What's new

Featured Russia would be developing upgraded engines for Pakistan's JF-17 fighters

Block-I, II, III have the same airframe and engine (but Block III will have three-axis FBW).

I imagine any real work towards a new engine, if any, would happen post-Block-III.
Thanks for clearing that up but as i understand AESA radars are power hungry...do you think the RD93 will be able to power up the AESA to be used in the Thunder?

But they do not fit to the JF-17!

I really cannot understand these stupid ideas like add a larger engine, increase the span, make it longer, larger, bigger, better :hitwall::crazy:

Guys ... grow up, do your homework and then start discussing with the adults.
Many of them don't know that these luxuries have got price of time and money.Any minor change in Airframe requires lot of work.

Block-I, II, III have the same airframe and engine (but Block III will have three-axis FBW).

I imagine any real work towards a new engine, if any, would happen post-Block-III.
Why not will be odd..because engine should be ready(rd33mk) and russia seems to be willingly to sell unless PAF is satisfied with current thrust and doesn't want major upgrades to block 3 (just aesa) and is instead looking for another interim fighter

Which begs the question why hype for 5+ years when its simple AESA update ...

LCA mk2 is much bigger upgrade with smaller time frame

Pw f-100 latest version is 12-15 million a piece and rd-xx latest version 4-5 million a piece so life and tbo is accordingly

You can buy one pw and get 10-12 years before needing overhauls or rd needing 5-6 year before overhauls [emoji6]

Not to say rd is as good but bottom line $$$$ eq to quality

Initially paf had orders 36 block 52 with spare engines not sure if they did once Reduced to 18 as they can order some spares down the road ??
Rd 93 Pakistan good for around 2.5 million where as GE F404 per deal is 10+ million

Even with overhaul costs rd93 will be half the cost
Though 404 is more advance engine

Thanks for clearing that up but as i understand AESA radars are power hungry...do you think the RD93 will be able to power up the AESA to be used in the Thunder?
It appears LETRI and NRIET optimized their respective AESA radars for the JF-17 (and lightweight fighters in general). In the Block-III, the designers might have saved space and weight by switching the flight control to a three-axis FBW. In theory, you can also make single seat variants of the JF-17B (mimic the approach of the MiG-29M/M2 and L-159A) by extending the spinal fuel tank to the second/rear seat.

Why not will be odd..because engine should be ready(rd33mk) and russia seems to be willingly to sell unless PAF is satisfied with current thrust and doesn't want major upgrades to block 3 (just aesa) and is instead looking for another interim fighter

Which begs the question why hype for 5+ years when its simple AESA update ...

LCA mk2 is much bigger upgrade with smaller time frame

Rd 93 Pakistan good for around 2.5 million where as GE F404 per deal is 10+ million

Even with overhaul costs rd93 will be half the cost
Though 404 is more advance engine
The LCA Mk2 is also a few years away from being a real factor, if not longer. Just because the PAF doesn't want a new engine as early as the JF-17 Block-III (which is now a near-term factor), it doesn't mean it'll stop development of a Block-IV or Block-V with a new engine (and other specifications to match the Tejas Mk2) in the long-run.

But they do not fit to the JF-17!

I really cannot understand these stupid ideas like add a larger engine, increase the span, make it longer, larger, bigger, better :hitwall::crazy:

Guys ... grow up, do your homework and then start discussing with the adults.

Hey talk with some respect im not a sweeper here

And as far as stupidity concerned i was asking to have a similar engine like SU 35 with thrst vectoring which can fit on thunder

Before replying think whom u are replting im not going to back down on insulting me no matter u r COAS or pm of pak

Hey talk with some respect im not a sweeper here

And as far as stupidity concerned i was asking to have a similar engine like SU 35 with thrst vectoring which can fit on thunder

Before replying think whom u are replting im not going to back down on insulting me no matter u r COAS or pm of pak

Can you name such an engine?

With all respect, alone this sentence shows that you have no clue. These is no engine comparable to the Su-35's engine especially featuring TVC... and even more, such a monster engine as used by the Flanker won't never fit the JF-17.

So much to stupidity...

Thanks, even if I know it ... but how is this related to his unrealistic idea to fit a Su-35's engine into a JF-17??
O no this has got nothing to do with your conversation. He is just being ignorant. I simply did not know if the Myanmar Af had a B version with them.

What we need to do is to manufacture one custom made engine with help of China that is of the same size as current JF17's engine but better in performance so we don't need to do any frame work.

What we need to do is to manufacture one custom made engine with help of China that is of the same size as current JF17's engine but better in performance so we don't need to do any frame work.

But that idea is simply impossible even for the best: to develop an engine in the thrust range of 140+ kN at the size to fit the Thunder and even having TVC is not possible yet. Otherwise it would be done already .

yup after block-3 , we should work for the better engine

Back
Top Bottom