What's new

Russian pilot Alexander Rutskoy in Afghan war and subsequently being shot by PAF.

As per my info, the officer in the video is not the one we are talking about, despite having the same name.

Apart from that...
It's been almost 32 years since that engagement happened, he was a Flt Lt back then... Must be having maybe atleast 6 years of service being a F16 pilot of that time....
Which means he must be having almost 40 years of service... .... And then still an Air Commodore...
Our present air chief joined PAF in 1983.

Moreover, the old interview of the officer who downed Soviet aircraft is available somewhere on the internet..... The faces don't match either.

Of course I might be wrong.

Moreover, didn't get your last remark regarding me... Yes yes sir adjutants like me.... If you can please elaborate.

Dear....
I didn't mention anywhere that KM, the one I'm referring to, was the DG of the program.

Moreover , I don't know why it seems strange to you for an officer to retire that early.

@Knuckles @airomerix are better informed on this...... Do please confirm info in the previous posts .... Would be grateful.

I believe he is the one (Khalid Mehmood) who downed Soviet aircraft in 1988...

As per my info, the officer in the video is not the one we are talking about, despite having the same name.

Apart from that...
It's been almost 32 years since that engagement happened, he was a Flt Lt back then... Must be having maybe atleast 6 years of service being a F16 pilot of that time....
Which means he must be having almost 40 years of service... .... And then still an Air Commodore...
Our present air chief joined PAF in 1983.

Moreover, the old interview of the officer who downed Soviet aircraft is available somewhere on the internet..... The faces don't match either.

Of course I might be wrong.

Moreover, didn't get your last remark regarding me... Yes yes sir adjutants like me.... If you can please elaborate.

Dear....
I didn't mention anywhere that KM, the one I'm referring to, was the DG of the program.

Moreover , I don't know why it seems strange to you for an officer to retire that early.

@Knuckles @airomerix are better informed on this...... Do please confirm info in the previous posts .... Would be grateful.

The KM he is referring to was also an F.16 pilot who later on shifted to JF.17's and is presently base commander Paf Bholari.
The one who shot down the Afghan aircraft retired long ago as an Air commodore.

Regarding Hamid Qadri's Su.22 gun kill,it is unconfirmed as he damaged the aircraft but did not see it going down. Later on the Soviets also confirmed 1 aircraft shot down.

One of the MiG.23MLD that KM fired at did a crash landing and was a write off.

Athar Bukhari had more than 1000 hours on the F.16 and retired as an AVM and afterwards used to be our Ambassador to Syria.

The KM he is referring to was also an F.16 pilot who later on shifted to JF.17's and is presently base commander Paf Bholari.

Regarding Hamid Qadri's Su.22 gun kill,it is unconfirmed as he damaged the aircraft but did not see it going down. Later on the Soviets also confirmed 1 aircraft shot down.

Athar Bukhari had more than 1000 hours on the F.16 and retired as an AVM and afterwards used to be our Ambassador to Syria.

Dear, thanks for the information.

Last edited:
F16 AA kills...total approx 75 todate (not including Swift Retort)

No-Fly Zones (USA) 2
Bosnia (USA) 4
Kosovo (USA) 1
Kosovo (Netherlands) 1
Syrian border clashes 1979-1986 (Israel) 6
Lebanon War (1982) (Israel) 44
Lebanon War (2006) (Israel) 3
Soviet-Afghan War (Pakistan) 10
Aegean Sea clashes (Turkey) 1
Venezuelan Coup 1992 (Venezuela) 3
an addition...2014/15 russian SU 24 kill by turkish F 16

@truthseeker2010

Last edited:
Common sense not so Common........The Average career Fighter pilot will last 15 years and at max 20 years.

After that they are Assigned/pushed towards Training/Education and/or Desk job.

Base commander's Fly very little and probably are couple of Flights Away from Retiring from Fighter Flying duties.

1988 means KM would have started a minimum of 10 years ago so 1978= Simple Math 1978 + 3 years of Training = 1981, 1981 + 20 = 2001 (a very believable assumption that KM retired from fighter flying) + 10 years of desk job which equates to 33 years of service in the Air-force.

The average modern day PAF Air chief Service tenure is 37 years (minimum being 35 (Rao Qamar Sulieman) Maximum being 40 (Sohail Aman) now for KM to be serving till date will mean that he has 43 years of service which is unheard of in the Air force because it is a highly stressful job and Fighter Flying is highly stress full for your body.

Average Modern day PAF Air chief Retirement age is 55.5 years

For KM to be serving as a 1 star general is impossible because if you do not pass the exams and meet the criteria after you have been appointed to desk job than they have no need for you and if you cannot pass your promotion exams after 20 years of fighter flying than the air force has no need for you. THEY HAVE MANY PEOPLE IN THE PIPE LINE

For KM to be still serving a service tenure of 43 years and counting he must have been enlisted in the PAF when he would have been 12.5 years of age.

What have we become ?

Where did you get this table from?

I made this for Pakdef when I was in the university. Looking at it for the first time after so many years !
don't remember where i got it from ... but if was a accurate table and someone had put the effort into it ... If it is made by you than my respect goes to you as well

No-Fly Zones (USA) 2
Bosnia (USA) 4
Kosovo (USA) 1
Kosovo (Netherlands) 1
Thank you. Very informative.
Regards

No-Fly Zones (USA) 2
Bosnia (USA) 4
Kosovo (USA) 1
Kosovo (Netherlands) 1

So after Israel, Pakistan has the most kills with the F-16? No wonder the PAF is so much in love with this bird while the Indians are utterly scared. An F-16 in the right hands is unmatchable and has kept the peace in South Asia for decades.

2 kills, both captured on HUD. One missile missed, one confirmed hit and one confirmed guns kill

No-Fly Zones (USA) 2
Bosnia (USA) 4
Kosovo (USA) 1
Kosovo (Netherlands) 1
Turkey has some kills. More than 1 I think. Pakistan has 8.

No-Fly Zones (USA) 2
Bosnia (USA) 4
Kosovo (USA) 1
Kosovo (Netherlands) 1
Swift Retort. The way the Viper repositioned for the MiG-21 was something from what I heard. Hopefully one day more info comes out, but can say this, it clearly showed the enthusiasm of any fighter pilot who is passionate in his job.

Swift Retort. The way the Viper repositioned for the MiG-21 was something from what I heard. Hopefully one day more info comes out, but can say this, it clearly showed the enthusiasm of any fighter pilot who is passionate in his job.

It was a standard routine intercept as per PAF standards from what i have heard.

Indians tried being cheeky and thought we didn't know of their strategy of flying the smaller MIG21 low and ambush PAF's fighters. But they forgot how extensive's PAF's C4I system is and PAF had a complete picture of the battlefield. They knew exactly where each and every fighter was, and what was their trajectory.I am sure Nauman must have been smirking at how clearly he could see the MIG21 before he let loose his AMRAAM.

I would say the JF17's were the ones who aggressively maneuvered their jets and immediately re-positioned themselves to lock on the Mirage 2000's.

It was a standard routine intercept as per PAF standards from what i have heard.

Indians tried being cheeky and thought we didn't know of their strategy of flying the smaller MIG21 low and ambush PAF's fighters. But they forgot how extensive's PAF's C4I system is and PAF had a complete picture of the battlefield. They knew exactly where each and every fighter was, and what was their trajectory.I am sure Nauman must have been smirking at how clearly he could see the MIG21 before he let loose his AMRAAM.

I would say the JF17's were the ones who aggressively maneuvered their jets and immediately re-positioned themselves to lock on the Mirage 2000's.
The move that Nauman pulled to reposition for interception, was very much what the F-16 was built for, performance and maneuverability. That's all I can say for now, but he indeed would have been anticipating prior to calling FOX 3.

Also they were hearing everything on their radios.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom