What's new

Russia will provide a war plane to Pakistan soon, President Putin will visit: Consulate General

You are tracking the wrong reason. This is a forum where there are many member who don't speak urdu language and English is a common tongue.

my response was regarding some member asking its a urdu news paper so its not credible.

Russian analysts (not government, not officials, etc) think talks between Russia and Pakistan for big-ticket arms are real. Let's see though, those on the outside of the Kremlin don't always get it right, even in Russia:

"As early as 2016 in Moscow, the Pakistani delegation held talks with Russian partners on deliveries of Su-35 multifunctional fighters," Andrei Frolov told RIA Novosti. "The results were not officially announced, but the sides called the talks fruitful." In addition, there were rumors about Islamabad's intentions to purchase MI-28 attack helicopters, probably to compare them with those already purchased by Mi-35. The range of potential contracts is quite wide and I think it will not be limited to the purchase of aviation equipment. e: it is unlikely that contacts with Pakistan will spoil our relations with India, rather, on the contrary, New Delhi will choose a more conciliatory tone in matters of military-technical cooperation and make compromises on a number of issues. "​

Russian analysts (not government, not officials, etc) think talks between Russia and Pakistan for big-ticket arms are real. Let's see though, those on the outside of the Kremlin don't always get it right, even in Russia:

"As early as 2016 in Moscow, the Pakistani delegation held talks with Russian partners on deliveries of Su-35 multifunctional fighters," Andrei Frolov told RIA Novosti. "The results were not officially announced, but the sides called the talks fruitful." In addition, there were rumors about Islamabad's intentions to purchase MI-28 attack helicopters, probably to compare them with those already purchased by Mi-35. The range of potential contracts is quite wide and I think it will not be limited to the purchase of aviation equipment. e: it is unlikely that contacts with Pakistan will spoil our relations with India, rather, on the contrary, New Delhi will choose a more conciliatory tone in matters of military-technical cooperation and make compromises on a number of issues. "
РИА Новости https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20180130/1513554661.html

There has been deliveries of helicopters to Pakistan in 2017. I think total of 7 or 8 were delivered to Pakistan in 2017.

my response was regarding some member asking its a urdu news paper so its not credible.

Urdu News papers are credible but many use masala news as well. There are less chances of masala news online because of discussion on social media platforms.

4 Mi-35 and 1 Mi-171 (for civilian use) were on order. Nothing more.

There were deliveries of 2 Mi-171E by july 2017. and one came later in 2017 I am not sure about the last delivery but 2 were delivered by July 2017 that is a confirm. the number of Mi-35 is 4 confirmed.

4 Mi-35 and 1 Mi-171 (for civilian use) were on order. Nothing more.

Pakistan has received a Russian-made Mi-171E non-combat helicopter, the second such chopper delivered to the country this year

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/world/russia-delivers-mi-171e-non-combat-copter-to-pak/441364.html

another wet dream on PDF. russia will never provide a state of the art fighter jet and we also cant afford russian jets in big numbers.

Hi I’m not contradicting any member here but wasn’t it’s commercial jet landed at Islamabad
Airport
Thx

another wet dream on PDF. russia will never provide a state of the art fighter jet and we also cant afford russian jets in big numbers.
I endorse that. China's economy is far stronger and has demonstrated already that their weapons technology is improving day by day. Russia OTOH has seen stagnation and delays on a lot of their systems that have been conceived years/decades ago. Collaboration with China is far more beneficial for Pakistan in the medium to long term. Coproduction/development and non reliance of spares is far more critical to Pakistan than any short term gain even if Russian systems become available.

As far as I know Mi-17 and Mi-35 were purchased by Pakistan, no contract signed for any other military hardware or Fighter at this time. There is nothing wrong in looking or evaluating Russian equipment/s (Fighters, Helicopters, Tanks, SAMs, Radar, air defense system) as long as they have competitive pricing and good maintenance on package.

With Project Azm and ongoing R&D on Block III, chances for an entirely new system from a new source is very very less likely. I would prefer cooperation in sub-systems particularly in power plants for block-III and other future plans along with gunships like Mi-35/MI-28 etc.

I love to see some 30-50+ SU-35S or SU-37 (if developed) in PAF.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom