What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slat roof or not, modern top attack ATGMs are running through Russian armor.

View attachment 821984

The Russians falsely believed those cages would protect them or at least limit the damages against missiles like Javelins while in reality those offer no tactical or protection advantages,only adding weight to the tanks. Probably something to improve the morale of russian tankists.

The first vehicle that gets hit has 2 people walking towards it a mere 5 or 10 metres away? they seem to survive. Is it normal to survive in such close proximity?

Hard to tell, but one of them dropped like a sack of potatoes on impact. He's likely dead.

Well it means that the Americans have the ability to recognise the voice of the person on an unencrypted line out of al the 10's of thousands of call being made at the same time. Pretty impressive.

You don't get the idea. Now, Russia can only go through the pain of issuing encrypted radios to its top officers, and people in the command chain. They use very powerful, vehicle mounted radios, and everybody else uses Baofeng.

So, anybody using encrypted comms instantly stand out from unencrypted comms of the rest of the army, pointing to them being commanders, or a radio relay point.

Amazing analysis, but dont Russians have 15,000 tanks. Cant they just replenish the BTG with more tanks and keep going?

They have T-54 - good, accurate gun, but will lose to T-72. No autoloader, and all trained loaders for T-54 are likely 60+ now.

T-54 cannot stand modern RPG hit to the front. It is patently ancient, very likely with most of its electronics dead due to aging of capacitors.

interestingly, the Russians have yet to use their serious artillery. I have not seen any footage of tos-1 being used, or at least used in signficant quantities. These thermobaric weapons are literally the most effective weapons to use in such fighting conditions.

This tells you the Russian losses have been so minimal, that the top leadership hasnt even decided to bring the big guns out yet (literally). If these reports of 10s of thousands of Russians killed the western media is putting out were remotely true, then the russians would have started carpet bombing resistance areas long ago.

The Russians are making excellent steady progress. even with the gloves on.

I do. Any I think the whole west agrees with me that Russia must lose here regardless of the consequences. He cant be appeased. If he wins he will keep rolling west and none of us will achieve security by giving him countries to swallow.

There is no way Russia has any intentions beyond Ukraine.

Putin is an intelligent man.

He is quite aware that Russia CAN NOT take on NATO conventionally.

Ukraine was a core security issue for Russia which they have stated for quite some time.

It was the West that was pushing the conflict.

The Russian position is quite reasonable.

A neutral Ukraine.

A buffer so to speak.

Again, if Putin had the means to go Westward, then YES.

I would agree with you.

I am SURE he would love to bring back the Soviet Union territorially.

But he knows he can't.

And thus this is not his intention in regards to this intervention in Ukraine.

They have T-54 - good, accurate gun, but will lose to T-72. No autoloader, and all trained loaders for T-54 are likely 60+ now.

T-54 cannot stand modern RPG hit to the front. It is patently ancient, very likely with most of its electronics dead due to aging of capacitors.
What what what what what what what what what what?

Russia doesnt have any T54 or T55 im service. They only have t72, t80 and t90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom