What's new

Russian fighter jets intercept U.S. F-22 Raptor flying over Syria

First aircraft emerged in 1903.
First radar emerged in 1935.

Do the math.

They could have made a stealth plane soon after 1935 if it were possible. It isn't possible. You can reduce RCS, but you can't make an object invisible to radar. It's simple physics. F-22 having the radar signature of an insect is a lie. It's only for conning the DoD for more money. If it were true they would prove that in public. They can't. Means it is FAKE.

Duh shit. F-22 is 43,000 lb of metal + pilot + fuel = huge radar signature.
Oh no man. Its invisible. Don't you know ? That's what stealth is. Its achieving invisibility. Just joking.

But that's what most ppl, especially USA stronks think. They think that the F-22 is invisible to radar (stealth) and the su 57 has X Y or Z not like the F-22, therefore its not invisible and not stealth. Like a 4th gen.

The truth obviously is, that stealth means making an object appear as small as it can relative to the size that it is.

When a Russian plane downs an American plane, only then I will believe it. So far, it has been Russians which are on receiving end when it comes to air combat.
Oh really. Try telling that to the Israeli pilots of the F-16i that was lost in Syria. And its sidekick F-15 that was confirmed hit.

Or the F-15 that was hit by Houthis in Yemen.

Attachments

• rogoway1.1.png
    rogoway1.1.png
    556.7 KB · Views: 229
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no man. Its invisible. Don't you know ? That's what stealth is. Its achieving invisibility. Just joking.

But that's what most ppl, especially USA stronks think. They think that the F-22 is invisible to radar (stealth) and the su 57 has X Y or Z not like the F-22, therefore its not invisible and not stealth. Like a 4th gen.

The truth obviously is, that stealth means making an object appear as small as it can relative to the size that it is.
nothing can totally hide from electromagnetic waves but reduce RCS, US not claiming that F-22 is invisible to radar but you're just assuming stronk @Frostbite :hitwall::crazy::hitwall::crazy::hitwall: It has a reduce RCS which means opponent can see F-22 lot later on the sensors ( radar, IR RWR and on electro optical senors) , for example if F-16/F-15 detected 120-150 km range than F-22 can detect more than half of this range but its too late for enemy to react, F-22 fires it BVR to target and game finished for the enemy @Frostbite :p::P;):enjoy:

look at your Beloved Su-57 it has less RCS reduction features than F-22,

1) it has engine fan blade exposed to radar with increased RCS from front @Frostbite :p:;):enjoy:

2) it has IRST in front which also gives the extra radar return @Frostbite :p:;):enjoy:

3) it has a cockpit bracing which also increases radar return @Frostbite :p:;):enjoy:

4) it has a LEVCON which gives extra surface to radar @Frostbite :p:;):enjoy:

5) Engine is totally expose to radar, IR sensors because it has no LOAN type nozzle that is on F-22 that reduces IR signature from behind @Frostbite :p:;):enjoy:

Your picture shows that Su-35 capture this image when F-22 was within the range of visual range of Su-35, if there was fight between F-22 and Su-35 within visual range your beloved Su-35 had been long gone because F-22 can detect Su-35 earlier and destroyed Su-35 before @Frostbite :p:;):enjoy:

who got banned ?
You close friend @undertakerwwefan @Frostbite :lol:;):enjoy:

Could it be that the F22 was flying with one of those reflectors (I am forgetting the name of it) that increases RCS of an a/c and hence the Russians knew all along where it was because I have a hard time believing that Su35 was tracking F22 and F22 had no idea about the Su35 was or it knew where the Su was but didn't do nothing.

From the article:
"A single Block III Super Hornet equipped with a Block II IRST would be able to detect and track a low observable enemy aircraft such a J-20 or Su-57 at extended ranges. However, that lone Block III jet would not be able to generate a weapons quality track on that enemy stealth aircraft because an infrared sensor cannot independently generate range data".
Read the highlighted part. This is also my opinion. Despite the rhetoric, the IRST alone isnt enough to defeat stealth.

How stealthy do you think 40,000 lb of metal is to radar? Answer: Not At All.

If you think F-22 can fly over Moscow undetected you are wrong.
Stealthy enough to not be seen on radar.

I don't know about flying over Moscow undetected, because you still can physically see the plane. However it can enter Russia without being detected at all.

You obviously don't know how anything works.
"The OLS-35, like and other IRST, does not provide target quality track data for weapons employment. For example, if a Russian Su-35 fighter jet detected an approaching forward aspect F-22, the Russian pilot could not directly utilize the IRST data to direct semi-active, active, or passive homing missiles; laser illumination capabilities are generally a means to guide air-to-ground munitions rather than air-to-air missiles."
I was just saying that his article says:

just for the record the first stealth fighter was the Horten H IX first flown in March 1944...

Some years ago they have rebuild one in the USA just to see if it realy had a reduced radar signature...
They realized that it would have reduced the warning time between detection and the Horten H IX reaching its target to 2minutes.. making the radar of the time almost useless...

From the article:
"A single Block III Super Hornet equipped with a Block II IRST would be able to detect and track a low observable enemy aircraft such a J-20 or Su-57 at extended ranges. However, that lone Block III jet would not be able to generate a weapons quality track on that enemy stealth aircraft because an infrared sensor cannot independently generate range data".
Read the highlighted part. This is also my opinion. Despite the rhetoric, the IRST alone isnt enough to defeat stealth.
Yes sir but it also means that two can.

Back
Top Bottom