What's new

SAAB-2000 Erieye delivery flight to PAF at ATHENS - 27/05/2020

This aircraft is part of the order placed in 2017. It is not the ER version and there is currently no plans to buy the ER version.
It is same as to the one of 2009..

Heart breaking

It was fun while it lasted. Only regret is that the repository of information on Pakistan’s military went up in flames with the death of the forum. Sadly became too toxic towards the end. Unprofessionalism seems to be a dominant trait among Pakistanis.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

@Flight of falcon

Yes it was sad brothers and we now remain the only dedicated forum and message board related to Pakistani defence affairs, but that's also our strength. Just look at the years we have clocked, the forum is 20 years old, that's no small thing. I've done 14 years actively, and three as a lurker, that's 17 years.
The site has grown to massive proportions and we are now read widely by the political establishment, the military, common folk in Pakistan and expats the world over. We have been far more successful than any previous site could ever become and we continue to grow mashallah.
It's you guys who are our greatest asset, and every patriotic poster on this forum. Together we can do so much more, and hopefully continue to go from strength to strength.

Back to topic guys, so how many systems does Pakistan now actually possess. I counted 7?

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

@Flight of falcon

Yes it was sad brothers and we now remain the only dedicated forum and message board related to Pakistani defence affairs, but that's also our strength. Just look at the years we have clocked, the forum is 20 years old, that's no small thing. I've done 14 years actively, and three as a lurker, that's 17 years.
The site has grown to massive proportions and we are now read widely by the political establishment, the military, common folk in Pakistan and expats the world over. We have been far more successful than any previous site could ever become and we continue to grow mashallah.
It's you guys who are our greatest asset, and every patriotic poster on this forum. Together we can do so much more, and hopefully continue to go from strength to strength.

Back to topic guys, so how many systems does Pakistan now actually possess. I counted 7?
Yes Sir, 7 as of now.

As it is looking to enter transport aircraft production really think PAC should look into picking up production rights for the SAAB 2000 since SAAB isn't making it any longer and the design was ahead of it's time, sadly run ended too early. PAC has already gotten TOT and rights for SAAB Safari, which is the Mushak. Acquiring rights is relatively risk free and ensures a matured product. Short haul traveling no matter the circumstances will always have a demand and aircraft manufacturers not paying attention to this category of planes, with possible options being ATR or MA600(AVIC). Could be a commercial success like the Mushak as competitors weren't paying much attention to this class. PIA ATRs are so heavily in use that they would need replacing eventually, so there is one possible client. With the rebuild expertise PAC has and the infrastructure needed for PAF's fleet there is a possible case for it.

8 Erieyes and 2 standard SAAB 2000s makes a neat little force. Split them into 2 squadrons. One in South and one in North, each one with 4 Erieyes plus one standard SAAB for pilot currency/training so to keep airframe hours and availability of the radar models strong. That easily enables each Sqd to keep at least one airplane in the air constantly. That gives you coverage of all of Pakistan
Forgetting the 4 x ZDK-03 AWACs already patrolling the South.

Last edited:
But ER version is necassary if we have Rafale at the neighbour. At Maximum it may can track Rafale at 250km only.

Stop posting immature, childish comments. Even 250 km detecting range is more than enough for PAF. Rafale bvr misisle range is around 120 km which is well inside our coverage range so in order to fire the target, rafale or su30 needs to come in well with in our awacs detecting range.

Stop posting immature, childish comments. Even 250 km detecting range is more than enough for PAF. Rafale bvr misisle range is around 120 km which is well inside our coverage range so in order to fire the target, rafale or su30 needs to come in well with in our awacs detecting range.

But don't forget they are getting S400 soon.

According to Usman Shabbir, plane spotters saw 11 Saab 2000s registered with the PAF, and by his estimation the PAF will ultimately have 9 Erieye AEW&C. Anyways, here's the news I promised by end of year everyone... :P
Sir,
PAF had an initial demand for 8 AWAC aircraft and they wanted PIA to also buy some aircraft similar to replace F-27s. PAF chose SAAB 2000 because of Flight performance in Northern Area but PIA could not buy SAAB 2000 as production was closed and they ordered ATR-42. SAAB had given 2 aircraft to PAF for evaluation and they were later gifted to PAF when they received an order of 8 Erieyes. Later on this order was renegotiated for 4 and 4 Chinese AWAC's.

Out of the 6 aircraft 3 were hit by the terrorists, equipment from the 2 damaged aircraft was installed on the 2 aircraft that were gifted to PAF so that we have complete area coverage. Later on the damaged aircraft were evaluated by SAAB and written off. At this time PAF decided to procure 1 more aircraft for training and VIP flights.

So PAF had 4 + 1 on order. KAMRA started working on the 2 damaged aircraft and was able to Rebuild them. This is where PAF ordered 3 Erieyes systems that were to be installed locally to the 3 available airframe and PAF KAMRA was certified by SAAB to be the second MRO facility for these systems in the world.

3 more were ordered in 2017 which were delivered hence taking the numbers to 10 aircraft. May be 1 training aircraft was bought but not reported because it had no significance but just a transport aircraft.

This is probably the reason 11 aircraft are registered in PAF and the claim by Usman Shabir is correct.

The Aircraft that is being delivered is probably a new order which could have been signed in 2017. Most likey this order is of 3 aircraft specifically for Southern Command hence added protection for corrosion from flying over the sea and radars to detect submarine and ships. So PAF might be looking towards a complete squadron i.e 15- 16 aircraft which could be divided up between equally in both commands.

so original order was 6 but then after 2005 earthquake we cut to 4 + 1 x VIP J-019 (which was a very bad idea btw)

in 2012 we had 3 damaged and 1 saved due it being in the air 10040

out of 3 damaged 2 repaired 1 write off (serial 10049) so we were left with only 3 units 10025, 10040 and 10045

2017 onwards we ordered 3 more units which made them 6 in total which matched the original order from 2006, aircraft serial J-038, J-024 and J-062

this SE-057 would make it the 7th Erieye with probably 1 more coming

you nailed it sir i have rise this question 1 billion times that 049 is dead but PAF fans here do not want to see reality

We were told the last left Erieye is prepared too and is back in service. Unless those news spreaders were lying, we learned that all damaged AWACS were restored.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

@Flight of falcon

I remember in 2000 came across PDF but did not like it as it was in its teething issues. In 2003 started following it but did not become a member till 2014 when one of the post really made me to reply as the person had no clue to what he was claiming.

According to Usman Shabbir, plane spotters saw 11 Saab 2000s registered with the PAF, and by his estimation the PAF will ultimately have 9 Erieye AEW&C. Anyways, here's the news I promised by end of year everyone... :P
That means 13 AWACS in total in Pakistan ???

But don't forget they are getting S400 soon.

What has S400 to do with awacs. For your info S400 won't be placed at the border. They are there to guard their major cities and critical installations. For your further info they already have S300s. Have anyone talked about them like the way we feel so much threatened with S400. Placing near the border, say 100 km away from IB will be easy pickings for our artillery, MRLS, short range missiles, cruise missiles, SOW weapons, drone attacks etc.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

@Flight of falcon

Are you talking about this forum ???

In my opinion Pakistan has now enough AWACS what we need to focus on is these kind of Planes

D1s96PvWkAApv4u.jpg

images.jpg

Back
Top Bottom