning and again: Please go ahead and start a new thread on "WHAT if the J-35 would be a heavy fighter with 2x WS-10C?" but don't spam this one .

By the way:

EXz0Og3U0AAXyWb

The reported newly developed engin is 25 percent powerful than the ws13, thus the lengthening of its body is expected. I even guess it is already undergoing.

2nd person with saying the same thing. The FC-31 having 25% more power is added advantage, it sure needs the power it could get for better performance when loaded. WS19 engine is probably still in development while WS13E serves as backup in case they need to push FC-31 into production asap.

It looks like RC jet by the way. Can I add the enlarged navalized J-35 prediction to our bet?

You mean I will resign as a moderator if SAC indeed develops and flies an enlarged WS-10-powered navalised J-35 until years's end?

You mean I will resign as a moderator if SAC indeed develops and flies an enlarged WS-10-powered navalised J-35 until years's end?

You're not resigning, just don't suspend before giving fair trial. That is for J-35 if Shenyang decided to go ahead but their focus now if FC-31. As per few of them here, the main bay could barely fit PL-12, so they might lengthen to fit PL-15.

You're not resigning, just don't suspend before giving fair trial. That is for J-35 if Shenyang decided to go ahead but their focus now if FC-31. As per few of them here, the main bay could barely fit PL-12, so they might lengthen to fit PL-15.
J-31 IS MEDIUM FIGHTER, IF IT WILL INTENDED TO USE WS-10 ITS IS TIME CUNSUMING AND COST LOTS MORE $$$ BECAUSE YOU HAVE REDISGN ALMOST ALL J-35

J-31 IS MEDIUM FIGHTER, IF IT WILL INTENDED TO USE WS-10 ITS IS TIME CUNSUMING AND COST LOTS MORE $$$ BECAUSE YOU HAVE REDISGN ALMOST ALL J-35

My prediction is that FC-31 and J-35 will be 2 different aircrafts. Let's wait and see how it turns out. Current development is for FC-31 that will be fitted with WS-13E and later WS19 engine

No Kungfugymnast it is rumor that there is no huge size difference between final version and prototypes. Definitely can forget about using WS-10 on larger FC-31 for navy. The navy wants many fighters for 003 and future versions. Now the mystery really is about J-15. I will assume J-35 is for stealth and fly in front to detect targets and guide long range missiles launched by J-15 similar to J-16 an J-20 but navy requires smaller J-35 so more fighter can be fit inside carrier. The important job is eyes not for carrying so many different large missiles. 4 PL-15 if it can carry will be very good already.

No Kungfugymnast it is rumor that there is no huge size difference between final version and prototypes. Definitely can forget about using WS-10 on larger FC-31 for navy. The navy wants many fighters for 003 and future versions. Now the mystery really is about J-15. I will assume J-35 is for stealth and fly in front to detect targets and guide long range missiles launched by J-15 similar to J-16 an J-20 but navy requires smaller J-35 so more fighter can be fit inside carrier. The important job is eyes not for carrying so many different large missiles. 4 PL-15 if it can carry will be very good already.

If PLAN next carrier 003 managed to come up with working launch system comparable to US super carriers, expect it to be as big as US Nimitz class carrier large enough to house many large fighters. F-14B tomcat at 62ft long, wingspan 64 ft unswept 32ft swept, F/A-18E length 60ft and wingspan 44ft no space issue with US carriers. The J15 is far larger at 71ft long and 48ft wide.

As for FC-31 some said its internal bay could barely fit PL-12 and can't fit PL-15 which is serious matter if it's true as these will be the standard air to air missiles. Lengthening FC31 is simpler than Boeing attempt to lengthen its X-31. If PLAN decided to have FC-31 on board type 003, its requirements will need the PL-15.

Back
Top Bottom