What's new

Russian Warships Enter Syrian Waters To Prevent NATO Attack

Are you saying that the 'warships' are there for just for the show then? Is Russian economy better enough to put Russia's neck out for an Arab country.
The whole warship thread is a false-hope for Syria. It is not a question of guts or economy. Russia was always powerful enough to militarily confront NATO if its vital interests were at stake--yes, even during the 90's.

But Yeltsin was the Russian president at the time. He was a Western lackey.

Perhaps you should read the context of my reply to 500, 500 basically claimed that Russia does not have the guts to face NATO when history proves othwise. And what about the losing side? Korea was a stalemate. How does Russia shooting down NATO aircraft snooping around its borders corrilate to a 'loosing side'? When Russia sent troops to protect strategic locations in Egypt it did not have a crystal ball, nor did it matter to the Soviet Union if Egypt won or lost, the only thing that was important was that the Soviet Union protected its interests.

And what is your point? The Soviet Union/Russia faced NATO before. Russia isn't stupid, did you expect Russia to openly start boming NATO in this day and age?

Even if Russia wanted to confront NATO it had zero money. 1999 was the fanancial crisis, the military had no money at the time.

Guess you still live in the 80'es. There is no Soviet Union today and Russia can't do a thing about Syria if NATO decides to act.

As for the Assad lover boy. Assad's end will undoubtedly be the same as either Gaddafi or Mubarak, he should chose wisely and end like Mubarak.
And seriously, what is the difference between Wahabi freaks and Assad? Both murder civilians in the name of their cause.

But Yeltsin was the Russian president at the time. He was a Western lackey.

And russia was fighting in the second chechen war during 1999.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Guess you still live in the 80'es. There is no Soviet Union today and Russia can't do a thing about Syria if NATO decides to act.

As for the Assad lover boy. Assad's end will undoubtedly be the same as either Gaddafi or Mubarak, he should chose wisely and end like Mubarak.
And seriously, what is the difference between Wahabi freaks and Assad? Both murder civilians in the name of their cause.

what can NATO do without the UN approved mandate ? if NATO attacks without any approval you can be sure that there will be a strong response.
Wahabi's kill out of religion we kill the islamists radicals that the difference.

Just like Mighty NATO couldn't do jack when Russia was bombing their ally Georgia into the stone age.:pop:

Why Russia didn't help its Taliban friend- (sacrasm)

I mean, why not same thing to Libya and others ??? What make you to help Syria this time?

Turkey is no USA and cannot defeat us that easily like the USA defeat Iraq, if saddam had WMD he would have used them as a last resort we have WMD and will use them as a last resort. your entire southern region will be destroyed your economy will be damaged you will receive suicide bombers and support for PKK will go off the chart now, and finally the biggest losers of this will be muslims again for the body count.

Assad and Gaddafi are different situtation and NATO intervening is unlikely if someone intervenes then it will be turkey, rebels kept advancing because gaddafi army was weak, no point in leaving if Syria ends up like Iraq, We have 10x the military gaddafi did and could recuit up 10,000 in a week in syria in times of war a draft is placed, and as a last resort we have chemical weapons which we will use if we have no other option.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

This is typical coming from a turk you take war as a joke this is no joke understand that.

syrian war records, top imams, suicide bombers, destroying istanbul is not a joke but I am taking war as a joke? forget about destroying anything or victory I doubt syria knows what is a war! have you ever had something close enough to a war? I mean which lasts longer than a few days? :lol:

Just like Mighty NATO couldn't do jack when Russia was bombing their ally Georgia into ruble.:pop:

How right you are not to mention russia was fighting the chechen wars in the 90's it could not help serbia then.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

syrian war records, top imams, suicide bombers, destroying istanbul is not a joke but I am taking war as a joke? forget about destroying anything or victory I doubt syria know what is a war! have you ever had something close enough to a war? I mean which lasts longer than a few days? :lol:

Again you take war as a joke however you will see in time.

Are you saying that the 'warships' are there for just for the show then? Is Russian economy better enough to put Russia's neck out for an Arab country.
The whole warship thread is a false-hope for Syria. It is not a question of guts or economy. Russia was always powerful enough to militarily confront NATO if its vital interests were at stake--yes, even during the 90's.

The Russian warships including Naval fighters are a warning to outsiders to stay out and mind their own bisinuss. Just like Russia knew to stay out Serbia. And you have it wrong Russia and esspecially the Russian military was broke in 1999, thus it was in no position to do anyhthing besides deploy piece keepers. Today, however, Russia has money, heck they offered Europe 10 billion dollars, so yes they can put out their necks for Arab countries.

Turkey is no USA and cannot defeat us that easily like the USA defeat Iraq, if saddam had WMD he would have used them as a last resort we have WMD and will use them as a last resort. your entire southern region will be destroyed your economy will be damaged you will receive suicide bombers and support for PKK will go off the chart now, and finally the biggest losers of this will be muslims again for the body count.
turkey is more open and secular then syria is. how will it be a muslim defeat if you decide to nuke turkey? and where the hell did you bring up nukes from? syria doesnt possess any nukes. Israel destroyed your nuclear reactor

And russia was fighting in the second chechen war during 1999.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

what can NATO do without the UN approved mandate ? if NATO attacks without any approval you can be sure that there will be a strong response.
Wahabi's kill out of religion we kill the islamists radicals that the difference.

NATO invaded Kosovo and Bosnia without UN approval. Did anybody ever try to stop them physically? Do you think Russia would risk to get on the wrong feet with EU because of Assads stupidity? Everybody in the world knows that Assad is illegimately murdering his own people because they they are tired of his illegitimate dictatorship. Once Assad gets toppled i can assure you there wont be many Assad supporters left. Before Gaddafi was brought down, supposedly more than half of Libya supported him, where are they today?

turkey is more open and secular then syria is. how will it be a muslim defeat if you decide to nuke turkey? and where the hell did you bring up nukes from? syria doesnt possess any nukes. Israel destroyed your nuclear reactor

Now your going for secularism, we more secular then most arab states, we have no nukes however Deadly chemical and biological weapons.

So what is the difference between Turkey killing Kurds and the situation in Syria?

Well it's not the same because PKK doesnt mean ''Kurds''! Marxist PKK doesnt represent Kurds! i'm half Kurdish btw and my family are more nationalistic then most Turks..And for your info Kurdish masses voted for Erdogan not the BDP which is a pro PKK political party.

NATO invaded Kosovo and Bosnia without UN approval. Did anybody ever try to stop them physically? Do you think Russia would risk to get on the wrong feet with EU because of Assads stupidity? Everybody in the world knows that Assad is illegimately murdering his own people because they they are tired of his illegitimate dictatorship. Once Assad gets toppled i can assure you there wont be many Assad supporters left. Before Gaddafi was brought down, supposedly more than half of Libya supported him, where are they today?

Gaddafi had no allies like i've said Syria has Lebanon, Iran, Iraq, Hezbollah and remember that was during the 90's now when both russia and china were weak it's a different story today to much interests in syria to fall.

Back
Top Bottom