SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

This is confirmed scheduled production of Block-3 by the Air Chief:

2020: Block-3 x2
2021: Block-3 x12
2022: Block-3 x12
2023: Block-3 x12
2024: Block-3 x12

It is August 2020. So far, so good.
Which Air Chief has confirmed anything about J-31?

Pakistan has officially launched Project Azm and annoumced completion of its conceptual design so far along with a 10-year journey that began from July 2017.

What has Pakistan said anything about J-31? Nothing.

Pakistan will either end up something like J31 or TAI TFX under Project AZM Pakistan is not gonna make a plane from scratch we can't even make engines or Radars let alone Complete 5th Generation aircraft

Pakistan will either end up something like J31 or TAI TFX under Project AZM Pakistan is not gonna make a plane from scratch we can't even make engines or Radars let alone Complete 5th Generation aircraft
Pakistan would definitely have to import the radar, engines, and other key subsystems, that is for sure. But that does not mean AZM is dead ... Pakistan does not have to create all the subsystems on its own for the AZM to be a success.

I don't understand how you make that claim tbh. PAC is actively working on an airborne phased array FCR. We have credible evidence to suggest this, while they may not have a fab for the TRM's, that is not an issue considering Aselsan does and is willing to export.

I would respond - worry first about what the enemy has, before worrying about what they might get later.

And thats what the PAF is doing, with Block 3, however you would rather not dig yourself a hole that you cannot match later on. Why make your life difficult. Pakistan realises this, why do you think HQ-9 isnt a thing yet? Doing so, PA would push India to speeding up their S400 acq/deployment

With that logic... It means pakistan should always under equip itself?... I thought the best strategy is to have the qualitative edge over the enemy???
Rock and a hard place situation - until we let India know we could listen into their radio’s, they had not gone into panic against us.

Same way, unless India equips with the F-35(which it will) we should not announce anything. Israel is the smartest airforce in the world not because of just equipment and training; but because they make small local statements at a high level on capability and then let performance along with media savvy(letting western sources be the validation mouth pieces) do the rest in solidifying fear within enemy ranks.

India think j20 is inferior to their su30
They might rate j31 as good as mig29

So i doubt a reaction would happen

India think j20 is inferior to their su30
They might rate j31 as good as mig29

So i doubt a reaction would happen
You are confusing with what the Indian media or retired generals think versus the IAF itself. I highly highly doubt the top brass of the IAF thinks the J-20 is not a 5th generation fighter lol. They are only saying these things because they want to project confidence, but deep down they know the J-20 is basically a noose around the IAF's neck at this point.

And thats what the PAF is doing, with Block 3, however you would rather not dig yourself a hole that you cannot match later on. Why make your life difficult. Pakistan realises this, why do you think HQ-9 isnt a thing yet? Doing so, PA would push India to speeding up their S400 acq/deployment
Well I believe a panicked arms race - which is what you're describing - is probably already under way. I take your point that Pakistan cannot match India's potential in such an arms race, however, nothing at present will stop India's military supermarket sweep because USA is motivating it against the Chinese. If India is boosting itself to face off against China, surely it makes no difference what Pakistan does or doesn't purchase with regards to India's current motivation?

30-40 planes FC-31 would offer a magnificent boost for Tactical Bombing across the border
Disagree on many accounts.

A major point being that Pakistan should have the capability to produce own aircrafts, tanks, helicopters, ships, UCAVs etc. Once the industry and related factories are in place, Pakistan can produce weapons in capacity as required, otherwise allocate funds towards development of non-defence related projects in Pakistan for the betterment of own population, such as hospitals, pharmacies, schools, universities, disaster relief centres, roads etc as well as upgrade current infrastructure and facilities to international level. Indian weapons race in the region is never-ending and Pakistan's Government should look for a long term solution to address this issue.

With that logic... It means pakistan should always under equip itself?... I thought the best strategy is to have the qualitative edge over the enemy???
A good strategy is to acquire ' indigenous ' capability to manufacture own weapons and systems, all types.
India will buy S-400, Rafale, aircraft carrier etc, this is to force Pakistan to go on a buying spree of weapons to match all these. PAF has so far been able to keep up against IAF through JF-17, which is still not completely indigenous.

Back
Top Bottom