dani958

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
S-400 DELIVERY CONTRACT ONLY BY YEAR-END
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2016 BY INDIANDEFENSE NEWS

S-400_Missile_Defense_System_11.jpg

Russia plans to sign a delivery contract for the S-400 missile system with India before the end of 2016, the head of Russia's Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) said Thursday.
FSMTC Director Alexander Fomin, denied rumors that the contract would be signed at the October 15-16 BRICS summit in Goa, noting that the remaining issues with it "have not yet been fully resolved." "We would like to hope for it before the end of 2016," he told RIA Novosti at the ArmHitec-2016 arms and defense technologies exhibition in Armenia.
http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2016/10/s-400-delivery-contract-only-by-year-end.html

S-400 DELIVERY CONTRACT ONLY BY YEAR-END
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2016 BY INDIANDEFENSE NEWS

S-400_Missile_Defense_System_11.jpg

Russia plans to sign a delivery contract for the S-400 missile system with India before the end of 2016, the head of Russia's Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) said Thursday.
FSMTC Director Alexander Fomin, denied rumors that the contract would be signed at the October 15-16 BRICS summit in Goa, noting that the remaining issues with it "have not yet been fully resolved." "We would like to hope for it before the end of 2016," he told RIA Novosti at the ArmHitec-2016 arms and defense technologies exhibition in Armenia.
http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2016/10/s-400-delivery-contract-only-by-year-end.html

I was expecting that. Documentation is just reached in 26 Dec 2015

Going by our reputation
If it was signed on 15-16 Oct it will the fastest contract in history of India

you have your systems why do you need this pdd aad pdv

Different tiers of BMD shield along with what we will be getting over time from Israel too.

There have even been rumours of next gen THAAD being offered to India by US down the road.

Different tiers of BMD shield along with what we will be getting over time from Israel too.

There have even been rumours of next gen THAAD being offered to India by US down the road.

Where have you heard this rumour about THAAD ?

Where have you heard this rumour about THAAD ?

Prasun K. Sengupta was idolizing it somewhat for quite some years....and I remember he commented somewhere that there was an approach by the US to offer it to India.

Read this for now (though I remember more being talked about it elsewhere):

http://trishul-trident.blogspot.ca/2015/10/the-iafs-perception-management.html

For now S-400 has clearly been picked, but maybe a super high-alt THAAD-ER will be on the anvil in future if Pakistan decides to seriously upgrade its delivery options en masse. It will compete with S-500 I would imagine.

@PARIKRAMA @anant_s @Abingdonboy @Water Car Engineer

S400 can't intercept the targets that Thaad can...
S400 can intercept medium range ballistic missiles at most
Ballistic missiles can vary widely in range and use, and are often divided into categories based on range. Various schemes are used by different countries to categorize the ranges of ballistic missiles:

Short- and medium-range missiles are often collectively referred to as theater or tactical ballistic missiles (TBMs). Long- and medium-range ballistic missiles are generally designed to deliver nuclear weapons because their payload is too limited for conventional explosives to be cost-effective (though the U.S. is evaluating the idea of a conventionally armed ICBM for near-instant global air strike capability, despite the high costs).

Most probably the deal is done.. so 2 or 3 months delay is not big deal.

S400 can't intercept the targets that Thaad can...
S400 can intercept medium range ballistic missiles at most
Ballistic missiles can vary widely in range and use, and are often divided into categories based on range. Various schemes are used by different countries to categorize the ranges of ballistic missiles:

Short- and medium-range missiles are often collectively referred to as theater or tactical ballistic missiles (TBMs). Long- and medium-range ballistic missiles are generally designed to deliver nuclear weapons because their payload is too limited for conventional explosives to be cost-effective (though the U.S. is evaluating the idea of a conventionally armed ICBM for near-instant global air strike capability, despite the high costs).

S-400 is more than sufficient given the main threat to India is MRBM/SRBM from you know who.

Another layer THAAD-ER/S-500 will be added at some future date when it is required.

Indigenous+Israeli systems will form the shortest range tier of defence.

Prasun K. Sengupta was idolizing it somewhat for quite some years....and I remember he commented somewhere that there was an approach by the US to offer it to India.

Read this for now (though I remember more being talked about it elsewhere):

For now S-400 has clearly been picked, but maybe a super high-alt THAAD-ER will be on the anvil in future if Pakistan decides to seriously upgrade its delivery options en masse. It will compete with S-500 I would imagine.

@PARIKRAMA @anant_s @Abingdonboy @Water Car Engineer

That link does not say THAAD was offered to India.

It only says that THAAD is superior to S-400.

So let us be clear. THAAD was never offered to India.

That link does not say THAAD was offered to India.

It only says that THAAD is superior to S-400.

So let us be clear. THAAD was never offered to India.

I am talking about another article I read that was much more detailed, but I cannot find it now. I will look for it when I have more time.

It wasnt an offer either, but rather an early interest kind of thing.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom