What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ukraine removed nukes and Russia let them be. Now they want NATO nukes, so common sense dictates that agreement of not invading is trash.
There is nothing in the NATO charter that requires members to have nukes. So your argument is trash.

@dbc let me see you give negative rating for your fellow citizen being asked to go back to Pakistan by @gambit? Or that’s ok?

@The Eagle @RescueRanger why negative rating for one and not the other when the cause is berating one’s ethnic background?
Bilal I’ve reported both the Vietnamese trope and the other post by both respected members for moderation.

If you feel a member is breaching forum rules please use the report feature.

Why US funds NGOs and media around the world along the principle that it’s ok to criticize the state, the government, it’s policies and the state of the country in general and not willing to allow the same at home?
So why choose to live in a country and support these principals that you don't agree with. By living in the US and paying taxes there a person would by supporting those policies they don't agree with.

Polite notice to all - please don’t resort to abuse or personal attacks. Let’s be civilised, the war is in Ukraine and not on PDF.

Long after this conflict comes (hopefully) to a conclusion, we will all still be here and many of us are I’d like to thing (pdf friends).

So everyone please tone down the anger, these debates can get a little emotive but that is no cause for personal attacks or to lose one’s temper.

Might I suggest perhaps dipping out into another thread or listening to whale music 😂.

Let’s be kind to each other please.
Lol. It’s the go back to Pakistan that got me going.

My response here...

Fair enough.

But tell me, if you, and I say 'you' generically, are an advocate for theocracy, and given the history of theocracy, why is it unreasonable to call you, and again I say 'you' generically lest there be any misunderstanding, as someone who is undemocratic, not freedom loving, tyrannical, or even terroristic?

What the US stands for, there can be only opposites. The opposite of 'free speech' is 'anti free speech', not 'some free speech' or 'conditional free speech'. You cannot make a little bit of fire. It is physically impossible. Either you have the flame, or you have no fire. Either you have a circle or a square or a triangle, or you do not, there is no middle ground. If you blend a circle with a square, you will have something else, but never a circle or a square. If you want to change a particular policy, that is a different issue and I have no problems with pointing out flaws in policies or cultural issues. As a veteran, I hate to see homeless vets. I do not watch much movies because I think most movies sucks, except just to watch the progress of special effects. I do not like the wealth disparity but I do not condemn capitalism. I think most TV commentators are idiots but I do not believe in suppressing their comments. So in terms of ideological foundation, it is either you like US, or you do not. And if you do not like US, pack up and leave.

If you want to say that we have a superiority complex, do so. We do not care. Just as you chose to immunize yourself from our criticism, expect the same from Americans for yours.

But why? What conditions are/were there that compelled them to leave their birth countries? Am not interested in debating the particulars of every country, but only to point out that if you criticize US, examine why did you or your family left. It is not resorting to 'whataboutism'. It is about self examination BEFORE you criticize the country that made your life better.

Or be protective what made their lives better.

This is not the place to debate those issues. Use the search feature and resurrect old threads for that.

Maybe the commies had something to do with that?
All I can say is Hamartia has a much easier cubicle than you. Or desk if y'all work from home these days lmao 😂

@Hamartia Antidote wassup big bro?

There is nothing in the NATO charter that requires members to have nukes. So your argument is trash.

It may not "require" but it does give the option, like how nukes placed in Turkey. Doesn't require a genius to see this.

Lol. It’s the go back to Pakistan that got me going.
Yeah that was completely unacceptable for him to say that and it has been reported. Such behaviour is unacceptable and he’s not the President to make such demands anyway, just another random on an Internet forum.

So why choose to live in a country and support these principals that you don't agree with. By living in the US and paying taxes there a person would by supporting those policies they don't agree with.
There are so many people living in so many countries that don't support what their countries are doing.

When China or Russia uses same arguments against Uighurs or Navalny. They are crucified on world media very much like what media is doing right now.

But Americans should be allowed to use same arguments against it's own people?

So basically your argument is that anyone living in US has no right to disagree with any policy or criticize any aspect of the society? You are confusing principles with policy and in doing so you are actually contradicting with the principles that US at least claims to be based on.

As for paying the tax argument. That is precisely what gives them more right to show their opinion where they disagree.

And again. Why does US preach the exact opposite and actively fund media and NGOs around the world to do exactly that?

Yeah that was completely unacceptable for him to say that and it has been reported. Such behaviour is unacceptable and he’s not the President to make such demands anyway, just another random on an Internet forum.
Agreed. Then to top it, they support funding “free” media and “liberal” NGOs in Pakistan.

Bilal I’ve reported both the Vietnamese trope and the other post by both respected members for moderation.

If you feel a member is breaching forum rules please use the report feature.
I think I raised some very important questions against some very one sided arguments we're getting from US, Nato posters here.

Arguments I made essentially stand in line with intellectuals like Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn etc. I believe I haven't done nothing wrong.

I didn't like however my genuine arguments side stepped by my ethnicity and immigration status. Which is very futile to the arguments originally presented.

It may not "require" but it does give the option, like how nukes placed in Turkey. Doesn't require a genius to see this.
Then admit that the true reason for why Russia invaded Ukraine is not about NATO membership but about taking back what was lost after the Soviet Union collapsed. Is Turkey a former Soviet satellite?

I think I raised some very important questions against some very one sided arguments we're getting from US, Nato posters here.

Arguments I made essentially stand in line with intellectuals like Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn etc. I believe I haven't done nothing wrong.

I didn't like however my genuine arguments side stepped by my ethnicity and immigration status. Which is very futile to the arguments originally presented.
Please report and they will be reviewed by the mods. Anyone who resorts to attacking one’s opinion with a rebuke based on factors such as gender, race, colour. Ethnicity, nationality, gender identity etc is a shallow person and not worth engaging with.

It’s tragic but what Ukraine must understand and appreciate is a no fly zone will mean NATO aircraft potentially shooting down Russian aircraft and that will have very serious consequences.

Zelensky, like any other National leader is trying to save his nation and people and defend Ukraine and her Independence and integrity but at the same time he needs to understand that at the end of the day despite the warm words and other things Ukraine sadly is not a member of NATO.

One sided? That is hilarious considering how many Americans are in this forum in the first place. Now how many Americans are in this thread? Now what is the volume of comments blaming US for Russia invading Ukraine? Yea...It is one-sided. But sure as the sky is blue, it ain't for US, pal.

Explain what does this has to do with Russia invading Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom