What's new

Featured Russia would be developing upgraded engines for Pakistan's JF-17 fighters

But that idea is simply impossible even for the best: to develop an engine in the thrust range of 140+ kN at the size to fit the Thunder and even having TVC is not possible yet. Otherwise it would be done already .
Not even a slightly better performing engine can be made? Even slight performance improvements to JF 17 engine would do wonders.

With all respect, alone this sentence shows that you have no clue. These is no engine comparable to the Su-35's engine especially featuring TVC... and even more, such a monster engine as used by the Flanker won't never fit the JF-17.

So much to stupidity...
Still there is a probleum in ur head or some personal vandetta

Any way when did i said put same flanker engine in thunder

I was saying build a smaller version of su 35 engine which can fit in thunder

Thanks, even if I know it ... but how is this related to his unrealistic idea to fit a Su-35's engine into a JF-17??
It can fit,but resulting fighter would be able to Take off, circle over Air base and then land safely with only 200 hours of airframe life because vibration of AL-31 series won't permit more.

It can fit,but resulting fighter would be able to Take off, circle over Air base and then land safely with only 200 hours of airframe life because vibration of AL-31 series won't permit more.

To admit I'm not actually sure if You only made a joke, but the 117S - nor an AL-31F - would fit to the JF-17's fuselage,

It's just a matter of size ... and without a complete redesign - de facto development of a new aircraft - it won't fit.

AL-31F + RD-33.jpg

To admit I'm not actually sure if You only made a joke, but the 117S - nor an AL-31F - would fit to the JF-17's fuselage,

It's just a matter of size ... and without a complete redesign - de facto development of a new aircraft - it won't fit.

View attachment 551246
I was Joking,may be it can be fitted with few tweaks in airframe.But people must undertand that,it won't work because, neither JFT airframe can handle stress due to it's wight and thrust,neither it can provide it enough fuel.If anyhow they are able to strengthen that airframe for handling weight and stress of AL-31 117s,still it would be useless because it won't be able to sustain any combat mission due to limited fuel,it must be noted that current JFT carries 2330 kg of fuel while SU-27/30/35, if i am not wrong they have internal fuel capacity of around 10000-12000kg depending upon model.
If we take a JFT airframe and fit that Engine into it,it's extra length would take almost 2.34 Feet of extra length thus reducing quite good amount of fuel.In nutshell without going back on boards,and redesigning whole airframe it's impossible.

I was Joking,may be it can be fitted with few tweaks in airframe.But people must undertand that,it won't work because, neither JFT airframe can handle stress due to it's wight and thrust,neither it can provide it enough fuel.If anyhow they are able to strengthen that airframe for handling weight and stress of AL-31 117s,still it would be useless because it won't be able to sustain any combat mission due to limited fuel,it must be noted that current JFT carries 2330 kg of fuel while SU-27/30/35, if i am not wrong they have internal fuel capacity of around 10000-12000kg depending upon model.
If we take a JFT airframe and fit that Engine into it,it's extra length would take almost 2.34 Feet of extra length thus reducing quite good amount of fuel.In nutshell without going back on boards,and redesigning whole airframe it's impossible.

:tup:

Su max fuel capacity is 9- 10k kg but Practical is half of that due to stress on the structure so never utilized per combat aircraft magazine article

In fact latest aircraft has no additional fuel cells for it

I have a feeling that Russia might be offering Mig-35 with Aesa Radar to Pakistan instead of SU-35. I guess India might be ok with that.

does russia have aesa radar to offer...

i think Chinese are way ahead in this area... and why mig-35 ?

Russia is marketing mig-35 but no one is buying it. All NATO and non NATO nations are going for America or western planes.

Back
Top Bottom