What's new

SAAB pitches to Make Gripen E in INDIA for the IAF under 'Make In India'

The low end tier needs would be met by the F-16INs that India plans to procure.

Gripen would get the contract on Tejas MK2.

I don't have the hopes of anymore aircraft type joining IAF

First. it's Budjet ,36 Rafales will be followed by 90 make in India that means IAF have to invest on two fronts simultaneously

Second procurement of Su 30 + LCA is also continuing

Third after Su 30, talks are on for Su35 manufacture until Pak fa is ready.

I don't have the hopes of anymore aircraft type joining IAF

First. it's Budjet ,36 Rafales will be followed by 90 make in India that means IAF have to invest on two fronts simultaneously

Second procurement of Su 30 + LCA is also continuing

Third after Su 30, talks are on for Su35 manufacture until Pak fa is ready.

Tejas story would be akin to Arjun.

Tejas MK2 won't be ready at least until 2025. Same is the case with FGFA. SU35 would not be happening. Super Sukhoi upgrade is the only one that would happen in the next couple of years.

The lower tier would be made up with F-16s

f16 are not coming to India ,be rest assured.

Well let's just wait 3 more months. I have my sources and I pretty confident on this. Though I agree that F-18s is 50:50 at this time.

Last edited:
Well just wait 3 more months. I have my sources and I pretty confident on this. Though I agree that F-18s is 50:50 at this time.
you can wait, If America thinks they can walk-in someday and think they can get all the goodies,that's not going to happen.

there is lot US has to demonstrate before India can buy something like a fighter from US.

Tejas story would be akin to Arjun.

Tejas MK2 won't be ready at least until 2025. Same is the case with FGFA. SU35 would not be happening. Super Sukhoi upgrade is the only one that would happen in the next couple of years.

The lower tier would be made up with F-16s

Well let's just wait 3 more months. I have my sources and I pretty confident on this. Though I agree that F-18s is 50:50 at this time.

I think India engages with everyone, chances are there for everyone. Not just F16
Will see in 3 months ..
I like to see Tata in fighter business, so I will support Lockheed Tata combo.

PAF will be demoralised if India gets F16 IN. ( higher numbers , better quality )

Final opinion of myn : enough spending on defence , let's focus on development and growth.

What basically India is trying to do....????
One side there is France and on the other hand Saab buttering India....

Actually trying to get LCA up and away ..... the aim is to put LCA on ground. OTOH we have begun to buttress our air defences in the interim period with MR-SAMs undergoing final user trials with operational units. With the induction already underway of the MR-SAM, at least there is some move towards securing the skies.

India is more likely to go in with F-18 as opposed to F-16s. on the lighter side , there is enough confusion with Mi-35s with PAF and Mi-17s being operated on either side and all the T-80s adding to more fun ... we don't need any more confusion. We might as well start floating joint tenders for PAF and IAF in future ..... both will beat the costs!!! LOL!

I think India engages with everyone, chances are there for everyone. Not just F16
Will see in 3 months ..

PAF will be demoralised if India gets F16 IN. ( higher numbers , better quality )

Final opinion of myn : enough spending on defence , let's focus on development and growth.
Thtas the dream of India Of F-16 having make in India

Gripen continues to have chance until F-16s deal is closed with US. Apart from the Gripen sale, SAAB is pitching for partnership & collaboration on LCA MK2.

Now I understand the meaning of your post

After reading that your source is confident of F16IN in IAF

3 months is it ? I will wait for it.

Will see in 3 months ..

DO you mean there will be one more plane other than the Rafale

Only 20 will be made to MK1 specs. Next 100 based on SoP-18 Tejas will have AESA radar, air-to air refuelling system, Self-Protection Jammer (SPJ) under the Fighter’s wing and better layout of internal systems to make the fighter easier to maintain.

And that will take a long time to develop, so squadrons will be depleted,
unless something else is procured meanwhile.
What will that be...

Thtas the dream of India Of F-16 having make in India
F 16 is a potent but old design. We already have F16 stationed in our country from Singapore. They base their F16's here and we can and have been exploring them since a long time.

F 16 is a potent but old design. We already have F16 stationed in our country from Singapore. They base their F16's here and we can and have been exploring them since a long time.
Our Modern blocks of F-16 like block 52 can easily handle your 300 MKI's.....You cant put Singaporean F-16 into use.....

Our Modern blocks of F-16 like block 52 can easily handle your 300 MKI's.....You cant put Singaporean F-16 into use.....
Once an airframe is developed, there are limits to what changes and improvements can be made. And we DO NOT want to use Singapore's F16s we just know everything to there is to know about that plane. We also had 6 years with the most advanced variant of F16 for our MMRCA competition and evaluated it on more than 600 different criteria, and rejected it. We know all about that plane. It's a good plane but ultimately it's old.
And no F16 is no match for MKI and we don't need to deploy all 300 for pakistan.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom