What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

Its no full radar but components like mmic's and other materials dude.
They are banned for china

And japan was the first country in the world to produce a Gan mmic.

Why would China care?

It's electronics industry is maturing and is reckoned to be 5-10 years away from matching Japan and Korea.

Actually France can. It has produced the Empar radar for Horizon frigate which is passive though.

Rafale has an AESA radar and its electronics like Spectra are considered to be very sophisticated.

I agree that in some areas that China has caught up with France in radar and electronics but the French do have a bit more experience but China is catching up fast.

Sorry, but J-20 is now fielding the AESA radar comparable to F-22 even with the EOTS.

France simply needs to prove themselves by coming up with a true 5th gen aircraft avionics.

Why would China care?

It's electronics industry is maturing and is reckoned to be 5-10 years away from matching Japan and Korea.

Are u joking??
U seem to be having too much delusion.

Its china vs nato as not one component would be exported to china.Now calculate the combined r and d of nato.

Wake up

Sorry, but J-20 is now fielding the AESA radar comparable to F-22 even with the EOTS.

France simply needs to prove themselves by coming up with a true 5th gen aircraft avionics.

The avionics in rafale are second to only f-35.
F-22 is too old and outdated in electronics,,j-20 will be better than that as its being mad 15 years later.

The processor speed has increased 1000's of times from 2000 level.
APG-77 simply is too old

OK. let us agree to disagree here.

Anyway we both agree that China has world-class electronics now. It has come a long, long way in the last decade.

Why no one is answering me on earphones/headphones??
What brand do u guys use??

It can be fixed in 5 years provided we fund it.
It works but we cannot make single crystal blades and its oveweight.

Ironically, Rolls Royce has already started to outsource their crystal blades to us.

This is a secret deal, they didn't dare to report it.

无锡透平叶片厂获罗·罗公司订单 大飞机的“中国心”又近一步-观察者网

It is not that they want to let us to copy their technology, it is because China can already make the crystal blades as good as that of the R&R with a much cheaper price.

I was simply LMAO when I saw those anti-China news still boast how China cannot make the proper crystal blades.

Ironically, Rolls Royce has already started to outsource their crystal blades to us.

This is a secret deal, they didn't dare to report it.

无锡透平叶片厂获罗·罗公司订单 大飞机的“中国心”又近一步-观察者网

It is not that they want to let us to copy their technology, it is because China can already make the crystal blades as good as that of the R&R with a much cheaper price.

I was simply LMAO when I saw those anti-China news still boast how China cannot make the proper crystal blades.

I never said it,,i said india cannot mass produce it.
But with funding it may be possible in next 5 years.

India is way behind but we will get there

The Su-35 engine is not comparable to the F119.

Only the scrapped version of AL-41 will be a true superior rival of the F119.

@SvenSvensonov

Even the AL-41 wouldn't be a good comparison to the F119. Russian engines are notoriously fickle and high maintenance, which was my main reason for surprise when it was announced that the export model of the J-31 would use such an engine. This would give the J-31 poor range and high maintenance costs due to the engines unsuitability. Too be fair no one is sure if these reports are true or not, but if they are it's a sign that China is trying to protect its own engine development by offering Russian engines instead of its own. Russian engines offer good performance, but poor reliability over the course of their lives. I'm in no position to offer an opinion or analysis on China's engine development, given the lack of public information, but historically Chinese engines have been even more unreliable than Russian ones. As China progresses this will probably reverse, but keep in mind the Russian's have been producing engines for far longer than China, almost as long as the US, and they still haven't quite got their designs to be reliable enough. Typically other Western designs are the best comparison for the F119, they offer good performance, reliability and cost. It will be interesting to see China's continued engine development and especially if they can overcome the issues that the Russians have yet to solve.

I am impressed with China new engines though. But I can't say if they are any good or not since nothing about them has been confirmed as far as performance. The WS-15 could come closest to the F119, but again we need to see some confirmed specifications.

Even the AL-41 wouldn't be a good comparison to the F119. Russian engines are notoriously fickle and high maintenance, which was my main reason for surprise when it was announced that the export model of the F-31 would use such an engine. This would give the J-31 poor range, and high maintenance costs due to the engines unsuitability. Too be fair no one is sure if these reports are true or not, but if they are it's a sign that China is trying to protect its own engine development by offering Russian engines instead or its own. Russian engines offer good performance, but poor reliability over the course of their lives. I'm in no position to offer an opinion or analysis on China's engine development, given the lack of public information, but historically Chinese engines have been even more unreliable than Russian ones. As China progresses this will probably reverse, but keep in mind the Russian's have been producing engines for far longer than China, almost as long as the US, and they still haven't quite got their designs to be reliable enough. Typically other Western designs are the best comparison for the F119, they offer good performance, reliability and cost. It will be interesting to see China's continued engine development and especially if they can overcome the issues that the Russians have yet to solve.

I am impressed with China new engines though. But I can't say if they are any good or not since nothing about them has been confirmed as far as performance. The WS-15 could come closest to the F119, but again we need to see some confirmed specifications.

We are waiting for the new WS-15 to turn the table on this domain.

The basic WS-10 is in fact superior to the basic AL-31 in its design, but it had some problems during the early stage because of the premature stage and the lack of the skillful assembly workers.

The prototype worked finely with 1000 hours of non-stop ground test, but some early mass produced units have suffered some performance problems because the unexperienced assembly workers.

BTW, the TWR of the WS-15 is reported to be around 10-11.

The WS-10A engine and the AF-31F engine have completely different design layout, hence they are not related.

You talk about WS-10 is a copy of AL-31F, whereas WS-10A is a copy F110, that's not true, it has already been debunked.

I know explaining with you in Chinese is better for understanding, but it is against the forum rules.
Baidu encyclopedia says so

Back
Top Bottom