What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fact Check: Old, unrelated images passed off as recent photos from war-torn Ukraine

Pic_1__1_-x1280.jpeg

How to Spot Fake News in the Ukraine-Russia Disinformation War​

Mar 07, 2022 9:53 AM

The blonde Ukrainian girl raised her fist at the Russian soldier. “Go back to your country,” she yelled at him – at least according to the caption for the video that has been shared widely on social media and been watched millions of times over the past week.

The problem, as numerous fact-checkers have revealed, is that the soldier isn’t Russian and the girl isn’t Ukrainian. The soldier is Israeli and the girl is none other than Palestinian Ahed Tamimi, who rose to fame a decade ago thanks to footage shot in the West Bank showing her confronting an Israeli soldier.

Fact Check: Old, unrelated images passed off as recent photos from war-torn Ukraine

Pic_1__1_-x1280.jpeg

This is one of the frequently used post-truth methods. The blunting of interest and sensitivities in information flows is one of the main work of false flag activities.

If you don’t like the content I post or others then there’s nothing stopping you from blocking us.
No, You are free to post whatever you want as long as its on topic and not insulting, I am only arguing that everyone should have that same right.

How would @Ich or you know?

I dont know. That is why i did not offer any numbers about losses of russian or ukrain side. And that also is why i asked him if he believes the numbers he gave. And the link he gave was from the german "Tagesschau", a state TV and propaganda mouth pipe of the criminal and corrupt german gov. And at least this "Tagesschau" tells a statement from some ukrainien who came up with this numbers. So...

To make it clear: I dont care about such numbers, wether it is from russia or it is from ukrain. I only care about the progress or degress on the ground. Thats my way to get a small picture about what is happen there.

Some of the best contributors in this thread are following:

@dBSPL
@RescueRanger
@Vergennes
@Messerschmitt
@Elias MC
@Paul2

Less politics, no drama, more focused on the topic and providing valuable information.

@RescueRanger bhai make us laugh at times as well.

This is how it should be.

Unfortunately, some members are like: This forum is compromised. USA this and that. Zionists. Nazis. Petty politics. Maybe try contributing to a topic constructively for a change?

How would @Ich or you know?

Russians have certainly lost hundreds of military vehicles in this conflict by now. Troop losses would be high as well.

This is a war - not a joke.

Maybe, some countries can fight back and inflict losses?

USSR suffered heavy losses in Finland in WW2 (1939 - 1940).
Germany suffered heavy losses and were unable to achieve breakthrough in the Battle of Britain in WW2 in 1941.
US-led forces were unable to achieve breakthrough in Italy in WW2 in 1943.

It happens.

Russia should try its luck with UK perhaps. The British will knock Russian teeth in.

I think Iranian-Iraqi war is the best comparison. Both countries had serious modern armies from hardware standpoint. And one side attacked another on assumption of a "walk in the park" war.

I think it's reasonable to think now that Russia after this will turn into a new Iraq, than a new North Korea.

They bunched up, got shelled, retreated after a few losses.

Concentrated artillery fire would have taken them all out. And 200 casualties.

They were very lucky.

Indeed, Ukrainians ran out of heavy firepower

I think Iranian-Iraqi war is the best comparison. Both countries had serious modern armies from hardware standpoint. And one side attacked another on assumption of a "walk in the park" war.

I think it's reasonable to think now that Russia after this will turn into a new Iraq, than a new North Korea.

Agree with first part. Russia thought war would be easy, however initial failures does not mean war is lost.

The second part, NATO might be supplying weapons against Russia today, but when NATO invades another country then Russia will do same.

Their Headquarter in Russia will, and either way, if they can't those thing will not be serviced and eventually broke down.

Have you ever wonder why McDonald's Ice Cream machine always broken down while Hungry's Jack Frozen Coke machine always broken down? Those thing were supposed to service regularly but the Franchise people usually don't come regularly to keep the franchisee in check.

I need to stop talking about Franchise, it bring back a lot of bad memory. Even worse than my time in Iraq.....
No offense.
Does Green Card take you to Iraq? You are Vietnamese, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom