What's new

Russian satellite Kosmos-1220 to crash to Earth today with ‘very real danger’ to populated areas

Yeh koi doosra baccha hai....lagta hai yeh pichle bacche ko aakhon se hee balatkar karte hue dekh raha hai.:D

These Bimaru kids start so early these days.:oops:
hahaha....
and you come to bimaru corner to learn how they start early.......:D:D

btw...what happened to your avatar......who is this greeny fellow.....:D:D

kaha ke...netaji...wahi to puch raha hu......:D

Yeh Karunanidhi ka dwitiya Putr, Alagiri hai. Lekin Q-tiyapa me ye Adwitiya hai. :D
mk-alagiri.jpg

you must be joking....

Small objects frequently collide with Earth. There is an inverse relationship between the size of the object and the frequency that such objects hit Earth.
The energy released by an impactor depends on diameter, density, velocity, and angle. The density is generally assumed because the diameter and mass are also generally estimates. The minimum impact velocity on Earth is 11 km/s with asteroid impacts averaging around 17 km/s.
Joking? Nope! Space junk — mostly satellites and rocket stages or fragmentstypically travels at about 28,000 km/h shortly before re-entry at about 120 kms above the earth. It starts to slow down and heat up in the dense atmosphere. According to ESA, in the last 10 minutes, it hits a traveling speed roughly equal to that of a Formula One racing car —between 200 km/h to 300 km/h.

And remember, this type of satellite debris is in LEO, not asteroids coming in from deep space at tremendous velocities.

And that's what I said - 100 m/s! :azn:

Joking? Nope! Space junk — mostly satellites and rocket stages or fragmentstypically travels at about 28,000 km/h shortly before re-entry at about 120 kms above the earth. It starts to slow down and heat up in the dense atmosphere. According to ESA, in the last 10 minutes, it hits a traveling speed roughly equal to that of a Formula One racing car —between 200 km/h to 300 km/h.

And remember, this type of satellite debris is in LEO, not asteroids coming in from deep space at tremendous velocities.

And that's what I said - 100 m/s!
and your source.....for this..

and your source.....for this..
Dem! I generally don't fudge figures! Here's the link. You can find a hundred more on Google too. Excerpt first with the link below.....

HOW FAST ARE WE TALKING?

Space junk — mostly satellites and rocket stages or fragments — typically travels at about 28,000 km/h shortly before re-entry at about 120 kms above the earth, according to ESA. It starts to slow down and heat up in the dense atmosphere. In the last 10 minutes, it hits a traveling speed roughly equal to that of a Formula One racing car —between 200 km/h to 300 km/h.

Satellite fragments latest "space junk" to hit Earth

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom