What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having a problem with displaying twitter media on the forum lately, if I repost a previously posted videos by some other, please warn me by quoting, I'll delete it immediately. Or you can report it to the Mods.
Noted

What would happen if Russia blow up a Western weapons shipment to Ukraine in Ukraine land/air space?
would it be used the Article V of NATO?

Article VI provides stipulations for Article V, and according to Article VI the answer is yes. With that said NATO is sending in weapons to Ukraine using private contractors, not uniformed soldiers, and they aren't crossing over the border into Ukraine rather driving up to the west of the Ukrainian border. Russia is mostly focused on Kyiv and everything east of the Dneiper river.

Article 6

“For the purpose of Article 5, an armed attack on one or more of the Parties is deemed to include an armed attack:

• on the territory of any of the Parties in Europe or North America, on the Algerian Departments of France 2, on the territory of Turkey or on the Islands under the jurisdiction of any of the Parties in the North Atlantic area north of the Tropic of Cancer;
  • on the forces, vessels, or aircraft of any of the Parties, when in or over these territories or any other area in Europe in which occupation forces of any of the Parties were stationed on the date when the Treaty entered into force or the Mediterranean Sea or the North Atlantic area north of the Tropic of Cancer.”

Article VI

Article VI provides stipulations for Article V, and according to Article VI the answer is yes. With that said NATO is sending in weapons to Ukraine using private contractors, not uniformed soldiers, and they aren't crossing over the border into Ukraine rather driving up to the west of the Ukrainian border. Russia is mostly focused on Kyiv and everything east of the Dneiper river.

Article VI
Actually they can send in uniformed soldiers, just in a different kind of uniforms, and call them volunteer corps. We Chinese did that in Korean war. People shouldn't be too dogmatic if they really want to help.

I kindly disagree with the Finland invasion.
There is nothing special for Russia to gain compared to what it would have to spend of recources.

Finland neither gives then access to Atlantic warm water ports or a significantly better position in the Baltic Sea, where they already have Kaliningrad and Access via sealane to the south of Finland. They would still be closed off from the Atlantic by Denmark-Sweden straits.

If Russia were to attack it would be mich easier game with Lithuania, with attack from both Belarus and Kaliningrad. I would say Poland is the major next prize if Russia wanted to go full Soviet mode, but i dont think they want to.

Finland is not only a realistic target but it is a significiant target and not because of sea-ports or warm waters but because of border location. It is a gate-way for incursions against Russia hence the reasons for the invasion being viable security measure against the ring of NATO forming against Russia

I guess China isn't a part of the world. Maybe Chinese are always considered aliens. We are resident aliens in this world.

How? Care to elaborate?

Finland is not only a realistic target but it is a significiant target and not because of sea-ports or warm waters but because of border location. It is a gate-way for incursions against Russia hence the reasons for the invasion being viable security measure against the ring of NATO forming against Russia

Finnish foreign minister has stated, talks about joining NATO is not on agenda.
He further said, in such times opinions of people can be influenced very fast, but we have to make rational decisions.

Something like that.

Actually they can send in uniformed soldiers, just in a different kind of uniforms, and call them volunteer corps. We Chinese did that in Korean war. People shouldn't be too dogmatic if they really want to help.

They can do that, and could be doing that. As for what I am aware of is individual European/North American countries using private contractors. Rather than a joint-NATO weapons distribution program. I do suspect they probably are using uninformed soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom