What's new

Featured Russia would be developing upgraded engines for Pakistan's JF-17 fighters

I'd say take light of these Russians saying. they'be been talking too much lately without substances more like cheap ads.

thankyou!
I just read j ane's all the world's aircrafts in my school days -- published my first article on paf fighters in my school mag , after that my interest in aviation was dependent on my free time

Aren't some varieties of bugs penicillin resistant? :P

Dr Sahib is armed with the 'kill switch' for those 'superbugs'.

Personally i love reading his posts , and cherish the time we worked together in R&R section.

Yes Mr VRSA
araz

Actually, Dr. Dr. VRSA, respectfully. :D

Dr Sahib is armed with the 'kill switch' for those 'superbugs'.

Personally i love reading his posts , and cherish the time we worked together in R&R section.

Ah, broad-spectrum coverage? :P

======================================

To remain on topic:

What are the MTBO and MTBF targets for the JF-17 engines presently in service? What are the figures for service time per flying hour so far?

Actually, Dr. Dr. VRSA, respectfully. :D

Ah, broad-spectrum coverage? :P

======================================

To remain on topic:

What are the MTBO and MTBF targets for the JF-17 engines presently in service? What are the figures for service time per flying hour so far?

No actual figures available, but initial targets were kept as close to the F-16 as possible.
The RD-93 however..has been a certain disappointment in this regard as the actual advertised hours were not met.(although this may be due to PAF's current noob status with the engine).

No actual figures available, but initial targets were kept as close to the F-16 as possible.
The RD-93 however..has been a certain disappointment in this regard as the actual advertised hours were not met.(although this may be due to PAF's current noob status with the engine).

All Russian/Chinese engines are well behind Western, particularly US, designs in this aspect. It is not any PAF issue of experience, but rather metallurgical and design limitations, that limit these numbers.

All Russian/Chinese engines are well behind Western, particularly US, designs in this aspect. It is not any PAF issue of experience, but rather metallurgical and design limitations, that limit these numbers.

Interesting that the JF-17 requires minimal production line changes to allow it to take the F-100..
but even if this was possibly diplomatically.. economical costs would ensure this never works out.

The Rd-93 has come a long way from its original problem riddled origins.
The Russians have improved.. by leaps and bounds.. the dissolution of the Union opened up their learning paths.. their innovation. Russian equipment is really very good , first hand exp with their electronic systems of today.. they are not ten years behind.. but rather very close.
That same goes for their metallurgy and other production processes.

But they will take their time to get to the level of the US..

RUSSIAN ENGINES ARE inferior to western engines...

This is a fact that was discussed / debated on a massive scale when the ENGINE WAS chosen for TEJAS...

IAF has had long experience of russian engines they require FAR more routine maintenance BUT dont lack for POWER.

For the record USA engines GE414 are costing IAF $8 million each where as a russian RD93 is under $3 million each.

HORSES FOR COURSES cheaper engines to keep cost down from RUSSIA or far more expensive but more reliable western engines

RUSSIAN ENGINES ARE inferior to western engines...

This is a fact that was discussed / debated on a massive scale when the ENGINE WAS chosen for TEJAS...

IAF has had long experience of russian engines they require FAR more routine maintenance BUT dont lack for POWER.

For the record USA engines GE414 are costing IAF $8 million each where as a russian RD93 is under $3 million each.

HORSES FOR COURSES cheaper engines to keep cost down from RUSSIA or far more expensive but more reliable western engines

I don't think PAF cares about the quality of Six Sigma based GE engines vs. the Russian engines at this point. They are going to build a fighting force capable of defending their country with 4th generation avionics. The planes will perform even with the Russian engines and THATS what matters right now.
China already has access to Boeing and European engine technologies. And they are building their own. In a few years, you'll see Chinese engines available second to GE or other Western companies. That's bound to happen. PAF will then upgrade engines. But at this point, their focus is to introduce strong capability at the cost of extra maintenance costs and that makes perfect sense. You want a working air force, not planes sitting ducks without modern warfare capability

its amazing how when india buys russian stuff its best in the world but when pak buys it its not that gud, well its good enough for the time being and paf must have kept a wide room for upgrades when they are available.

Abadeel

Russian hardware is robust sturdy and hardhitting. BUT it requires more maintenance.

Im sure that given PAF love of F16 they would have preferred a LICENSE BUILT COPY of the F16 with western technology.

BUT will settle for a chinease designed fighter powered by RUSSIAN engines IF they do the nearly the same job.

AT HALF THE COST & WITH NO SANCTIONS THREAT

Back
Top Bottom