What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are just going back to the cookbook many other nations have employed - use a force multiplier.

Kiev is defended by the best Ukrainian forces. They are very well equipped, NATO trained, and NATO standard. Thats a brutal fight waiting for the Russians.

A close look is all you need:

C040D3AA-EC3F-4B93-9429-7BDC54A8540E.jpeg

59ADDAC9-D1E3-42B0-A7A1-D9AACA79019C.jpeg
2C11F25C-648E-4351-BF98-C0A22D9F29FA.jpeg

2B7143F0-F570-40C9-920F-96CB83D16689.jpeg

Kiev is defended by the best Ukrainian forces. They are very well equipped, NATO trained, and NATO standard. Thats a brutal fight waiting for the Russians.
.. not to mention that they are better motivated given that they are defending their home.

But Russia will eventually overrun them. Perhaps within the next week.

That is not what I asked. Please don’t confuse me for a Russian sympathisers but I normally expect facts to go with such a bombastic statement as the one I challanged.

Appeasement never works with dictators. It did not work with Hitler. It did not work with Putin either :hitwall:

This is why I don't see this ending.

If Russian past track record is and indicator, they are ready to bury enemies their own bodies if needed.

I remember reading about Russian WW2 book. In Chechnya, they took grievous casualties, almost collapsed, but in the end won. Attrition warfare in its finest.

Putins idea is that he has more soldiers than Ukrainians have bullets.

Even if they will be really beaten back to their staging grounds, they will be coming back until a complete defeat.

Ukraine has no power at the moment to really overrun Russians enough for them to consider the war to be lost.

And even if they will hit that "the war is lost moment," they will wrap up, and regroup in a few years with draft covering for all lost troops. Even without military hardware, Russia still has 140 million people, of which most are rather obedient, and well educated to man sophisticated weapons.

Unless Ukraine can really capture territory from Russia, they cannot set a long term defensible line.

In other words, Putin will keep coming back matter what, unless Moscow falls.

Last edited:
This is why I don't see this ending.

If Russian past track record is and indicator, they are ready to bury enemies their own bodies if needed.

I remember reading about Russian WW2 book. In Chechnya, they took grievous casualties, almost collapsed, but in the end won. Attrition warfare in its finest.

Putins idea is that he has more soldiers than Ukrainians have bullets.
Russians are not the defenders in this war. It is not the same as it was in WW2. Attrition will not be at their side because the Ukranians have endless motivation to defend their homes. Heck, even the foreign legion is 20k strong already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom