Rustom II: An exciting opportunity for Honeywell

FOX80

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: India Strategic

drdo-rustom-ii.jpg

From being an eye in the sky to a potent weapon that can significantly affect the outcome of a conflict, UAVs have come to stay in the modern strategic environment of no war and no peace both within the borders and at the borders.Pritam Bhavnani, President, Honeywell Aerospace India spoke with India Strategic on Honeywell’s long standing presence in the UAV arena.

Honeywell is present in which UAV/UAS/UCAV projects in US?

Honeywell has content on a majority of major UAV platforms in use by the United States, and many other military and civil organisations around the world, including the MQ-9 Reaper which is powered by our TPE331-10 engine.

What are the Honeywell components present in them?

As well as propulsion, our technology portfolio across these platforms spans electrical power systems, Auxiliary Power Units, navigation, air thermal systems, fuel controls, pneumatics, wheels and brakes and high integrity controls.

Has the HG1930 Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) upgrade made it compatible to UAVs?

The HG1930, and our small form factor Small Diameter Navigator product, are indeed compatible with UAVs and MAVs.

In India, Honeywell is partnering with DRDO on Rustom II. Can you elaborate on it?

Rustom II is an exciting development in the evolution of India’s defence capabilities. I cannot give any specific details today regarding our involvement with the program however, as with all emerging major platforms, we always look for opportunities to bring our expertise and innovation to improve performance and enhance mission success.

once again we failed to develop even a small turboprop engine.
it highlights where we stand as far as technology is concerned,,,,most of the components will be foreign with mainly body built in india,,pathetic

it highlights where we stand as far as technology is concerned,,,,most of the components will be foreign with mainly body built in india,,pathetic
Where do you read that ^^^ ???

Where do you read that ^^^ ???
can u tell me what we will use from domestic industry??
maybe communication antennas..................everything else will be foreign made either directly or under tot

so in short the chai buiscut organization DODO ..aka DRDO has made chooootiyaaa fo indian tax payer again these buggers were giving us "mithi goli" for almost a decade and not it say that honeywell will supply propultion and control systems for the RUSTOM II i guess then navigation and some other equipment will come from Israel and all DODO will do is screw driver job :hitwall:...........:pissed:

can u tell me what we will use from domestic industry??
maybe communication antennas..................everything else will be foreign made either directly or under tot
Thats not the answer to my question. Please answer what I have asked then you can continue.

so in short the chai buiscut organization DODO ..aka DRDO has made chooootiyaaa fo indian tax payer again these buggers were giving us "mithi goli" for almost a decade and not it say that honeywell will supply propultion and control systems for the RUSTOM II i guess then navigation and some other equipment will come from Israel and all DODO will do is screw driver job :hitwall:...........:pissed:
Just a media interview. More like a PR exercise. And you get hyper ;) ???
If we have to have buy or JV we have better options.
And I think our UAV is going good. Recently we denied Israeli offers for cooperation and we havent asked it to uncle Sam. So looks ok to me.

Thats not the answer to my question. Please answer what I have asked then you can continue.

Just a media interview. More like a PR exercise. And you get hyper ;) ???
If we have to have buy or JV we have better options.
ok i will ask u only one question
where is rustom 1??
the fact of the matter is we have nothing to contribute in field of avionics and propulsion.we can't even make mfd's for fighters!!
so what do u think we will contribute??because i am sure we can't make anything except mission computer,communication equipment and body of drone

Usually I don't agree with anything you have to say, but in this case, I agree.

A thesis group in my uni made a turboprop UAV, what the heck is wrong with these guys.

Usually I don't agree with anything you have to say, but in this case, I agree.

A thesis group in my uni made a turboprop UAV, what the heck is wrong with these guys.
u can critisise my tone but these organisations are looting the taxpayer
what do u expect man.even for making multi function displays we have to team up with elbit??is that ok??
iran has made 3-4 of their own drones with turboprop engines,,,,,,so are we sleeping or what?

even in US the different parts of aircraft are manufacture by different companies. in india even from nut to bolt is manufactured by DRDO. the rustoms all other parts are manufacture by DRDO and only engine is imported. don't criticize drdo for this. india is not that much developed country and we don't have enough money to spend on R&D for an engine. even with huge defense budget china is also importing or copping engines for its air crafts.

ok i will ask u only one question
where is rustom 1??
the fact of the matter is we have nothing to contribute in field of avionics and propulsion.we can't even make mfd's for fighters!!
so what do u think we will contribute??because i am sure we can't make anything except mission computer,communication equipment and body of drone
Well well well are you having trouble answering my question ???
Seriously I am nobody and just asking you from where you get the information you write so confidently. Thats it. Nothing more. Why are you asking me questions. I dont have any info that can help you.

If you have forgot what I have asked is then here it is

Well well well are you having trouble answering my question ???
Seriously I am nobody and just asking you from where you get the information you write so confidently. Thats it. Nothing more. Why are you asking me questions. I dont have any info that can help you.

If you have forgot what I have asked is then here it is
did u read the article??
honeywell will supply the engine!!
and rustom 1 uses either lycoming or npo saturn engines and drdo nishant uses wankel engine that was invented in 1930's

u can critisise my tone but these organisations are looting the taxpayer
what do u expect man.even for making multi function displays we have to team up with elbit??is that ok??
iran has made 3-4 of their own drones with turboprop engines,,,,,,so are we sleeping or what?

I wouldn't count what the Iranians come up with as anything credible. Look towards the West for good examples of technology leadership.

the privatize them if they can't deliver,simple.
its not about money............drdo lacks the skills to develop this stuff
and who told u rest of avionics are indian??

did u read the article??
honeywell will supply the engine!!
and rustom 1 uses either lycoming or npo saturn engines and drdo nishant uses wankel engine that was invented in 1930's
My dear friend I read the full article. And your full comment. All I am asking is
From where you came to the conclusion "we failed to develop even a small turboprop engine."
As there is no such reference in original article.
Thats it. Now just tell me and I wont bother you.

Back
Top Bottom