What's new

Russian Cars are superior to German Cars

c2f00b87.jpg
plain and simple!!! :cheers:

lol this thread is funny/silly. Even my country's car despite being world class still lacks a little behind German cars. So who is comparing Russian car with German cars?loool They are in totally different leagues. As a consolation, Russia got oil, gas, land and some decent weapons though. :D

is this topic meant as comedy? I wasn't even aware that russia has own car brands lol.

Russian vehicles are superior to German ones for off road and long term reliability. A Lada Niva and UAZ-469 can go anywhere on earth ,whether antartica ,siberia,west russian swamp lands ,Yakutia swamps and tundra,african deserts and jungles.

These two jeeps are comparable to Toyota landcruiser,pajero and Land rover discovery ,but extremely cheap. Russian trucks but no doubt are superior to German or american trucks,especially kamaz. Lada Niva is also cheaper than Mahindra Scorpio or XUV 500. But the interiors are so so. But if you want extreme off road capability at low cost comparable to pajero or land rover ,then go buy a Lada Niva.

But don't think of them as racing vehicles. German vehicles are good for racing,gizmos and show off. Russian ones are pure off road vehicles.

Yeah, I'm sure the OP's glorified beer keg is going to beat this off road: :rolleyes:

6x6benz01.jpg

All I can say is, the only time I wish I am in a Russian Car is when I have to hit a brickwall with full speed.

Being in a German car, I will probably died.

But being in a Russia car, those thing build like a tank and even volvo would not provide such a security against a brick wall.
You're so mistaken. German cars are probably the best when it comes to safety engineering as well. The crumple zones in front and the engine need to absorb most of the impact shock and energy on collision, which German cars are engineered to do. Merely looking solid has no bearing on a car's impact safety.

The Indian HM Ambassador looks mighty reassuring, but it has one of the worst safety features and records, as it's sturdy engine ends up transferring all the impact shock to the passenger cabin as the crumple zones are poorly engineered (cannot provide proof here as this was told at a Safety Seminar which I had attended once).

HM-Ambassador.jpg

on April 21, 2014

Yandex.Translate
Photo: carobka.ru, worldcarfuns.com, drawings: Konstantin Vasiliev
Tags: GSR 2014/7, the Russian automotive industry, plans, renderings, Bo Andersson

Make and model: AVTOVAZ, Lada Vesta
On the approach: "Vesta" with fields

Specify the level of sympathy for Lada Vesta (100%)

At first, this car featured called Lada B. a Little later he appeared traditional index - VAZ-2180 or Lada 2180. Then it was positioned as the successor of "priors". Just recently it was announced the official name of the new model VAZ - Lada Vesta.

With the arrival on a post of General Director of AVTOVAZ Swede Bo Andersson program of enterprise development for the period till 2020 again they had to reconsider. Changes affected mainly the model range of the brand Lada. The main stages clearly demonstrated in the table. It makes sense to pay attention to the last of the presents in her car. Fate full sedan-class Golf under the brand Lada literally hanging in the balance - gazovskaya Varyag intended to reduce costs to sekvestirovatj the program on this model. But seeing the finished layout novelties in the Greek hall, changed his mind - the car he liked.

However, the conversation about this car is a separate topic. Now we are talking about the object, located on the sixth top positions in the same table. This is Lada Vesta. Somehow in conversation with "uncle" Boo one of my colleagues said, "Well, when did the production of the Volga car will look like in order for her not to be ashamed?" Scandinavian typical of the northerners tranquility answered with a question: "have you seen the "West" live?" "Where?" "wondered the same colleague. "Believe me, the car you like," assured Andersson.

Have you seen "Lada West" live? Believe me, this car you will enjoy!

As we know, the design of modern "Lad" is engaged Briton Steve Mattin, gained fame in the field of a stylist in the German Daimler and Swedish Volvo. Mattin without a long drive took over and in the autumn of 2012 demonstrated their vision of the future of VAZ models. Concept called XRAY was received with enthusiasm, and some time later it was decided to implement its ideas in future models of the domestic brand. The first of a new style should be Vesta. If we refer to here the table, we can see that the wait for the serial car, you closer to the next autumn (original voiced 2016). But we cannot exclude that this August we will be able to contemplate pre-instance "Vesta" in the frames of the Moscow Autosalon.

What is a new model? In # 20 of last year, we tried to understand its positioning. Exact answer, for natural reasons, we were unable to get one, but what were the results. In any case, it is clear that the length of the car will be approximately 4.5 m (plus or minus 20 cm). The width and height will match similar in size car. It should be noted that the design of new products is a classic (not from the point of view of the drive " here he is expected FWD). That is the beauty is not biased, as is customary in the modern classmates, forward, and is more familiar to previous generations appearance. This is not a fault. Rather the opposite. For example, when creating the seventh Golf designers consciously sought to shift the add-back, which is a sign of some sort of "premium". Here is more a matter of the problem of increase of space on the second row of seats (when linking "cab-forward" to make it easier). In the VW Golf VII've managed to solve it. Did the "West" - a question, answer to which we receive in the near future.

Platform of Lada B underlying "Vesta", is almost entirely domestic development
Platform of Lada B is almost entirely domestic development. It is there and is based new AVTOVAZ model. The platform incorporates the experience of several developments. Here and today Priora, and having died in Bose "project", and elements of the Franco-Japanese B0 (Logan, Almera, Largus).

In last year's publication as a potential power unit was mentioned 1.8-liter motor, developed as part of the same "project". Now it is difficult to say how realistic is its appearance. Based on current trends to reduce fuel consumption and improvement of ecological compatibility more likely in the range of supercharged unit. And, according to some information, the development of cooperation with the firm Ricardo do VAZ motor mechanics. 1.4-liter engine will give out to the surface 150 HP of power and 240 Nm of torque.

Supercharged power unit of the 1.4 litre is developed jointly with the firm Ricardo. Initially, he gave power 163 PS But later, with the purpose to meet the tax framework, it has limited the level of 149.5 PS

But atmosfernyi still unlikely to sink into Oblivion. And it cannot be excluded that the current family "program grant Kalinovsky engines will be added 1.6-liter 16-valve unit with capacity of 117 PS from Renault Fluence.

Manual gearbox will also modern, with cable-drive the change-over mechanism. But hydro-mechanical machines Jatco set to "Grant" and "Kalina", will be replaced by "robot", developed right now in conjunction with the company ZF. However, unlike advanced Volkswagen's DSG it will be only one clutch. And disadvantages of such structures is well known for Opel "SITRONICS" and Saratovskiy "sensorium". However, if you look, even to such a unit can be proud of. This is, in fact, the first domestic automobile "machine"...

Whence legs grow...
Demonstrated at the end of August, 2012 in the Moscow motor show kontseptkar XRAY (translated as "x-rays") has set the foundations for future stylistics all VAZ models. At least for the next five years. And we are talking not only about the elements of the exterior of the car, but also about their interiors. Of course, they are unlikely to completely replicate the beauty of the concept, but some elements of its design will certainly keep. In particular, surely form the steering wheel will find the embodiment in the serial car, and we cannot exclude that the Central console will be truncated.

Zeroing
The first attempt to discern the look of the new AVTOVAZ model, we took last fall. By that time there was no spy photos living prototypes - only the skeletons of a body shot in the dark workshops on a mobile phone. Therefore, the proportions of the body had to be determined by eye. And as the source text, we chose pictures of car Fiat Viaggio. How close this image to render, made by real picture, judge for yourself.

Verdict
Victor Fomin, chief editor:

- Last time I complained that would be good for the Russian auto industry to catch up in terms of design. Well, not only the eye pleased, but not ashamed of the Motherland was. And here unbiased Sweden Andersson says that the new AVTOVAZ model came to his taste. He is sure that he and others like it. What we got after processing spyware picture with photoshop, echoed this is a very very nice car! Incidentally, foreigners, seeing the car in camouflage on spyware sites (and not opoznal that it Lada), the forums were expressed in an exclusively positive tone.

Russia may have a strong aerospace base but automobile industry is somewhere they really need to catch up. Looking at the pictures, it does seem that they are trying and may come up in a decade. But German vehicles currently are the finest in the market.

That is something everyone agrees. They are expensive yes, but worth every single penny one pays.

Perhaps a decade down the line we may see Russian cars competing at international level which is certainly possible if attention is given to it.

Even we here in India make decent cars. Though we make cars fitting the middle, lower middle and upper middle class market, we could never claim superiority over German machinery. It is something they have earned through sheer hardwork.

Back
Top Bottom