What's new

Russia's 5G fighter to be '3 times cheaper than foreign analogs'

I doubt the J-XX in its original version will be better. Eventually with more experience in the military aviation field, China will make a better J-XX. That is unless we have 'obtained' F-22 designs ;) ;)

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

that they steal ur every design

lol umad brah?

14ugzd3.jpg

The latest Russian fighters such as SU-35bm are around 60+ million, so i doubt the pak-fa is going to be cheaper than say $80-$100 million, so buy using those numbers the J-XX will be $40-50 million dollars? When speaking in the context of quality i'm not going to mark your words.

What is proved in history?

Is that a joke? Chinese making better fighter than Russia? :taz:

Their most recent fighters J-11 and J-10 have got huge Russian helps and ToT. They have recently designed an engine that also said to be a copy of Al-31F. While Russia and US with their decades of experience and advance technology are still finding it difficult to make a fully capable fifth gen fighter. China may develop a fighter and label it as fifth gen but that doesn't mean it will be fifth gen. They have to go long way with stealth, advanced aerodynamics, engine, avionics, weapons etc.

Come to the reality. :) Let China develop a fully capable 4th+ fighter first.

Is that a joke? Chinese making better fighter than Russia? :taz:

Their most recent fighters J-11 and J-10 have got huge Russian helps and ToT. They have recently designed an engine that also said to be a copy of Al-31F. While Russia and US with their decades of experience and advance technology are still finding it difficult to make a fully capable fifth gen fighter. China may develop a fighter and label it as fifth gen but that doesn't mean it will be fifth gen. They have to go long way with stealth, advanced aerodynamics, engine, avionics, weapons etc.

Come to the reality. :) Let China develop a fully capable 4th+ fighter first.

How is Russia and the U.S. finding it difficult to produce a fully capable 5th gen fighter ? U.S. has the F-22 and Russia has the PAK-FA. Unless your referring to the F-35. Which is still above the Eurofighter in all respects but maneuverability which won't come into play anyway if it faced it. Or any 4/4.5 gen aircraft.

I do agree though the Chinese are far behind.

Why are Russian PMs so awesome ?

In terms of leaders.
Putin is an aberration.
The previous 2 sucked. Gorby was stubborn like a North Korean and went Glasnost before Perestroika. Yeltsin did only one good thing, put Putin on the map. And the current president, while I think everyone wants Putin back...

How is Russia and the U.S. finding it difficult to produce a fully capable 5th gen fighter ? U.S. has the F-22 and Russia has the PAK-FA. Unless your referring to the F-35. Which is still above the Eurofighter in all respects but maneuverability which won't come into play anyway if it faced it. Or any 4/4.5 gen aircraft.

I do agree though the Chinese are far behind.
See building a fifth gen fighter is based on two things.

Technology and affordability.

The US and Russia made a fifth gen fighter, but one traded off cost and the later traded off some abilities to save cost and mass produce the same...
For US it doesnt matter if you have a 5th Gen plane which can generate only few sortie a day. a fighter is a effective when it gives both.

so even if chineese happen to make one they can make one, but its difficult to say what they have planned to "trade off" and how close or far those "trade offs" are from 5th Gen tech.

Russia still struggling with a new power plant for PAKFA, several other issues like Engine nozzles and engine fan stealth. US is struggling to fit IRST and make a similar fighter for navy like F22B/C, how can you say China will not have major issues in making one???...

Why are Russian PMs so awesome ?

Bull's eye.

Russian leaders (especially Putin) are very charismatic and have a tremendous personality.

I have great admiration for them.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom