What's new

Russian Phazotron-NIIR Corp. ready to develop a new advanced radar jointly with India

Yup du,i agree with you.....if aesa is not attached with mrca this is a win-win situation for us!......but if it is attached with mrca,well we go to the same old tracks back again!

As i see Indian air force is going in right direction. Lots of thing going on. I am worried about Indian navy, can anyone tale me this radar tech will help in navy in any way, like this tech u can put on some of old vessel or new one with some modifications.

Another things now India should go for some navy based fighter in mmrca, cause air force will be getting pakfa, lca, mca more mki....

no lila ,

in reality we dont really have big naval enemy against us currently , our navy is probably stronger than any other force of ours .

we do need -a mrca contender which - can support navy too, but it cant be dedicated to navy itself.

for navy we have a good series of LCA coming in action as navy ordered some.

btw: today's news/

Indian Navy has okay-ed the placement of an order for six Naval Tejas Light Combat Aircrafts (N-LCA). At an approximate cost of Rs 150 crore per aircraft, this will provide a Rs 900 crore infusion into the Naval LCA programme.

That investment in the Tejas programme is rooted in the navy's plan to operate both light and medium fighters off its aircraft carriers.

The Naval LCA will supplement the heavier Russian MiG-29K, which has already been ordered from Russia. The Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC), being built at Cochin Shipyard, Kochi, has been designed with a separate aircraft lift and maintenance facilities for the LCA, in addition to facilities for the MiG-29K. That has linked the development of the Naval LCA with the construction of the IAC, which is expected to join the fleet by 2014.

But the LCA programme faces a bottleneck in choosing a new engine. Two uprated engines -- the General Electric GE-414 and the Eurojet EJ-200 -- are currently being evaluated, but will be supplied only by 2013-14. And only with the new engine will the LCA have the power to get airborne from an aircraft carrier.

P S Subramaniam, the Director of the Aeronautical Development Agency, which coordinates the LCA programme, explains: "We will fly the Naval LCA with the current GE-404 engine to test its flight characteristics, and whether its structural strength is sufficient for aircraft carrier operations. After the LCA is fitted with a new, more powerful engine we will take the next step of operating from an aircraft carrier."

Meanwhile, a major shore-based test facility is coming up at INS Hansa, in Goa, which replicates an aircraft carrier deck on ground, complete with arrested recovery and a ski jump for take off. This facility, which is expected to be operational by October 2011, will be used for certifying the Naval LCA before actually flying off an aircraft carrier. This will also be used for pilots’ training and for training maintenance crews.
http://www.india-defence.com/reports/4480

Last edited:
Its off topic, but do you think LCA is a good aircraft, If yes then u can compare it with which plane. i mean almost equal in power. F16, F15 or Mig 21...?

if - we can get a know how of - aesa radar and add aesa in tejas .
i would compare it to any fighter - Rafael , f-16 block -60, f-18 , EF-etc.

currently i - will compare - lca ( if it become good enough to be in induction ) - to

J-10, SAAB grippen etc.

Well, it's quite obvious we'll choose the Mig. At least if our Ministry of Defence babus have any sense, they'll choose the Mig-35. We don't want to be dependent on US laws.

dam The MMRCA is really heating up.
IAF has been offered everything but the f-22.
(lockheed martin did offer the F-35 when its completed).
Just when you thought the Russians were out they came back with this.
Normally the best plane to get would have been the Rafael,
But will all these contenders offering all these addons.

EF offers partnership.
F-16/F/A- 18 SH - could mean the start of a new streategic partnership.access to the advanced US gear(f-35) etc
Mig-35 offering JV on future projects. as well as commonality with most of the IAF fighter force.

how will this end?

dam The MMRCA is really heating up.
IAF has been offered everything but the f-22.
(lockheed martin did offer the F-35 when its completed).
Just when you thought the Russians were out they came back with this.
Normally the best plane to get would have been the Rafael,
But will all these contenders offering all these addons.

EF offers partnership.
F-16/F/A- 18 SH - could mean the start of a new streategic partnership.access to the advanced US gear(f-35) etc
Mig-35 offering JV on future projects. as well as commonality with most of the IAF fighter force.

how will this end?

Is america offering full Tot with F 16 and f18 sh?

No the US firm says that they will give limited techs as far as their Senate allow them to share..In short we will get some plane off the shelf and rest in knock knock down kits to assemble here..i would say its either be Rafael or Typhoon and replace MIG 29 with MIG 35

Back
Top Bottom