What's new

Rustam e hind wrestler, the giant of Gujranwala Raheem Baksh Sultaniwala

I have looked at your other posts on this thread which are quite logical and were a good read but I completely disagree with your comment on the modern Kashmiri people looking very fragile. I am not sure if you're referring to the Kashmiris from Kashmir Valley in India or Kashmiris settled in Punjab, Pakistan.
But if you look at the Butt/Kashmiris of Punjab then
The current Wrestling Champion of Pakistan with 2 Commonwealth Golds is Inam Butt
The current best Weightlifter of Pakistan is Muhammad Nooh Butt (Bronze in Commonwealth)
The current best Kabbadi raider after Babbar Gujjar is Heera Butt
All of them are of Kashmiri descent so I am not sure where you got this concept of modern Kashmiris being fragile? I think currently it is the Kashmiris of Gujranwala that are keeping the Punjabi Riwaj of Pehalwani alive.
As for marrying into other ethnicities, It is reported that Gama Pehalwan had a second wife in Gujrat but being from the Kashmiri community what I have felt is that Kashmiris from Gujranwala & also Amritsar (back in the day) are very strict on not marrying outside Kashmiris.
It's just the diet and mindset I believe that has made the difference between Kashmiris from the valley and Punjab. Diet in Punjab is very high in Saturated fat such as Ghee, Paya also Kashmiris from the valley are believed to be very disciplined and non-aggressive individuals which I feel is due to a very heavy sufi influence but you don't see such traits in majority of the Punjabis of Kashmiri descent
Peace!

Just one answer, Inam Butt, Nooh Butt and Heera Butt don't look like Kashmiris from "Kashmir valley" even remotely speaking. If they have Kashmiri ancestry then it is definitely diluted in them. Even in Gujranwala too, there are two types of Kashmiris, the one who look like "slander fragile" looking and "peaceful" like the Kashmiris of Kashmir valley and the other goup "sturdy heavy" looking Kashmiris which are definitely Kashmiris of category one plus mixed with something else most probably either with local punjabis or with people of areas of Kashmir outside of Kashmir valley probably modern Azad Kashmir or even Jammu areas where there is significant concentration of "sturdy" looking people. Also back in the day, a "Kashmiri" settling in Punjab was NOT always supposed to be a "pure Kashmiri" originating "strictly" from "Kashmir valley" but many guys who were from neighboring areas of Kashmir like modern Azad Kashmir and greater Jammu areas who were even slightly mixed with Kashmiris of Kashmir valley also used to identify as full "Kashmiris" in Punjab. Believe it or not, but Kashmiris of Punjab predominantly don't look like the Kashmiris of the valley and there is a reason behind it because most of them have only "diluted Kashmiri" ancestries and some might not have even "any genetic ancestry" from the Kashmiris of the Kashmir valley.

I mean a Kashmiri from Gujranwala strongly believes in "vengeance" and "revenge" which is a trait almost absent from the "Kashmiris" of the Kashmir valley who look to me "peaceful" (basically weak) type of people, probably due to their limited "physical strength" in those fragile looking bodies they carry, compared to the "sturdy" looking "angry" and "not so peaceful" :lol: type of kashmiris of Gujranwala or Lahore areas .

Last edited:
ical and were a good read but I completely disagree with your comment on the modern Kashmiri people looking very fragile. I am not sure if you're referring to the Kashmiris from Kashmir Valley in India or Kashmiris settled in Punja
Just one answer, Inam Butt, Nooh Butt and Heera Butt don't look like Kashmiris from "Kashmir valley" even remotely speaking. If they have Kashmiri ancestry then it is definitely diluted in them. Even in Gujranwala too, there are two types of Kashmiris, the one who look like "slander fragile" looking and "peaceful" like the Kashmiris of Kashmir valley and the other goup "sturdy heavy" looking Kashmiris which are definitely Kashmiris of category one plus mixed with something else most probably either with local punjabis or with people of areas of Kashmir outside of Kashmir valley probably modern Azad Kashmir or even Jammu areas where there is significant concentration of "sturdy" looking people. Also back in the day, a "Kashmiri" settling in Punjab was NOT always supposed to be a "pure Kashmiri" originating "strictly" from "Kashmir valley" but many guys who were from neighboring areas of Kashmir like modern Azad Kashmir and greater Jammu areas who were even slightly mixed with Kashmiris of Kashmir valley also used to identify as full "Kashmiris" in Punjab. Believe it or not, but Kashmiris of Punjab predominantly don't look like the Kashmiris of the valley and there is a reason behind it because most of them have only "diluted Kashmiri" ancestries and some might not have even "any genetic ancestry" from the Kashmiris of the Kashmir valley.

I mean a Kashmiri from Gujranwala strongly believes in "vengeance" and "revenge" which is a trait almost absent from the "Kashmiris" of the Kashmir valley who look to me "peaceful" (basically weak) type of people, probably due to their limited "physical strength" in those fragile looking bodies they carry, compared to the "sturdy" looking "angry" and "not so peaceful" :lol: type of kashmiris of Gujranwala or Lahore areas .

I understand the point that you made. Yes a lot of Kashmiris in Gujranwala believe in the traits that you have mentioned.
To answer you firstly, I think it is a misconception we have that all Kashmiris from the Kashmir Valley are fair skinned and look different to Punjabis but what I have been observing more and more especially from posts coming from IOK over the years of people living there is that a lot of them really just look like normal Punjabis particularly in areas like Srinagar so all these Kashmiris of Punjab you think are diluted might actually not be diluted.
I am from the Kashmiri community of Gujranwala myself and my Dad was brought up in the most badass suburbs of Gujranwala dominated by Kashmiris so what I have seen from them is that they just don’t marry outside their biradari unlike the parey likhey Kashmiris of say Lahore.
As for looking like Kashmiris, well Inam and Heera don’t but then again as I said a lot of Kashmiris from the Valley do not look like the preconceived “Kashmiri” look we have in mind too. Nooh Butt does not look like a Punjabi though. Also Zubair Jhara, Tipu Truckanwala/Chand Pehalwan, Hamza Butt Pehalwan all of these don’t look Punjabi too so Kashmiris can have different looking people among them.
Anyways I respect your points. I don’t think there’s any evidence to back it but who knows you might be true. I am myself puzzled at why there’s such a big difference between the two and how did so diplomatic Kangri Pehalwan Peaceful lads turn into Blunt Short tempered Pehalwans.
Just out of curiosity though, what is your background? Cheers

I understand the point that you made. Yes a lot of Kashmiris in Gujranwala believe in the traits that you have mentioned.
To answer you firstly, I think it is a misconception we have that all Kashmiris from the Kashmir Valley are fair skinned and look different to Punjabis but what I have been observing more and more especially from posts coming from IOK over the years of people living there is that a lot of them really just look like normal Punjabis particularly in areas like Srinagar so all these Kashmiris of Punjab you think are diluted might actually not be diluted.
I am from the Kashmiri community of Gujranwala myself and my Dad was brought up in the most badass suburbs of Gujranwala dominated by Kashmiris so what I have seen from them is that they just don’t marry outside their biradari unlike the parey likhey Kashmiris of say Lahore.
As for looking like Kashmiris, well Inam and Heera don’t but then again as I said a lot of Kashmiris from the Valley do not look like the preconceived “Kashmiri” look we have in mind too. Nooh Butt does not look like a Punjabi though. Also Zubair Jhara, Tipu Truckanwala/Chand Pehalwan, Hamza Butt Pehalwan all of these don’t look Punjabi too so Kashmiris can have different looking people among them.
Anyways I respect your points. I don’t think there’s any evidence to back it but who knows you might be true. I am myself puzzled at why there’s such a big difference between the two and how did so diplomatic Kangri Pehalwan Peaceful lads turn into Blunt Short tempered Pehalwans.
Just out of curiosity though, what is your background? Cheers

This "Kashmiri Butt" from Gujranwala definitely looks like the stereotypical Kashmiris of Kashmir valley,

img_1465323224_56294.jpg

Now this is also "Kashmiri Butt" from Gujranwala, but he definitely doesn't look like a Kashmiri from Kashmir valley, this guy's "kashmiri" ancestry is definitely diluted, he looks to me like any other Gujranwaliya.

Groom-25years-Gujranwala-8218.jpg

There is even a third type of "Kashmiri Butt" also in Gujrawala like this guy,

035286.jpg

This guy's acestors might not have been Kashmiri but rather from areas north of Kashmir, he looks more like someone from northern Pakistan than Kashmir. So in his case his Kashmiri ancestry is diluted with some mixing from the northern Pakistan.

So we see all identify as "Kashmiri" in Gujranwala and probably would "intermarry" too in each other's family due to same "Kashmiri Bradari" not knowing about the "diluted" nature of one another's Kashmiri ancestries.

Last edited:
This "Kashmiri Butt" from Gujranwala definitely looks like the stereotypical Kashmiris of Kashmir valley,

img_1465323224_56294.jpg

Now this is also "Kashmiri Butt" from Gujranwala, but he definitely doesn't look like a Kashmiri from Kashmir valley, this guy's "kashmiri" ancestry is definitely diluted, he looks to me like any other Gujranwaliya.

Groom-25years-Gujranwala-8218.jpg

There is even a third type of "Kashmiri Butt" also in Gujrawala like this guy,

035286.jpg

This guy's acestors might not have been Kashmiri but rather from areas north of Kashmir, he looks more like someone from northern Pakistan than Kashmir. So in his case his Kashmiri ancestry is diluted with some mixing from the northern Pakistan.

So we see all identify as "Kashmiri" in Gujranwala and probably would "intermarry" too in each other's family due to same "Kashmiri Bradari" not knowing about the "diluted" nature of one another's Kashmiri ancestries.

You basically have no evidence to prove anything that you're saying. A lot of Kashmiris from the valley do look just like normal North Indian as I said. I'm from the same community you're talking about mate. Anyways, I initially posted due to your comment that Kashmiris were good pehalwan because maybe they were mixed with other races which I felt was a bit derogatory. Kashmiris have a glorious history before the Mughals came (We established big Kingdoms and even ruled areas of Punjab for a long time, you can read authentic history and you'll know; also we were the last Northern state to be conquered by the Mughals after a long resistance) but yes since then Kashmiris from the Valley don't have much martial characteristics and there are some theories on how this happened. I personally believe it’s the change in diet, surroundings & mentality that has brought about a change in a lot of Kashmiris of Punjab rather than intermixture with other races though I am not denying that it would not have happened at all. Some Kashmiri Butt probably however were not affected by these changes and remained the same (Temper and Strength wise)

Anyways the pictures you shared; even the 1st one looks quite Punjabi to me. Maybe you haven't met many Kashmiris.
These two blokes below are from Gujranwala and look like Kashmiris from the Valley while at the same time they've got Pehalwan like physiques. I can show you so many more but don't want to share pics of people I know

Para Butt Singer (Famous for Butt Da Vair song)
upload_2019-9-4_23-39-30.jpeg

Hamza Butt Pehalwan (Comes on TV often, came on Jeeto Pakistan Gujranwala special)
upload_2019-9-4_23-41-40.jpeg

Peace!

You basically have no evidence to prove anything that you're saying. A lot of Kashmiris from the valley do look just like normal North Indian as I said............
Peace!

Bye bye indian gangu troll, I already thought your ID name looks crazy, sending you to the hell of ignore list where you can party with your so-called "north" and "south" indian gangu bros who all belong there :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Bye bye indian troll, I already thought your ID name looks crazy, sending you to the hell of ignore list where you can party with your so-called "north" and "south" indian bros who all belong there :lol::lol::lol:

Lol very mature man. Just because you lost the debate you start bullshitting around.
North Indians = Punjabis, Haryanvi who more or less just look like Pakistani Punjabis/Potoharis.
Anyways I won’t reply further as there’s no point arguing with you & no I’m not a Indian.

Lol very mature man. Just because you lost the debate you start bullshitting around.
North Indians = Punjabis, Haryanvi who more or less just look like Pakistani Punjabis/Potoharis.
Anyways I won’t reply further as there’s no point arguing with you & no I’m not a Indian.
Oh yes, add Pashtuns and Baloch to the list of North Indians as well.

unknown.png

Bye bye indian gangu troll, I already thought your ID name looks crazy, sending you to the hell of ignore list where you can party with your so-called "north" and "south" indian gangu bros who all belong there :lol::lol::lol:

Gangu teli gone mad. Even in 16th century someone noticed that Kashmiris might have jew origins along with pashtuns. I think it was French traveller.

Its not surprised after few centuries Kashmiris who migrated to punjab also got some other genes. Like the Kashmiris in valley themselves have mixed with people from further north and south of then over the centuries.

Its weird, my cousin friend who is butt from Gujrat/Bhimber have ginger hair and very light skin. But he also have sturdy look unlike Kashmiris in valley who tend to have longer face and sharper features.

Its weird, my cousin friend who is butt from Gujrat/Bhimber have ginger hair and very light skin. But he also have sturdy look unlike Kashmiris in valley who tend to have longer face and sharper features.

I have a feeling that there were geographically "many different" types of Kashmiris throughout the history in the geographic vicinity of the region called Kashmir kingdom in ancient texts and it might not have been restricted only to "Kashmir valley" of today but extended further west towards ancient Gandhara, as both were very closely related kingdoms and allies throughout the history. It is quite possible that more "lighter" skinned sturdy bodied Kashmiris in Punjab could be "indirect" immigrants to Punjab, I mean not directly from Kashmir valley to Punjab but rather from Kashmir valley to some region "X" to Punjab. And these "indirect" Kashmiri immigrants might have mixed with local populations of their "X" regions before arriving in Punjab. I agree with you "Kashmir valley people" at least the current ones are majority "slender" bodied, longer narrower faces and noses. They do have sturdy, broader faced Kashmiris in Kashmir valley but they are currently in minority compared to the slender narrow faced majority there.

Take a look at thsi picture,

kashmir_story_647_071216110313_052717053911.jpg

Other than Sabzar Bhat and Ishfaq Dar, all others have that typical narrow faces that are trademark of Kashmiris in Kashmir valley these days. Only the two guys Sabzar Bhat and Ishfaq Dar have heavier broader faces and are somewhat sturdier (in comparison to the others in the above picture) that are more similar to general "indus valley" populations (Punjabis, Sindhis, Baloch, southern Pashtuns) where broader faces are definitely the majority.

There is however one possibility that most Kashmiris were like Sabzar Bhat and Ishfaq Dar a couple of centuries ago but the major earth quakes, famines and outward migrations in the 19th century (1800s) have caused the drift that we observe among Kashmiris of the Kashmir valley, some documents from 1800s point that during 1800 to 1850 AD the population of Kashmir valley was reduced to 1/4 th of its size before 1800 AD due to a major earth quake, famines and outward migrations during this period, that is a huge drift in terms of population and certain traits might been "lost" considerably among the Kashmiris of the Kashmir valley and the modern inhabitants of Kashmir valley just represents the gene-pool of those 1/4 survived population during 1800 to 1850 AD. Your cousin's friends family might have come to punjab perhaps before 1800 AD. Irrespective of the general BS on internet regarding Kashmiris movement to Punjab, many Kashmir moved to Punjab as early as during 1700s, even an "information board" in front of Allam Iqbal's ancestral home in Sialkot reads that his ancestors moved to Sialkot from Kashmir in 1752 that is well before the "perverted" late 1800s during dogra rule when a lot of Kashmiris migrated to Punjab particularly to Amritsar and Lahore urban settlements.
Here is the picture where the board in front of Iqbal ancestral house in Sialkot reads that his family came from Kashmir to Sialkot city in 1752, that is a good century before his birth in 1877.
iqbal.JPG

As the case of Raheem Bakhsh and Allama Iqbal families show that many Kashmiris in Sailkot, Gujranwala, Gujrat and Rawalpindi have been some of the earliest immigrants from Kashmir to Punjab with many migrating even before 1800s. I once read a Kashmiri khawaja Lone guy from Wah area of northern punjab who disclosed that he has written record of his family migration from Kashmir valley to Wah area around 1769 during Afghan durrani rule in Kashmir. So a lot of "facts" have got burried under the dust due to political instabilites and turmoil in Kashmir valley from 1800 onwards. These are all speculations but in the absence of concrete data/facts the only thing one is left with is speculation.

Last edited:
A lot of bullshit and speculation from so called experts on this thread, based on what people looked like. The thread is about a wrestler and one comment about the fact that wrestling was dominated by kashmiris in a certain period has led to kashmiri geneologist experts mushrooming out of nowhere. Makes no difference but people talk of Jamaican sprinters or Pakistani squash players or even Romanian Gymnasts as these races have excelled in a particular sport, its not a superiority issue and those who have said that in this thread are deeply insecure.

Kashmiris like other peoples have sub sects within the overall branches hence why the difference in looks. There are countless sects such as Butt, Lone, Dar, Mir, Wani, Mantoo, Khwaja, Kak, Tartrin etc etc hence the difference from people to people. I think the least diluted race in subcontinent is Kashmiris due to the fact that the terrain is unforgiving and mountain locked from 3 out of 4 sides.

Earthquakes, Famines, despotic rulers have forced migration to across north subcontinet and of course diet and climate will play a part and im sure inter caste marriage may play a part but by and large that is extremely low as kashmiris largely do not marry outside of caste like a lot of other north subcontinent tribes.

Its not a racially superiority contest but just an observation. Some people on here need to put aside their inherent bias and prejudices and move on, if they had a bad experience with a particular person be it kashmiri or anyone else then do not tar an entire race with the same brush .....get over it.

I have a feeling that there were geographically "many different" types of Kashmiris throughout the history in the geographic vicinity of the region called Kashmir kingdom in ancient texts and it might not have been restricted only to "Kashmir valley" of today but extended further west towards ancient Gandhara, as both were very closely related kingdoms and allies throughout the history. It is quite possible that more "lighter" skinned sturdy bodied Kashmiris in Punjab could be "indirect" immigrants to Punjab, I mean not directly from Kashmir valley to Punjab but rather from Kashmir valley to some region "X" to Punjab. And these "indirect" Kashmiri immigrants might have mixed with local populations of their "X" regions before arriving in Punjab. I agree with you "Kashmir valley people" at least the current ones are majority "slender" bodied, longer narrower faces and noses. They do have sturdy, broader faced Kashmiris in Kashmir valley but they are currently in minority compared to the slender narrow faced majority there.

Take a look at thsi picture,

kashmir_story_647_071216110313_052717053911.jpg

Other than Sabzar Bhat and Ishfaq Dar, all others have that typical narrow faces that are trademark of Kashmiris in Kashmir valley these days. Only the two guys Sabzar Bhat and Ishfaq Dar have heavier broader faces and are somewhat sturdier (in comparison to the others in the above picture) that are more similar to general "indus valley" populations (Punjabis, Sindhis, Baloch, southern Pashtuns) where broader faces are definitely the majority.

There is however one possibility that most Kashmiris were like Sabzar Bhat and Ishfaq Dar a couple of centuries ago but the major earth quakes, famines and outward migrations in the 19th century (1800s) have caused the drift that we observe among Kashmiris of the Kashmir valley, some documents from 1800s point that during 1800 to 1850 AD the population of Kashmir valley was reduced to 1/4 th of its size before 1800 AD due to a major earth quake, famines and outward migrations during this period, that is a huge drift in terms of population and certain traits might been "lost" considerably among the Kashmiris of the Kashmir valley and the modern inhabitants of Kashmir valley just represents the gene-pool of those 1/4 survived population during 1800 to 1850 AD. Your cousin's friends family might have come to punjab perhaps before 1800 AD. Irrespective of the general BS on internet regarding Kashmiris movement to Punjab, many Kashmir moved to Punjab as early as during 1700s, even an "information board" in front of Allam Iqbal's ancestral home in Sialkot reads that his ancestors moved to Sialkot from Kashmir in 1752 that is well before the "perverted" late 1800s during dogra rule when a lot of Kashmiris migrated to Punjab particularly to Amritsar and Lahore urban settlements.
Here is the picture where the board in front of Iqbal ancestral house in Sialkot reads that his family came from Kashmir to Sialkot city in 1752, that is a good century before his birth in 1877.
View attachment 578742

As the case of Raheem Bakhsh and Allama Iqbal families show that many Kashmiris in Sailkot, Gujranwala, Gujrat and Rawalpindi have been some of the earliest immigrants from Kashmir to Punjab with many migrating even before 1800s. I once read a Kashmiri khawaja Lone guy from Wah area of northern punjab who disclosed that he has written record of his family migration from Kashmir valley to Wah area around 1769 during Afghan durrani rule in Kashmir. So a lot of "facts" have got burried under the dust due to political instabilites and turmoil in Kashmir valley from 1800 onwards. These are all speculations but in the absence of concrete data/facts the only thing one is left with is speculation.

I live in the UK and I'll tell you Punjabis of Lahore who settle in London are small to medium just like Indian people. Pashtuns are a bit bigger but most Pashtuns are average size similar to Middle Eastern people like Iranians and Turks here. Then you have the Mirpuri Gujjars and Bhain Rajputs in Alum Rock and Bradford who are as big as the Jamaican guys in my town. Even in MMA clubs they're generally in the middle to heavyweight divisions

Look at Zubair Khan, he doesn't understand the rules but fights like a animal in the ring. He is a Mirpuri Gujjar.

Solid-Impact-Operation-Takeover-poster (2).jpg

Another AJK guy is Zack Khan from Britain

Even professional bodybuilders say he is gifted with a great back.

Zack-Khan.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom