What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia made that WRITTEN promise before 2008 when Ukraine was in possession of 1700 nuclear warheads. Can YOU even find that doc?

So Ukraine removed nukes and Russia let them be. Now they want NATO nukes, so common sense dictates that agreement of not invading is trash.

A person undermines their own arguments against a country and its first principals when they have chosen to live there and benefit from that countries first principals. It's a fair question, why choose to live somewhere if you are so critical of it, a person has the choice not to live there.
Why US funds NGOs and media around the world along the principle that it’s ok to criticize the state, the government, it’s policies and the state of the country in general and not willing to allow the same at home?

@dbc let me see you give negative rating for your fellow citizen being asked to go back to Pakistan by @gambit? Or that’s ok?
Suggesting an immigrant return to their country of origin if they are dissatisfied with their adopted home is a reasonable argument. While attacking a member for being of Vietnamese origin is not ok and against forum rules.

Suggesting an immigrant return to their country of origin if they are dissatisfied with their adopted home is a reasonable argument. While attacking a member for being of Vietnamese origin is not ok and against forum rules.
It’s not an argument. It’s just attacking the argument with the ethnicity card. A citizen of country has a right to criticize without the end all argument of you don’t like it then leave. It is an attack on ethnicity and basically denying the right to criticize to a person(or people) of certain ethnic backgrounds.

Or at least that’s what US preaches and would be nice if it practices the same.

It is a very faulty argument. Because those telling others to go back themselves have stolen land from Native Americans. They themselves are immigrants.

Also it is problematic. Because a good amount of US population ilare immigrants and you're essentially suggesting them to eliminate them from the democratic process protected by very explicit amendments in the Constitution.

Isnt his arguments valid though.
Youre skipping incovenient truths and answering them with unrelated one liners meant to attack the man and not adress the ball.You are not the only american on this forum to do this.
My response here...

To me its seems there is a section of americans who simply, excuse me, have superiority complexes. Not content with being a lone superpower, they want nothing less than total submission of the entire world. God forbid if you dont agree with them, for then you are not freedom loving, you are a terrorist, a tyrant, undemocratic and well you know all those tropes. Everyone knows that superiority complexes deep down is a inferiority complex. Maybe its all boils down to america orginially being a land of people who never made it in their home nation, be it extreme religious sectcs, destitute proverty, hunger or someone who was a outcast.
Fair enough.

But tell me, if you, and I say 'you' generically, are an advocate for theocracy, and given the history of theocracy, why is it unreasonable to call you, and again I say 'you' generically lest there be any misunderstanding, as someone who is undemocratic, not freedom loving, tyrannical, or even terroristic?

What the US stands for, there can be only opposites. The opposite of 'free speech' is 'anti free speech', not 'some free speech' or 'conditional free speech'. You cannot make a little bit of fire. It is physically impossible. Either you have the flame, or you have no fire. Either you have a circle or a square or a triangle, or you do not, there is no middle ground. If you blend a circle with a square, you will have something else, but never a circle or a square. If you want to change a particular policy, that is a different issue and I have no problems with pointing out flaws in policies or cultural issues. As a veteran, I hate to see homeless vets. I do not watch much movies because I think most movies sucks, except just to watch the progress of special effects. I do not like the wealth disparity but I do not condemn capitalism. I think most TV commentators are idiots but I do not believe in suppressing their comments. So in terms of ideological foundation, it is either you like US, or you do not. And if you do not like US, pack up and leave.

If you want to say that we have a superiority complex, do so. We do not care. Just as you chose to immunize yourself from our criticism, expect the same from Americans for yours.

Because its a good thing that people can come to a foreign nation and get a second chance to improve their lives.
But why? What conditions are/were there that compelled them to leave their birth countries? Am not interested in debating the particulars of every country, but only to point out that if you criticize US, examine why did you or your family left. It is not resorting to 'whataboutism'. It is about self examination BEFORE you criticize the country that made your life better.

When people rise from a disadvantaged position they may do one of two things: be humble or be arrogant and vengeful.
Or be protective what made their lives better.

American citizens are on average becoming relatively poorer than rest of the world. Wages has stopped growing since two-three decades ago, except for the richest 5%. Infrastructure is declining and there is huge crime and drug problem, extreme incarceration rates, not only compared to europe but even some developing nations.
This is not the place to debate those issues. Use the search feature and resurrect old threads for that.

For all its faults America is still a great nation i to this day choose to admire. But i think America after second world war lost its soul, something which became even more appearant after the end of cold war.
Maybe the commies had something to do with that?

Polite notice to all - please don’t resort to abuse or personal attacks. Let’s be civilised, the war is in Ukraine and not on PDF.

Long after this conflict comes (hopefully) to a conclusion, we will all still be here and many of us are I’d like to thing (pdf friends).

So everyone please tone down the anger, these debates can get a little emotive but that is no cause for personal attacks or to lose one’s temper.

Might I suggest perhaps dipping out into another thread or listening to whale music 😂.

Let’s be kind to each other please.

It’s not an argument. It’s just attacking the argument with the ethnicity card. A citizen of country has a right to criticize without the end all argument of you don’t like it then leave. Or at least that’s what US preaches and would be nice if it practices that same.
By starting this debate @gambit has achieved what he wanted.

To completely side track the line of thought about manufacturing war. Stealing land. Going back on signed treaties. Ignoring US population for foreign security interest. And hypocrisy in general.

Above all historical precedence for all of this. Going back centuries.

This video sums up post Spanish American War, James K Polk, A Jackson and Monroe doctrine United States very nicely.

A person undermines their own arguments against a country and its first principals when they have chosen to live there and benefit from that countries first principals. It's a fair question, why choose to live somewhere if you are so critical of it, a person has the choice not to live there.

A person can like and love aspects of their own country but have distaste for other aspectcs.

If a Russian citizen have a opinion that Russia has been acting agressive and bullying, and condems its foreign policy, you would certainly think he has the right and maybe even SHOULD do that. You would think its kinda strange if some other russian told him to leave russia wouldnt you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom