What's new

Russian Cars are superior to German Cars

0116_1-0.jpg

GAZ_3106.jpg
You said Lada Niva right? I couldn't find those pics when I googled "Lada Niva". Please give me some links.
I picked this pic of Lada Niva from autocar
MPSvk1ryq9Fgz4_f1_moGw.jpg

Lada Niva Review | Autocar

I actually rather like the exterior styling of Marussia B2. Its interior leaves has some rather questionable design choices -- the back up camera display is in front of the passenger seat -- and for a car that costs as much as it does, it's somewhat underpowered. That said, I think it shows that Russian engineers and stylists have something to offer. They aren't there yet. Marussia uses still British Cosworth engines, and most of their cars are made in Finland, not Russia. I'll be interested to see if and when they develop their own engine. It certainly worked well for Koenigsegg when he switched from the Ford Modular engine to one of his own design.

Pretty sure that European vehicles such as Unimogs, Unicats, Pinzgauers, Volvo C303's, Steyr Puch G's, Saurer F006's etc can go anywhere on earth as well.

Funny that you would mention Kamaz.

- Rally winning Kamaz race trucks have been using German ZF and Sachs components (be they gearboxes, clutches, steering system etc) *at least* since the mid 90s...which is probably why Kamaz wanted to and did create a joint venture with ZF in 2005 or whenever that was.
Interesting read:

- Kamaz produces Unimogs for the Russian market (ironically enough, Unimogs are quite popular in Russia).

- Kamaz has been using American Cummins engines for over 20 years now.

- "KAMAZ Inc. has been closely cooperating with companies from Western Europe almost since the foundation of the plant. In particular, its partners from Germany are machine-building companies such as Liebherr, Nagel, Mauser, Gildemeister, Hueller-Hille, etc. Within last years Zahnradfabrik, Bosch, Deutz, WABCO, Tissen, STE, RBL and Knorr Bremse also became KAMAZ Inc.’s new industrial partners. For example, the share of KAMAZ trucks equipped with ZF gearboxes will constitute 13% of total output volume in 2005. Trucks of increased payload are now being equipped only with ZF gearboxes. Besides in the current year it is planned to equip not less than 5 000 trucks with fuel equipment of Bosch production."

etc

Kamaz utilizes a lot of Western (primarily German) tech, and have done so for decades.

Therefore, using Kamaz as an example to proclaim superiority over German or Western vehicles/vehicle technology = complete and utter idiocy.

Ouch...

your entire post is full of contradictions.

Niva price -something like 10,000 euros +

Compare a unimog price -250,000 euros

compare pinzgauer price -100,000 $+

volvo c303 is out of production ,steyr out of production

Did you read my post properly ?? If you would realise I am recommending Niva for its excellent offroad performance comparable to land rover,landcruiser,pajero at extremely low price. Which is true.If you want expensive off roader of Russia check Aton impulse,Gaz vodnik or Kombat T-98( military grade luxury vehicle capable of surviving an anti-tank RPG-7,but then the fuel consumption is absolutely ridiculous ) or Vityaz Dt-30 .The price of the vehicles you state is comparable to these ones.

Kamaz utilizes a lot of Western (primarily German) tech, and have done so for decades.

a lot ? another contradiction here from your own post.
For example, the share of KAMAZ trucks equipped with ZF gearboxes will constitute 13% of total output volume in 2005.

13% is a lot .Second a reason why Kamaz adopted cummins.

KamAZ Chooses Cummins Diesel
  • Oct. 01 1993 00:00
KamAZ, Russia's biggest truck manufacturer, has chosen the U. S. engine-maker Cummins Diesel as the partner for a new factory which will make 50, 000 truck engines a year to replace the plant which KamAZ lost in a devastating fire in April.

Tatyana Kolesnikova, a spokesperson for Cummins in Moscow, said Thursday that the joint venture that will require an investment of about $300 million will start producing the Cummins engines in Russia in 1996.

The Russian trucking industry was thrown into disarray by a fire that caused about $1 billion in damage to KamAZ's huge truck plant at Naberezhnye Chelny in Tatarstan, 800 kilometers from Moscow.

With its entire engine and transmission works destroyed, KamAZ was forced to look for a foreign partner both to supply it with engines and invest in reconstructing local production.

This is from Moscow times.A large part of their component production capability was lost due to the russian mafia wars for controlling factories or sabotage on behalf of western corporates in 1990's like the aluminium wars and the oil field mafia wars in Russia. @vostok

-----

Second ,if western trucks are so superior to kamaz ,then why Kamaz has been beating western trucks at dakar rally .Seems that kamaz hybrid model is better than pure western solution based model as proven by dakar again and again.

I actually rather like the exterior styling of Marussia B2. Its interior leaves has some rather questionable design choices -- the back up camera display is in front of the passenger seat -- and for a car that costs as much as it does, it's somewhat underpowered. That said, I think it shows that Russian engineers and stylists have something to offer. They aren't there yet. Marussia uses still British Cosworth engines, and most of their cars are made in Finland, not Russia. I'll be interested to see if and when they develop their own engine. It certainly worked well for Koenigsegg when he switched from the Ford Modular engine to one of his own design.

I think of russian supercars as so so and very overpriced . I would prefer a nissan GT-R or Mitsubhishi Lancer Evo as they have excellent performance supercar at very reasonable price. But then russian off-road vehicles. I must say for the price and performance its world class . Especially Lada Niva and UAZ-469.

You said Lada Niva right? I couldn't find those pics when I googled "Lada Niva". Please give me some links.
I picked this pic of Lada Niva from autocar

See a few videos of Lada niva vs bmw x5 or lada niva vs land rover or lada niva vs hummer on off road . For the price and its off road capabilities,lada niva rocks.

Russian cars are superior to German cars.

And the rest of the world collapsed in laughter.

I think in most categories like styling ,gizmos,racing ,looks,interiors etc. German vehicles are top class. But off road , extreme area conditions and pricing not.

See a few videos of Lada niva vs bmw x5 or lada niva vs land rover or lada niva vs hummer on off road . For the price and its off road capabilities,lada niva rocks.

I think in most categories like styling ,gizmos,racing ,looks,interiors etc. German vehicles are top class. But off road , extreme area conditions and pricing not.

If the Land Rover in my garage is there because of it's pricing, I'm doing it wrong. And trust me, it kicks *** off road.

I can't believe this is even a object of discussion. The level of cognitive dissonance on this forum is too damn high.

If the Land Rover in my garage is there because of it's pricing, I'm doing it wrong. And trust me, it kicks *** off road.

I can't believe this is even a object of discussion. The level of cognitive dissonance on this forum is too damn high.

Having driven a land cruiser ,niva,Scorpio,discovery land rover and G55 . I will say two vehicles are best off road from my experience: Landcruiser and niva. Personal experience. Take a drive in eastern russia,yakutia ,magadan .My cousin has landcruiser and G55 in Ludhiana.I own a scorpio. Though I had driven a niva and land cruiser in Kamchatka and niva in yakutia. Niva is something.

Google niva vs land rover king of hills vid.

Too much vodka ????

Compare an old UAZ with an old M series jeep .. Ud understand ..

Having driven a land cruiser ,niva,Scorpio,discovery land rover and G55 . I will say two vehicles are best off road from my experience: Landcruiser and niva. Personal experience. Take a drive in eastern russia,yakutia ,magadan .My cousin has landcruiser and G55 in Ludhiana.I own a scorpio. Though I had driven a niva and land cruiser in Kamchatka and niva in yakutia. Niva is something.

Google niva vs land rover king of hills vid.

My mate has a landcruiser. It's very good, but the Discovery is certainly right there alongside.

Thanks, but I'd rather have one of those 'inferior' German cars any day.

All I can say is, the only time I wish I am in a Russian Car is when I have to hit a brickwall with full speed.

Being in a German car, I will probably died.

But being in a Russia car, those thing build like a tank and even volvo would not provide such a security against a brick wall.

All I can say is, the only time I wish I am in a Russian Car is when I have to hit a brickwall with full speed.

Being in a German car, I will probably died.

But being in a Russia car, those thing build like a tank and even volvo would not provide such a security against a brick wall.

Ur name is funny just like mine:p

Back
Top Bottom