What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sense is the Russians will change tactics. They will relay on artillery and airstrikes more...which Javelins are not effective against. 1000's of Javelins will end in Russian hands. Why do you think Zalensky wants a no fly zone so bad.
Well, airstrike can only work up to a point, it does not work on a hunker down enemy, otherwise US would have won every battle in Vietnam with their superior air firepower. And said superior is still yet to achieve in Ukraine by the way.

There are talks that US and NATO are going to provide more advance Anti-Air system and some SPG to Ukraine.

It didn't alter the result much for the conventional fight, but it will draw blood on the Russian.

Tiktok website

Their headquarter is in Santa Monica Blvd, CA, USA
It's more like a branch office operating with a different name, it's still Chinese.

TikTok, known in China as Douyin (Chinese: 抖音; pinyin: Dǒuyīn), is a video-focused social networking service owned by Chinese company ByteDance Ltd

It's more like a branch office operating with a different name, it's still Chinese.

TikTok, known in China as Douyin (Chinese: 抖音; pinyin: Dǒuyīn), is a video-focused social networking service owned by Chinese company ByteDance Ltd
Dude, they separated, they are headquartered in San Fransico. It is not a branch.

If you remember Trump threaten to put Tiktok out of service in 2018 or 2017, and they separated the apps and server from China.

Tiktok is like any Chinese Own US company now.....like AMC Theatre chain or Waldof Astoria hotel.

They are not, tik tok is still owned by China, it's part of that company's operation.
Dude, own by China does not make it a branch.

As said in the previous article, Tik Tok operation are COMPLETELY separated to ByteDance, that is the requirement for them to operate in the US. Trump want it sold but they made that deal.

Dude, where have you been, this was a very big news some years ago....

Dude, own by China does not make it a branch.

As said in the previous article, Tik Tok operation are COMPLETELY separated to ByteDance, that is the requirement for them to operate in the US. Trump want it sold but they made that deal.

Dude, where have you been, this is a very big news....
Simple question, who owns Tik Tok?

Dude, they separated, they are headquartered in San Fransico. It is not a branch.

If you remember Trump threaten to put Tiktok out of service in 2018 or 2017, and they separated the apps and server from China.

Tiktok is like any Chinese Own US company now.....like AMC Theatre chain or Waldof Astoria hotel.

India recently banned many Chinese apps and TikTok was on top of the list.

LOL what a take!

Yeltsin was better for Russia than Putin?

Really?

Nothing could beat Yeltsin in depravity and lack of foresight for a major country's leader.

While Russia was a spent force in the early 1990s, people like Yeltsin could have tried to pull the country together. Instead, the true 'oligarchs' as we are hearing about now around Putin, were far more powerful and corrupt than they are around Putin. Yeltsin was a darling of the West. I cannot forget the images of him in front of some tanks waiving Russian flag on CNN in front of a small crowd which was made out to be giant crowd. People like Gorbachev and Yeltsin are the 'feel good' suckers, devoid of real politic. Putin, for all his fault--a true dictator and a true anachronistic person--are sometimes the last breath of independence for dying powers.

The Western media has, over decades, learned the art of condensing their enemies to some bite-sizes propaganda bites: 'Hitler's Henchmen', 'Putin's Oligarchs' 'Iranian Mullahs', 'Venezuela Communists' .... Makes it easy for the masses to digest, don't it. Even the Germans and the French, when they tried to oppose the now-apparently-lost war against Iraq in 2003 were called 'the Hans' and the 'Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys' respectively. The condemnation is focused, powerful, well funded, and convincing. Many people would rather get the bite-size views of the 'news' and go on with their daily lives then to devote brain cells to figuring out what's happening. BUT a sad observation is that people who distrust their govts over domestic policies just on the whole ignore bombing off other countries.

Simple question, who owns Tik Tok?
China.

Now my turn, where's Tiktok HQ located?

India recently banned many Chinese apps and TikTok was on top of the list.
Tiktok is owned by Chinese (as in a Chinese company, not the country)

But TikTok operation are separated with ByteDance (the Chinese company that own it) as per FCC requirement. They cannot have the same headquarter, same server, same group of people in charge of daily operation.

For example

TikTok CEO is Vanessa Pappas
ByteDance CEO is Zhang Yiming

Well, most Russian people blame Putin for that.

Putin over the year hollowed out Russian economy and put it in his own pocket. I watched a video a few months ago on Youtube, a Russian vet talk about how much the government neglect the Military, Parts are either manufactured either substandard or do not have any parts at all. And all the defence contract were offered to Putin and his inner circle of Oligarch.

Yeltsin could have made a different, but then Putin is the person who drag Russia down.....
Yes, Yeltsin the CIA agent was the great Russian savior.

Alright I’m just going to stop reading your posts moving forward if that’s how you perceive reality.

Yes, Yeltsin the CIA agent was the great Russian savior.

Alright I’m just going to stop reading your posts moving forward if that’s how you perceive reality.
I never said Yeltsin is good, I said people prefer Yeltsin than Putin. They are both shit, I will say this.

But at lease when Yeltsin is in charge Russian median earning is around 1400 USD, with Putin In charge, that drop to 827. And 17 oligarch control 34% of Russian economy.

Put things in a little prespective, the median earning for an adult Indian is 1100 USD.

You don't have to believe me, ask any Russian if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom