What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I find funny the Russian videos where "they are giving humanitarian aid" to the populations in territories they occupy because they can't even provide enough supplies to their own men so they resort to looting.
FNKxrApXMAk110r.jpg

Not convinced they can take and occupy Kiev. Their still struggling in Kharkiv and smaller cities. Kiev is twice the size of Kharkiv

What do you think of Russian determination to potentially wage this war for years?

When it comes to U.S. energy production – and how we achieve energy security – it’s important to look at the facts. So here are 9 specifics..

1. Production is up, rising, and approaching records, yet Russia’s actions still leave our consumers vulnerable. It’s a reminder that real energy security comes from reducing our dependence on fossil fuels.

2. U.S. production of natural gas and oil is rising and approaching record levels: More natural gas than ever this year, more oil than ever next year, and, even with a global pandemic, more oil production this past year than during the previous administration’s first year.

3. The trendlines also point up. Oil production is up more than 700K b/d from Jan to Dec of last year, and is projected to be up more than 700K b/d from Jan to Dec this year, and to rise nearly 500K b/d to new record over the course of next year.

4. In fact, the U.S. was a net exporter of petroleum + petroleum products in each of the last two years, and will be a net exporter of natural gas for years to come.

5. We also know that producers have no shortage of opportunity, nor – after the high profits experienced last year – do they have any shortage of capital.

6. And on public lands and waters (and let’s not forget that nearly 90% of onshore oil production in the U.S. takes place on non-federal land): The industry holds more than 9,000 unused, approved permits to drill onshore.

7. Despite all this, even at this scale, domestic production has not insulated us from the price volatility of fossil fuels or the whims of those who control them, such as President Putin. Americans know that.

8. The only way to protect US over the long term is to become energy independent. That is why the President is so focused on deploying clean energy technologies that don’t require fossil fuels bought and sold on the global market, which will always be vulnerable to bad actors.

9. So as we navigate how to protect Americans and the global community from Russia’s further invasion of Ukraine, let’s remember to move past the talking points and ground this discussion in facts.

Brother- I fear this another Russian tactic. Too much white noise right now. But looks like the Russians may make a push for Kyiv.
Brother, I hope & pray that this is some Russian Tactic. If this becomes Nuclear War, it would be Catastrophe for the World.

It makes me sweep when I see images/videos of Ukrainians cities getting bombed, Civilians fleeing their homes, deaths. My Family experienced some of it during Sikh Genocide by then Government of India.

Praying sense prevails & this madness comes to end. 😞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom