What's new

SAAB pitches to Make Gripen E in INDIA for the IAF under 'Make In India'

What basically India is trying to do....????
One side there is France and on the other hand Saab buttering India....

I don't know when they will stop pitching it.
We are very thankful for their offer,
Gripen is a wonderful aircraft, but doesn't suit as well..
Thank you very much for the offer.

I don't know when they will stop pitching it.
We are very thankful for their offer,
Gripen is a wonderful aircraft, but doesn't suit as well..
Thank you very much for the offer.

Gripen continues to have chance until F-16s deal is closed with US. Apart from the Gripen sale, SAAB is pitching for partnership & collaboration on LCA MK2.

Refale , Sukhoi, tejas are enough for India as 4.5+ gen till 2030. Saab is not useful till it is not projecting any 5th gen fighters for India. My personal views.

Gripen continues to have chance until F-16s deal is closed with US. Apart from the Gripen sale, SAAB is pitching for partnership & collaboration on LCA MK2.

It's gone over the chance it had..

They wanted 51% stake and the control as major partner! that's why it didn't materialise before..

Not sure we ll go for it again, unless we get favourable deal.

Seems like most indians and Pakistanis are stupid in this forum.
India Have SU30 around 250 Plus some rafale but they are treated as high end plane.
what india as for low end or work force? Tejas? can he fill the gap of 2-300 planes in next few years?
Gripen pitch it for low end or as work force to replace mig 21 27s (or hoping for it) along with Tejas.

Refale , Sukhoi, tejas are enough for India as 4.5+ gen till 2030. Saab is not useful till it is not projecting any 5th gen fighters for India. My personal views.

The question is if India can produce enough Tejas to fill the gap, in a reasonable time.
And current Tejas mk I is more like Gripen C, than Gripen E.

The question is if India can produce enough Tejas to fill the gap, in a reasonable time.
And current Tejas mk I is more like Gripen C, than Gripen E.

Only 20 will be made to MK1 specs. Next 100 based on SoP-18 Tejas will have AESA radar, air-to air refuelling system, Self-Protection Jammer (SPJ) under the Fighter’s wing and better layout of internal systems to make the fighter easier to maintain.

Seems like most indians and Pakistanis are stupid in this forum.
India Have SU30 around 250 Plus some rafale but they are treated as high end plane.
what india as for low end or work force? Tejas? can he fill the gap of 2-300 planes in next few years?
Gripen pitch it for low end or as work force to replace mig 21 27s (or hoping for it) along with Tejas.

The low end tier needs would be met by the F-16INs that India plans to procure.

Gripen would get the contract on Tejas MK2.

Back
Top Bottom