What's new

SAAB-2000 Erieye delivery flight to PAF at ATHENS - 27/05/2020

Just to let you guys know, Pakdef is coming back as pakmil.net. Syed and H Khan will be in charge. Will take time to bring back the whole website.
I hope this it will work I was guessing ur same Momin from PDF

I happen to talk the some of the people personally. So yes, it is the same people in charge. I saw MAhmed join. I don’t know if it is Mansoor or not. Just letting you guys know.

There was also a lot of info on the Pak military there, other than the discussion forum. Hopefully, it will get back up as well.
Mansoor I remember Munir I remember passed away from Holland.

He's a common FB friend of a few people, so you'll see him post on our walls time to time. But no, he isn't on any forum that I know of. Truth be told, probably the 2nd most reliable guy for this info after Alan Warnes.

A great guy.
Met him a few times when he was a student and on pakdef.

If you can share his contact via DM, I shall be greatful.

I think there may be some confusion about 'Erieye'.

The SAAB 2000 - which PAF operates is NOT the only (type of) Erieye.

Erieye Radar System is developed by SAAB.

The Erieye is the Radar is mounted on the SAAB 340, SAAB 2000, Embraer 145/R-99 and the Bombardier GlobalEye.

The Bombardier GlobalEye has the Erieye ER.

In the case of PAF, its a coincidence that the Aircraft & Radar system are both SAAB.
I meant the radar is not made by Saab! it looks like a Saab/Ericsson antenna but its not made by Sweden!
I don't know, man. The Wiki link you sent clearly states that it is by SAAB (formally Ericsson Microwave Systems).

Erieye.jpg

I think there may be some confusion about 'Erieye'.

The SAAB 2000 - which PAF operates is NOT the only (type of) Erieye.

Erieye Radar System is developed by SAAB.

The Erieye is the Radar is mounted on the SAAB 340, SAAB 2000, Embraer 145/R-99 and the Bombardier GlobalEye.

The Bombardier GlobalEye has the Erieye ER.

In the case of PAF, its a coincidence that the Aircraft & Radar system are both SAAB.

I don't know, man. The Wiki link you sent clearly states that it is by SAAB (formally Ericsson Microwave Systems).

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indias-not-so-indigenous-aew-cs-netra.575527/

Just to let you guys know, Pakdef is coming back as pakmil.net. Syed and H Khan will be in charge. Will take time to bring back the whole website.
If this is indeed true, and it is the original leadership then it is welcome. However that site has come and gone so many times( i spent close to 18 years on that forum) that they have lost their participants for ever ..

What proof do we have that Syed and H Khan are in charge and not some pretenders cashing in on old glory?
I will NOT say "naya jaal laye puranay shikari" :P , but I WILL say "nayee botal mein wohi purani sharaab hay"

Original leadership? :bad:

NO THANKS!!! That alone is more than enough reason to stay as far away from that new place as possible.

Didn't eveyone just say that the original forum died BECAUSE of that original leadership?

As someone who was a member of that forum from its first birth (the first one of many :D) till its death, I know first hand that this is absolutely true.

And why bother going anywhere anyway when defence.pk is doing a better job now?

On a side note, BTW isn't it against the rules to mention other forum by name and address? @waz

And why bother going anywhere anyway when defence.pk is doing a better job now?

On a side note, BTW isn't it against the rules to mention other forum by name and address? @waz

I did not find anything in the forum rules saying that, so I went ahead and posted. My apologies if I have breached any rules.

You are welcome to stay away. Others may find it better without all the Indian trolls and kids.

I hope this it will work I was guessing ur same Momin from PDF

Yes. Just letting you guys know. Otherwise, I don’t post here.

Now at this point, i'm referring to GlobalEye which costs a staggering USD 240-280 Million.
The Cost can Be Brought Down by keeping Saab 2000 rather than going for far Expensive Bombardier Global 6000 as the Platform and Getting Erieye ER off the Shelf and Integrating it in House by Kamra.

UAE bought the third Eriye ER based on Global 6000 for 238 Million Remove the 60 Million for global 2000 Cost comes down to 178 which is not much Considering we have Bought the Sixth Erieye for 90 Million. It will still be Double the cost but nothing we cant afford. We Spend more money on Giving subsidies to Sugar Industry. Integrating the Systems in house and going for just Aerial Targeting and Surveillance part of ER system and Excluding the Ground and Sea Surveillance will bring the cost even further.

Last edited:
I did not find anything in the forum rules saying that, so I went ahead and posted. My apologies if I have breached any rules.
yes as per forum norms discussion about 'other forums' is not encouraged but as far as I know pakdefdotinfo was always considered as sister forum at this site .... so there was no need to apologies.

You are welcome to stay away. Others may find it better without all the Indian trolls and kids.

Yes. Just letting you guys know. Otherwise, I don’t post here.
Yes and then pretty soon those others will be labelled as being the indian trolls or else as unwanted kids. :rofl:

"Fool me once....." How does that end, do you know?

Or perhaps you prefer the one that says "Momin Aik Soorakh........" How does that one end?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom