What's new

Russian Federation Air Force Chief visits PAF HQs, Air Defence Command

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD, April 15 (APP): Commander-in-Chief, Russian Federation Air Force, Lt. Gen. Viktor Nikolayevich Bondarev visited Air Headquarters here on Monday. It is the first ever visit of Russian Air Chief to Pakistan. Earlier, Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force had his maiden visit to Russia in August 2012, for participation in the International Military Conference.
Lt Gen. Viktor Nikolayevich Bondarev is visiting Pakistan on the invitation of Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force, said a press release issued by PAF.
On his arrival at Air Headquarters, the distinguished guest was received by Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force.
A smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Air Force presented the Guard of Honour.
After reviewing the Guard of Honour, he was introduced to Principal Staff Officers of Pakistan Air Force.
The visiting guest paid homage to the martyrs of PAF by laying floral wreath on Martyrs’ Monument at Air Headquarters, Islamabad.
Later on, he called on Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt in his office.
Both remained together for some time and discussed matters of professional interest.
The delegation also attended a briefing at Air Headquarters on the organization, role and functioning of Pakistan Air Force.
Later in the day, the Russian Delegation also visited Air Defence Command, Pakistan Air Force.
The Delegation attended a briefing on the working of Air Defence Command and also visited Air Defence Operation Centre.
On their arrival, the Delegation was received by Air Vice Marshal Ejaz Mahmood Malik, Air Officer Commanding, Air Defence Command, Pakistan Air Force.

http://app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=231529&Itemid=1

Hmm interesting!!

surely India would keep a watch on it what the purpose of the visit

Just for friendly visit or something else cooking ;)

Thəorətic Muslim;4163176 said:
Ok P.A.K.I defense fanboys lets start the hypothesis posts on why the Russian came visit PAF HQ.

Possible hypotheses:

SU-30 lets say MKIs to **** off some indians

T-50 PAF needs stealth

SU-35 Navy needs squadron

Aircraft Carrier Navy wants to expand its muscle

BTW are u really pakistani :omghaha:

Ok P.A.K.I defense fanboys lets start the hypothesis posts on why the Russian came visit PAF HQ.

Possible hypotheses:

T-50 PAF needs stealth

R.I.P. Logic

AHQ Islamabad getting alot of visits these days!

As for this one, maybe just a simple reciprocation of the PAF air chief's visit to Russia. You know, keeping things cordial!

I have to say... Russia suddenly starting to sell weapons like SU30 or anything even close to Mig29 is something that we all can forget. Maybe some systems for JF17 (Yes I know something) but nothing else.

Cut the trolling, it was just a regular reciprocal visit in response to and on invitation of PAF chief and a stepo towards normalization of relations between the two neighbourly countries.

Possible hypotheses:

T-50 PAF needs stealth

Well, whether he wanted something or not... You cannot ignore that Germans, Dutch and some more have done the same lately. Maybe the coffee is very good there.

haha, maybe.

Still, I suspect that the timing of the visits between the Germans, the Dutch and Russians are purely coincidental. The Russians probably went to Pakistan because of recent...strains between the Russian-Indian relations. Pakistani-Russian relations have significantly warmed in recent years. While I doubt that anything will come of this visit, it's just another sign that Russia, who accepted this invitation and wouldn't have if this was the 90s, is growing vary of India's relationship with West Europe and particularly the US.

I think it's a good move by the Pakistanis to invite the Russians over, it'll help in the long run. Pakistan should (and they are) exploit the growing rift between Russia and India, that way they will have two major powers on their side in the region (China and Russia).

Back
Top Bottom