What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

PLAAF has made a request for a light-weight fourth-generation fighter, and SAC is working hard for that.

Do we know if SAC's plan is to promote FC-31 or develop a new light fighter?

Screenshot_2018-10-17-16-56-32-573_com.ijinshan.browser_fast.jpg

IMG_20181017_165815.jpg

FC-31 with WS-13E is said to be 85% cost and 75% performance of J-20 with AL-31F.

Do we know if SAC's plan is to promote FC-31 or develop a new light fighter?

light weight or medium weight?? I think if indeed a light weight type, then it is unlikely based on the FC-31, which is more a medium weight type.

light weight or medium weight?? I think if indeed a light weight type, then it is unlikely based on the FC-31, which is more a medium weight type.

I don't think that the stated requirements are that strict or that translations were entirely on-point.

Interesting, so the new PLAAF requirement for a lightweight fighter has nothing to do with the FC-31?
I think FC-31 V1 and V2 are still technology demonstrators, and SAC didn't know the requests of its potential customers yet.

I think FC-31 V1 and V2 are still technology demonstrators, and SAC didn't know the requests of its potential customers yet.

Yes, I do realize that, but your previous post implied that the PLAAF wasn't satisfied with the FC-31 design.

Back
Top Bottom