What's new

S-350 Missile for Russian Air Defense

Thunder.Storm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
S-350 Missile for Russian Air Defense.

Russia’s air defenders will soon be using super-maneuverable missile systems equipped with new generation munitions, a Defense Ministry spokesman said on Tuesday.
In addition to the S-400 systems, our air defense forces will start receiving the S-350 Vityaz missiles, which are more maneuverable and boast self-homing warheads of a new generation, Colonel Igor Klimov told RIA Novosti news agency.
The Vityaz-350 systems are scheduled to enter service in 2016.

The S-350E Vityaz (Knight) is a short-to-mid range air defense missile system intended to provide point defense against aircraft and precision attacks.

It was developed by Almaz-Antey Company as a replacement for the ageing S-300PS, which was developed back in the early 1980s.The 9M96E naval version guided missile under development will be called Redut.

Russia’s airspace is currently protected by S-400 Triumf and S-300 Favorit missiles, and Pantsir-S short to medium range surface-to-air missile and anti-aircraft artillery system.
1172.jpg

it is a gap filler between the s300 and the s400 Russia is not exporting the s400 system any time soon (only to china)
and there are a lot of countries that want the s400 system though. but they do not want the s300 which Russia is selling at a very low price as they are secondhand from the Russian armed forces and being replaced by the s400.

So Russia has develop a mixture between the s300 and the s400 the s350 is born. the s350 contains a more accurate and faster accelerating missile and longer range radar. this platform does incorporate some elements of the s400. so i could imagine some countries that want the s400 may buy the s350 to familiarise them selfs and can quickly be acclimated to the s400 when available

it is a gap filler between the s300 and the s400 Russia is not exporting the s400 system any time soon (only to china)
and there are a lot of countries that want the s400 system though. but they do not want the s300 which Russia is selling at a very low price as they are secondhand from the Russian armed forces and being replaced by the s400.

So Russia has develop a mixture between the s300 and the s400 the s350 is born. the s350 contains a more accurate and faster accelerating missile and longer range radar. this platform does incorporate some elements of the s400. so i could imagine some countries that want the s400 may buy the s350 to familiarise them selfs and can quickly be acclimated to the s400 when available

The S-350 is essentialy a Russian derative of the Cheolmae-2, a Korean-Russian joint air defence system project. The system is more focused on intercepting missiles, arty shells, bombs and rockets from what i know.

Russian air defence systems even usa air defence cant beat them russia is best when comes to land based air defence

I dont think it is reality no country in world yet fully said i can destroy stealth fighter jet S500 is a name of system which succesfully hit the stealth jet once its licked game over

S300
S350
S400
S500
BUK AIRDEFENCE
TANGUNSKA AIRDEFENCE SYSTEM
PANTISAR ANTI AIRCRAFT GUN

and all these russia sold those whom usa selling 99 percent of weapons when it comes to air defence land based they go to ruusia

EGYPT
UAE
IRAN
IRAQ
INDIA

some systems/missile can only do specific tasks so having specific systems/missile as opposed to multi use system/missile is better as you get the best system/missile. also good for export market as countries have a variety and can choose a system that suits their requirements.

some systems/missile can only do specific tasks so having specific systems/missile as opposed to multi use system/missile is better as you get the best system/missile. also good for export market as countries have a variety and can choose a system that suits their requirements.
You don't suppose it has anything to do with their ability to defend their air space via Air Force aircraft? Think aerial versions of sea control versus sea denial....

sams are far more convenient as compared to jets in terms of cost and speed. and i russia has a huge air force and it does not have any problems defending their airspace. the s350 is just a market filler in my opinion. read my first post on this thread.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom