What's new

Rustom II: An exciting opportunity for Honeywell

man we can say whatever we like but they have 2-3 drones flying and videos are available for all to see
where is our rustom 1??
most probably its a failure as we haven,t heard about their status and continue to buy israeli stuff.

yaar this is a weird question??
if we had a turboprop we would be using it wouldn't we??
can u show me one example??no
secondly we can't even make a petrol engine used in motorcycles ourselves and all are built under tot so u expect us to develop turboprops and turbofans so easily.even the tata nano 625 cc engine has bosch components and what not

secondly we can't even make a petrol engine used in motorcycles ourselves and all are built under tot so u expect us to develop turboprops and turbofans so easily.even the tata nano 625 cc engine has bosch components and what not

shit my browser is fucked up like me
lol

did u read the article??
honeywell will supply the engine!!
and rustom 1 uses either lycoming or npo saturn engines and drdo nishant uses wankel engine that was invented in 1930's
My dear friend I read the full article. And your full comment. All I am asking is
From where you came to the conclusion "we failed to develop even a small turboprop engine."
As there is no such reference in original article.
Thats it. Now just tell me and I wont bother you.
You didnt answer my question.
So should assume you write that from your pocket ???

So it's gonna be a Honeywell UAV?:coffee:

You didnt answer my question.
So should assume you write that from your pocket ???

Your fellow countryman is far more honest than you are。

On behalf of China,I thank god that India has far more “Sergis” than “he-mans”。

Last edited:
So it's gonna be a Honeywell UAV?:coffee:

Your fellow countryman is far more honest than you are。

On behalf of China,I thank god that India has far more “Sergis” than “he-mans”。
Ya right. Suit yourself. Dont qoute me for your comprehension problem. Google translate it.

My dear friend I read the full article. And your full comment. All I am asking is
From where you came to the conclusion "we failed to develop even a small turboprop engine."
As there is no such reference in original article.
Thats it. Now just tell me and I wont bother you.

Haven't we developed LaghuShakti engine for Nirbhay?

Yes we have. But you are asking that question to wrong person. You should ask that to "he-man" he seems to believe/think/assume otherwise.

did u read the article??
honeywell will supply the engine!!
and rustom 1 uses either lycoming or npo saturn engines and drdo nishant uses wankel engine that was invented in 1930's

The Wankel engine is, just like the Otto engine, as concept for an internal combustion engine. Lots of improvement in efiiciency and size have been made on both engine platforms over the years. It wouldn't be right to say the Lycoming engine is 1890's technology, would it?

Honeywell India has a lot of homegrown talent too. Their Technical Services offices in Bangalore are actually full of former GTRE and DRDO scientists! If it's Honeywell India that's developing some sort of an engine for Rustom II, it won't be such a bad thing actually(I am aware that the rights for the engine will still rest with the US multinational).

even in US the different parts of aircraft are manufacture by different companies. in india even from nut to bolt is manufactured by DRDO. the rustoms all other parts are manufacture by DRDO and only engine is imported. don't criticize drdo for this. india is not that much developed country and we don't have enough money to spend on R&D for an engine. even with huge defense budget china is also importing or copping engines for its air crafts.
stop living in dream land brother just go to Pune,chennai , bangalore , ludhiana or delhi , baddi there are many manufaturers who can if given chance can make spaers and even engines if given proper designs and payment on time we wont even need anything from owtside as for DRDO well you might know but there is a thing in DRDO they(people who manage it) give clearence to onli those design which are to be sourced from owtside ( like fastners , seals, die cast metal & composite sctions amng some other items ) that could be manufactured in the private contractors workshops often owned by there kin and relatives and there are many other complication its not as sweet as it looks

they are just making fool of indian tax payers this DRDO should be recuntructed with all the idiots managing it from the last 25-30 years thrown owt

stop living in dream land brother just go to Pune,chennai , bangalore , ludhiana or delhi , baddi there are many manufaturers who can if given chance can make spaers and even engines if given proper designs and payment on time we wont even need anything from owtside as for DRDO well you might know but there is a thing in DRDO they(people who manage it) give clearence to onli those design which are to be sourced from owtside ( like fastners , seals, die cast metal & composite sctions amng some other items ) that could be manufactured in the private contractors workshops often owned by there kin and relatives and there are many other complication its not as sweet as it looks

they are just making fool of indian tax payers this DRDO should be recuntructed with all the idiots managing it from the last 25-30 years thrown owt

Our only hope is now next govt in 2014

Yes we have. But you are asking that question to wrong person. You should ask that to "he-man" he seems to believe/think/assume otherwise.

wow laghu shakti engine for nirbhay is being made in jv with npo saturn,,,,check ur sources pls

i am talking of turboprop emgines for uav's

The Wankel engine is, just like the Otto engine, as concept for an internal combustion engine. Lots of improvement in efiiciency and size have been made on both engine platforms over the years. It wouldn't be right to say the Lycoming engine is 1890's technology, would it?

Honeywell India has a lot of homegrown talent too. Their Technical Services offices in Bangalore are actually full of former GTRE and DRDO scientists! If it's Honeywell India that's developing some sort of an engine for Rustom II, it won't be such a bad thing actually(I am aware that the rights for the engine will still rest with the US multinational).

thats the problem

it is all about the rights man!!

wow laghu shakti engine for nirbhay is being made in jv with npo saturn,,,,check ur sources pls

i am talking of turboprop emgines for uav's
!
As I already told you I know nothing. That's why I was repeatedly asking you from were you get the news of failure ??? But you didn't reply at all.

He doesn't need to read it- it's something he has cooked up to say India hasn't progressed because of Congress

did i say congress??

come to face reality guys we are way behind whether under upa or nda(no diff)

the only turbofan we have produced is this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rJzSuU48py0/T-JycaqLjXI/AAAAAAAABaU/8PPgQmPlntA/s1600/HAL+turbofan.jpg

As I already told you I know nothing. That's why I was repeatedly asking you from were you get the news of failure ??? But you didn't reply at all.

when there is no news at all...................what does it say??

1)kaveri is dead at the moment.........maybe used for aura(maybe)

2)nirbhay engine is not indigenous but under jv with npo saturn(laghu shakti)

3)wankel engine of nishant is unsuitable for high altitudes as it is piston based(something like that)

4)a small engine made by gtr is only for small cruise missiles

5)no turboprop engine produced till date(pls prove me wrong,i will be really happy)

and lastly don't preach others,give proof or keep quiet

laghu shakti is a small turbofan and not a turboprop engine

and its developed in jv with npo saturn

Last edited:
did i say congress??

come to face reality guys we are way behind whether under upa or nda(no diff)

the only turbofan we have produced is this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rJzSuU48py0/T-JycaqLjXI/AAAAAAAABaU/8PPgQmPlntA/s1600/HAL turbofan.jpg

when there is no news at all...................what does it say??

1)kaveri is dead at the moment.........maybe used for aura(maybe)

2)nirbhay engine is not indigenous but under jv with npo saturn(laghu shakti)

3)wankel engine of nishant is unsuitable for high altitudes as it is piston based(something like that)

4)a small engine made by gtr is only for small cruise missiles

5)no turboprop engine produced till date(pls prove me wrong,i will be really happy)

and lastly don't preach others,give proof or keep quiet

laghu shakti is a small turbofan and not a turboprop engine

and its developed in jv with npo saturn

I never knew we were that bad
Only hope is a modi govt,then see reforms in DPSUs & some serious innovation
Your thoughts?
& also will our development.in cryogenic engines help us advance in Other engine tech to

I never knew we were that bad
Only hope is a modi govt,then see reforms in DPSUs & some serious innovation
Your thoughts?
& also will our development.in cryogenic engines help us advance in Other engine tech to

as a matter of fact we are that bad!!

we don't even have a technology or expertise to make a simple airborne pulse doppler radar and world has gone to aesa radar,,,,,,even GaN aesa radars are being built(full 3 generations ahead)

yes i am happy that at least we have made s band aesa in form of drdo aew&c but we need to improve in the avionics

Back
Top Bottom