What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

We should try for J20. I knew china dont want to export J20 but Pakistan is very special friend of china and little diplomatic effort can convince china for J20 export to only Pakistan

We should try for J20. I knew china dont want to export J20 but Pakistan is very special friend of china and little diplomatic effort can convince china for J20 export to only Pakistan

Let me just think about it? ... Nope!

1024px-20170810034434%21Mitsubishi_F-2_in_flight_23_%28cropped%29.jpg

Jap F2 , then South Korea did it too.
1024px-Five_F-CK-1s_of_427th_Wing_Parked_at_Ching_Chuang_Kang_Air_Force_Base_Apron_20161126.jpg
Bottom one r Taiwan jets like our JF-17

The reason we have not seen J10 in PAF service is the engine (AL31FN) now Chinese have started placing WS10 Engines in J10C still long way to maturity.

Now Project Azm = (J31 with WS19 engine and European/Chinese avionics)
Project Azm design will be local. No ToT of an already built aircraft. Yes there will be foreign input and almost certainly a foreign engine. I think PAF does not want to get in a situation of earlier block JF17s with a short legged fighter with limited ordinance (although still capable and the only option to induct in numbers).

I think PAF does not want to get in a situation of earlier block JF17s with a short legged fighter with limited ordinance (although still capable and the only option to induct in numbers).
What do you want a lightweight fighter to be?

Project Azm design will be local. No ToT of an already built aircraft. Yes there will be foreign input and almost certainly a foreign engine. I think PAF does not want to get in a situation of earlier block JF17s with a short legged fighter with limited ordinance (although still capable and the only option to induct in numbers).
Lolz ,,, we have no capacity to build a local design ... specially a fifth generation ... the focus is on lot of localization but design is the most complex part and cant be local as of now ...

At max on board design specifying the capability definition and technologies to be used will be done locally by the help of CAD but we are not equipped with building and testing prototypes as of yet ...

What do you want a lightweight fighter to be?
By looking at his post do you think he understands the purpose of thunder ? We all know thunder was short legged by design and not by short coming ... it was never intended for deep strike mission and to defend own territory it is fixed with IFR probe ...

Except for engine and hard points, thunder is a wonderful project and has delivered much more than our expectations ...

we replaced second generation aircraft like F7, F6 and Mirrage III with a true 4.5 generation fighter having capabiltiies of BVR engagement and stand-off munitions ... what else we could have done ?

Offcourse we need our future front end fighter to replace f16s but that has nothing to do with thunder poject

Lolz ,,, we have no capacity to build a local design ... specially a fifth generation ... the focus is on lot of localization but design is the most complex part and cant be local as of now ...

At max on board design specifying the capability definition and technologies to be used will be done locally by the help of CAD but we are not equipped with building and testing prototypes as of yet ...

By looking at his post do you think he understands the purpose of thunder ? We all know thunder was short legged by design and not by short coming ... it was never intended for deep strike mission and to defend own territory it is fixed with IFR probe ...

Except for engine and hard points, thunder is a wonderful project and has delivered much more than our expectations ...

we replaced second generation aircraft like F7, F6 and Mirrage III with a true 4.5 generation fighter having capabiltiies of BVR engagement and stand-off munitions ... what else we could have done ?

Offcourse we need our future front end fighter to replace f16s but that has nothing to do with thunder poject

True it is a great aircraft for PAF… but allow me to put this forward. Whatever we will see in block III (maybe except the AESA) including likely increased BVR carrying capability could have been done from the getgo. The question is why wasn't it done? … and why is PAF not jumping to join J31?

Because PAF could neither jump nor join. Somehow people have this concept that anything China builds is our devine right to have. This is not the case and a lot has changed in the last 20 years.
A
True it is a great aircraft for PAF… but allow me to put this forward. Whatever we will see in block III (maybe except the AESA) including likely increased BVR carrying capability could have been done from the getgo. The question is why wasn't it done? … and why is PAF not jumping to join J31?

SAC's J-31 looks like a red headed step child, PLAAF doesn't seems to be interested in it nor does PLAAN, why should PAF go for it on its own ? PAF with its great working relationship with CAC will most likely stick with them for AZM or the Next Gen Fighter.

As for why PAF is not jumping on J-31 ? did you see what happened on Feb 27th ? did PAF get rolled over that it needs to panic and pick up a design that gets looks and well gets looks and that's about it ?

Because PAF could neither jump nor join. Somehow people have this concept that anything China builds is our devine right to have. This is not the case and a lot has changed in the last 20 years.
A
IMO, Pakistan may prefer high-cost weapons from the west.

IMO, Pakistan may prefer high-cost weapons from the west.
It is not about the cost but about reliability. From a sellers perspective however, the more weapons you can mate with your fighter jet the more its demand and acceptability.
A

SAC's J-31 looks like a red headed step child, PLAAF doesn't seems to be interested in it nor does PLAAN, why should PAF go for it on its own ? PAF with its great working relationship with CAC will most likely stick with them for AZM or the Next Gen Fighter.

As for why PAF is not jumping on J-31 ? did you see what happened on Feb 27th ? did PAF get rolled over that it needs to panic and pick up a design that gets looks and well gets looks and that's about it ?

God forbid, but history can repeat itself like A5

Back
Top Bottom