What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia hasn't captured any major cities outside of Kherson

Moving goalposts is just a coping mechanism. Soon it'll be "Russia hasn't advanced into western Ukraine". I would hope that any incursion (a farm, a village, a city) would be indefensible but to be fair a major city is still better than 1 truck of supplies or even 100 trucks.

Russian equipment losses now, at minimum, exceed 800.

Moving goalposts is just a coping mechanism. Soon it'll be "Russia hasn't advanced into western Ukraine". I would hope that any incursion (a farm, a village, a city) would be indefensible but to be fair a major city is still better than 1 truck of supplies or even 100 trucks.

Russia has made little progress in the last 24-48 hours.

How much does a top notch comedian make in Ukraine (he is certainly not top notch, but for the arguments sake, lets assume he is) ?

100K $ a year? 200K$ after expenses, including all sorts of promotions (I am being very generous here). Ok lets give him 100K more.... still he would need like 1000+ years to make half a billion$ with that.

Both you and me know, there is only one possible way to pile it up in a corrupt country like Ukraine .... immense corruption!!

If a comedian is a more solid nation leader than Western one, I can only say that Western leaders are poor comedians.

Russian equipment losses now, at minimum, exceed 800.

Russia has made little progress in the last 24-48 hours.

Yep, and most of tanks are their best, post-USSR equipment.

I guess it's the equipment of Russian 1st tank army.

I am feeling guilty trying to write following because it will seem as if I am defending Russians, I am not. But have to bring this up because it's important to see if Ukrainians are deliberately trying to have civilian causalities or not.

This bridge was demolished on or prior to 25-Feb-2022 by Ukrainians themselves as reported by multiple pro-Ukrainian accounts (see img #5).
Firstly when they demolished it, they hurt few souls as seen by the van in the collapsed bridge (#6).

Then these civilians in quoted post are killed probably around 6-Mar as per the timestamp of tweets.

From 25-Feb to 6-Mar for almost 10 days Ukrainians didn't allow civilians to evacuate despite knowing that Russians were coming from this side.

Russians have repeatedly alleged that Ukrainians are using civilians as human shield and have not allowed to leave.

Now I will give weightage to Russian claims based on other pieces of evidence seen earlier like Ukrainian soldiers taken positions in Daycare/Kindergarten(#1), canon amid apartments (#2), bunkers on apartment roofs (#3), shooting the escaping civilians, killing mayor of their own city, and killing one of their own negotiators, etc. And based on that precedence I speculate that Ukrainians willfully started evacuation right when Russians were firing, as indicated by Ukr soldier's behaviour (#4) in the footage, and ducking journalist, both indicate that an active fire was going on, yet Ukrainians decided to allow civilians evacuate in direct fire. Based on precedence, Ukrainians wanted to have civilian causalities and a journalist was ready to capture that exact moment.

Lots of civilians can be seen in background (#4) leaving in direction away from collapsed bridge with luggage right when allegedly Russians are firing.

(#1)
1646600876831.png

(#2)
1646600696880.png

(#3)
1646600675538.png

(#4)
1646599936048.png

(#5)
1646601077707.png

(#6)

1= civilians killed at this location.
2= cameraperson probably a journalist.
3= collapsed bridge with a fallen van.
4= billboards.
5= church.
6= white high rise buildings.
1646600401211.png

1646600449982.png

1646601363107.png

1646600469399.png

After repeatedly watching the clip, it even looks staged? to me because fireball was smack in the middle of road and both civilians and cameraperson and soldier in black was equidistance from that fireball. Also the fence did not seem shaken by the explosion. Soldier in black crawled away then probably returned on feet.

Soldiers immediately turned to victims, Cameraperson to more exposed place, and turned their backs towards alleged Russians were they certain Russians won't fire any more shells?

Apparent injuries on civilians also don't look like they were fatally injured.
And one lady has clean face and hands and no apparent injury.
Now it's possible that blast wave might have killed them, but such a strong wave must scatter the luggage too.
And eye glasses on one guy are as if he laid down slowly and carefully. A body flung by a blast wave won't have eye glasses to well put in place.
No shrapnel damage on jackets.
Railing, coffee cup, plastic water bottle, and even a white tissue paper or a plastic bag, all indicate there was no blast of any lethal intensity.

1646608610220.png

1646626861050.png

1646609909032.png

Last edited:
It's recent's footage guessing by the weather.

Ukrainian forces in the east are still active.

Big question is how they are being resupplied so close to the enemy, or they just have a lot of supplies from the start due to them holding the line before the war started?

It seems Russias strategy at this point is to brute force this with numbers and mass artillery indirect fires at cities and population centers. Nothing else is working for them.

The regular tube artillery is still devastating in 2022.

Even old Soviet 122mm can deliver pinpoint accuracy if used by expert gunners, depending on how fresh is the barrel.

The drone video where they pop 3 tanks in a row using the drone as a spotter is good example.

122mm is still the cheapest indirect precision fire weapon armies can afford.

The general trend in armies around the world was to go for bigger bang, longer range, but this ignores that most of range increase will never be used, and a direct hit by 122mm in the roof will still take out any piece of armour today.

There are other means for artillery to deliver more firepower than going for bigger guns: MLRS, tactical missiles, and for bigger targets there is aviation.

For every target big enough for 155mm usage, the target can be taken out quicker, and more reliably by something else today.

Last edited:
Here is a "What-IF" scenario.
Lets forget nuclear for a while.

We have seen what a virus can do to the world.
What if some of those biological weapon labs gets hit and some nasty virus gets lose?

Honestly, one wrong move or "minor" mis-calculation can get out of hand very quickly.

And that makes me worried!

Fair enough I’m always open to the possibilities- a few years ago people would have dismissed the SARS Covid virus from Wuhan as the wet dreams of someone whose played too many resident evil games.

But that happened - I think that there is always a possibility for the unexpected but at the same time the propaganda is high on both sides - let’s see what happens- blinkin has authorised the transfer of aircraft to Ukraine.

What fruits will that decision produce - we all await with bated breath.

As a European, even though I'm in australia, I can tell you, I would rather a nuclear war than live under Russian control.

And if Russia is not stopped, we will be living under Russian control.

There are no circumstances where Russia gets to keep Ukraine. This is clear now. It will be defeated and humiliated, and it will learn to live with it, or the world will end, or at least Russia will end, The world will only end if Russia actually manages to launch properly. And it probably won't.
Stop being melodramatic.
Watching American propaganda only kills brain cells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom