What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time, soldiers are just doing nothing during war.

Ukrainians already have a lot of territorials which they can't do much with, besides giving then an AK, and telling them "wait for Russians to come"

Soldiers need to be fed, supplied, and trained in use of heavy armaments, know at least basics of tactics, and driven around in some semblance of an armoured vehicle.

A single man with nothing, but small arms can only help holding cities, and only fighting similar very lightly prepared forces.

That's why Russian decision to dilute their best forces with conscripts to draw impressive size numbers spectacularly backfired.
Well, it is one thing to have you tell a guy "This is a rifle, shoot everything that come thru this door" and to ask a guy to go on complex manoeuvre.

In the military, we have a concept called "Combat Effectiveness" Which mean the actual firepower a unit can spend is directly proportion to how many people in that unit needs their hand hold. Traditionally for every wounded soldier, 2 guys have to pull from combat duty to take care of them, and if you have more wounded then you can handle, then your unit would become combat ineffective.

That's the same as any Territorial Defence Force, for every single guy who hold an AK pointing at a door, there have to be 1 or 2 guys that constantly look over them. Which make the effectiveness decrease. That is why General Mobilisation is very flown upon in any professional military.

So now that KFC and McDonald’s have exited Russia. Perhaps it’s times for Colonel Zulfiqar to make an entry:

1646819785639.png

:lol:

That money will stay, most probably Russian will give back Ukraine after Putin is no longer Russia President. That money is not gone, just cannot be touch by Russian until they pull out from Ukraine
Pulling out of Ukraine wil not get them that money back. Only regime change.

its not actually free falling. its kind of stabilised at the 130 mark to the USD. Proabbylbeign propped up at great expense but the Russian central bank with the 315 billion they do have access to in foreign reserves and laws preventing the purchasing of foreign currency.
Well, I would consider a currency losing 50% of its value (or close to) in just 13 days free falling.

You and I may have a different interpretation.

But in your case, what happened if and when the domestic reserve ran out? And if this (falling 50% in 13 days) is not free falling, and that one would be.

If I was Russian, I wouldn't be laughing.

Rouble is almost halved its value against USD, and considering USD/GBP/Euro together formed 90% of world currency reserve, which mean Russian Reserve almost halved in just 13 days, with the rest frozen, the inability of stopping Rouble from free-falling is nothing but an alarming trend for Russian Economy.
Of course.
I was just pointing out to another poster that the USD reserves blocked do not even come close to the External Debt owed by Russia.

Of course.
I was just pointing out to another poster that the USD reserves blocked do not even come close to the External Debt owed by Russia.
Well, those two things are different tho. You cannot use one thing and try to go after the other.

And by the way, Debt has been frozen by Western Bank because nobody is willing to lend money to Russia, that itself is probably be the most scary part if you ask me.

How can they exit ? In Indonesia the stores are owned by locals here, they just buy the franchise from KFC
Franchisee own the right to use the brand name and the operation, equipment like the coke machine or ice cream machine were owned by the Franchise.

When they pull the plug, they pull the equipment away because those belong to the franchise not the person who own the license to operate

Well, those two things are different tho. You cannot use one thing and try to go after the other.

And by the way, Debt has been frozen by Western Bank because nobody is willing to lend money to Russia, that itself is probably be the most scary part if you ask me.
Debt can be weaponized too.
If I owe the bank 1000 dollars that's my problem.
If I owe the bank 1000 billion dollars that's the bank's problem.

Well, I would consider a currency losing 50% of its value (or close to) in just 13 days free falling.

You and I may have a different interpretation.

But in your case, what happened if and when the domestic reserve ran out? And if this (falling 50% in 13 days) is not free falling, and that one would be.
Zimbabwe had freefalling currency. Even Turkish lira was doing worse than ruble. But yes over time, the ruble will disappear. maybe. They have resources and can make most things themselves. The rest they can smuggle. For a vast majority of people life had not been easy there but they are an incredibly developed country. Walk down any street of any town and you could be in in any European city. To some degree, isolating Russia will be like like isolating America. Not much difference.

Now they wont have Volkswagen, but they will buy Russian or Turkish cars. even cheaper.

Debt can be weaponized too.
If I owe the bank 1000 dollars that's my problem.
If I owe the bank 1000 billion dollars that's the bank's problem.
hence my point.

Stop lending money means they stop their involvement of Russian Economy, and without the bank backing, where is the Russian money come from?

It's like you have such a bad credit record no bank will ever issue you a loan, it would be extra difficult for you to raise money and buy stuff like a car or an apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom