What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

The entire east europe hosts no foreign population citizens because nobody even goes there in the first place because they are poor these eastern european countries. It's all West Europe.

Besides I don't even understand why he has to be so passionate about it. It is his home and he has the right to not let anyone he doesn't want in and don't see why some even pressing him for other ways and the woman questioning didn't even asked him about that question.. But either way that is his home and you only let in whomever you want there is no pressure here and no reason even talking about just shout your borders and say no thanks... Example China takes literally nobody doesn't matter who European, African etc etc there is no migration at all zero and they are not insecure about it. No need to shout about it just do you and put it into the constiution

Maybe US is just comfortable with a 2-front war. :)

I don't think they are

I wish you'd look at the statistics.

Poland: inflicted 17k German casualties, destroyed 1000+ vehicles, shot down 270 planes. Took 1 month.

France inflicted 27k German casualties, destroyed 800+ tanks, shot down 1000+ planes. Took 3 weeks.

Ukrainian own claim is 4000 Russian soldiers, 200 tanks and 4 planes.

They're doing worse than France and Poland vs Nazi Germany.

Why are you comparing two different scales of warfare?
This post has a useless +ve rating.

The entire east europe hosts no foreign population citizens because nobody even goes there in the first place because they are poor these eastern european countries. It's all West Europe.

Besides I don't even understand why he has to be so passionate about it. It is his home and he has the right to not let anyone he doesn't want in and don't see why some even pressing him for other ways and the woman questioning didn't even asked him about that question.. But either way that is his home and you only let in whomever you want there is no pressure here
I don't think it is simply a case of someone letting some others in his home. It is a humanitarian crisis and accepting those who run away from a war is a humanitarian act, not some simple hospitality. A humanitarian act means to act based on humanity. Now, in this case, they seem to have different definitions of humanity.

I don't think it is simply a case of someone letting some others in his home. It is a humanitarian crisis and accepting those who run away from a war is a humanitarian act, not some simple hospitality. A humanitarian act means to act based on humanity. Now, in this case, they seem to have different definitions of humanity.

I am a firm believer in free choice whether it is humantarian act or whatever else. A person should have the right to invite whomever he pleases to his home and there is no crime in that..

Why are you comparing two different scales of warfare?
This post has a useless +ve rating.

What's the difference? Poland and France wasn't a total war yet. Right now Russia and Ukraine are in a high intensity conventional war but not total war.

I am firm believer in free choice whether it is humantarian act or whatever else. A person should have the right to invite whomever he pleases to his home and there is no crime in that..
That is true. Through this free choice, they reveal their true feelings and opinions. So long as they don't pretend to be humane, I am OK with it. But I am not OK with bullshit and hypocrisy.

Or at least most attractive at the moment. The world is filled with ideas. Some parallel and some contestant. Parallel ideas, we can live with. Contestant ideas, not so much.

Absolutely

Essential part of human psychology is the tendency to accept and admire winners. The west no doubt have been the winning team for soon 300 years. To emulate winners and their customs is also very natural for onwatchers.

But there are some pitfalls here too. Like all phenomena i nature, everything has a positive and less positive side. Forexample, what made America great also is becoming its bane; non-regulatory capitalism.

The Romans built a marvelous Empire that lastet for almost 300 years. But it crumbled so easily when it has played out its inner destination. Romans built on knowledge from those who came before them, and those who came after Romans tried to emulate them. So is knowledge improved on and passed onto next generation or next civilization. Just like that did also the west adopt islamic concepts and ideas, and built upon them according to its(wests) own image.

My sincere opinion, the animosity between Islam and the West is largely a constructed artifact. For all their appearant differences, they are essentially twins. The competition between them is originated in a geostrategical framework. Metaphysically they are brothers.

The west claims ancient Greek as its own great grandfather. But to the Greek, the western europe of its time was a wilderland full of wild forest and beast, its tribes mere primitive and barbaric. The Greeks had most of their interactions and knowledge exchange with not what was west of Athens, but rather what was to the south and east of it. If islam wanted to it could claim ancient greek as its own heritage, with a even stronger legitimacy than western europe. And for many centuries it did; through the Ottomans who clamied the title Caesar of Rum.

But there are some pitfalls here too. Like all phenomena i nature, everything has a positive and less positive side. Forexample, what made America great also is becoming its bane; non-regulatory capitalism.
Good lord! Where have you been in the last 300 years? America is notorious in regulations.

PS. It is interesting that Iran abstained from the UNGA vote??!!
What's interesting about it?
We do not support the Russian aggression in Ukraine. We don't support Ukraine because it is ruled by a Zio-Nazi asshole that is in bed with NATO, but that's all.

If anything, Iran was one of the first countries to recognize Ukraine's independence from the Soviet Union.

While there are lots of talk about Indias UN voting related to this war. One country that escaped this kind of discussion is surprisingly China. They have also abstained both the times at UNSC and UNGA while anyone would expect them to have voted in favor of Russia.

The one country that benefits from this war then any other countries is ''CHINA'' because the US was about to fortify the far east in Japan, South Korea, Guam and Okinawa but due to NATO eastern flank issues the US attention is diverted from the far east for atleast the next decade or half
What's to be fortified is far bigger than just in geographical domain, the 1% US is not stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom