What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now from Today the War has entered in the most dangerous phase....other countries now physically joind the Ukrainian resistance and from Day 1, Putin warned other to intervene.

in another move Ukrainian comedian has written a letter to EU/NATO to declare Ukraine as part of EU and full member of NATO.

Russia has already said that this will not be acceptable to Russia in any shape....The war will now become more intense and Complete annexation of Ukraine is very near.

DPR militia announces evacuation routes from ‘nearly-encircled’ Ukrainian city​

Residents of Mariupol can leave the city either west or east, a spokesman for the Donetsk People’s Republic has said
I can't believe we're still calling them a militia, when we all know it's a bunch of mercs and Russian regulars.

Now from Today the War has entered in the most dangerous phase....other countries now physically joind the Ukrainian resistance and from Day 1, Putin warned other to intervene.

in another move Ukrainian comedian has written a letter to EU/NATO to declare Ukraine as part of EU and full member of NATO.

Russia has already said that this will be acceptable to Russia in any shape....The war will now become more intense and Complete annexation of Ukraine is very near.
Lol

Molotov's shouldn't do any damage to armored vehicles. It's wrong in my eyes to kill someone over that. Just fire warning shots to scare people away and nothing more. Oddly enough, killing people over molotovs is more of an US/Israeli army thing. It's dehumanizing and criminal.
it does flatten tires o can leak inside to the crew you will be shot no doubt

Fighting has started in Mariupol if this is unconfirmed or on the outskirts but this claims that fighting has started in Mariupool

Last edited:
CNN/BBC seems covering armed conflict for the very first time .....even a gun shot is making heading....BC how did the bomb Iraq days and nights ...how Israelis are dropping hellfire on unarmed Palestinians every day.....do we see similar coverage?

This video alledges that the Ukrainians shelled this village upon retreating before it was captured by the DPR:

Conversation translated:

Cameraman:
This is the neighborhood came under DPR Control

Woman: We are healthy and continue to live

Cameraman: As the locals tell us the shelling started by the #Ukrainians immediately after they retreaded from this neighborhood.

Cameraman: What time did they leave yesterday

Cameraman: This is the neighborhood came under DPR Control

Woman: We are healthy and continue to live

Cameraman: As the locals tell us the shelling started by the #Ukrainians immediately after they retreaded from this neighborhood.

Cameraman: What time did they leave yesterday

Man: About 9 AM

Cameraman: After this the Ukrainian military retreated

Man: Yes

Woman and man talk over each other: About 9

Woman: You are a very kind person - we are sorry!
About 9 AM

Cameraman: After this the Ukrainian military retreated

Man: Yes

Woman and man talk over each other: About 9

Woman: You are a very kind person - we are sorry!

• Sad
Reactions: sur
Great post, I completely agree. Just to add to Russia's growing list of problems, a build up of NATO forces in the Baltics, Poland and Romania will also force Russia to reinforce its borders, which will now include the Belarussian border now that they have basically declared themselves a vassal state.

Even if NATO isn't directly involved on the ground in Ukraine, it will make it harder for Russia to reinforce those forces already deployed if they have to worry about 'NATO 'aggression'.
I actually have strong ties with Ukraine, I have lived in Ukraine for a while and have quite a few friends I met and I even serve with the man that command the 95th Brigade during 2014 uprising in Iraq.

A lot of people don't know this but the fact that Russia are going to Ukraine and destroy Ukraine is not a welcome move, a lot of Russian have root in Ukraine, I remember reading a report saying up to 1/3 of Russian either have root in Ukraine or have family member still in Ukraine.

And this is no doubt sapping the morale of the combat troop in Russia. And that I think would probably be Putin final undoing. He basically underestimated the connection between normal Ukrainian and Russian. It's like Biden ask the people in Chicago or Minnesota to invade Canada, most people have relative on both side...

Israel being an extension of America/Western Europe will likely have very rough relations going forward with Russia and Russia will support the frontline Arab states more than ever.
I have said time and againt that although I am against war as it benefits no one, a bipolar world is good for the Muslims world. In Syria hopefully tye Israeli Air raids can stop if the Russian threaten ti shoot them down. Israel will not want to fight Russia directly.

I use this thread to read usefull stuff, I've added about 60-70 posters to my already lengthy ignore list from this thread alone. You're on my very short list of people whose posts I bother reading, so I'm missing most of the armchair cheerleading (But I get it second hand everytime you and Jhungary engage with those on my ignore list).

I'm calling this Ukraine situation as I see it, one big mess that's only going to get messier.
Here are the EXTERNAL outcomes from what Poutine did...All in one week...
  1. Remind NATO of its original raison d'etre
  2. Got NATO to reorganize its forces
  3. Got NATO to rethink its budget
  4. Pushed neutral Finland and Sweden towards NATO
  5. Ruined Russian civil aviation
  6. Further ruined Russian economy
  7. Degrade Russia global image
  8. Revealed flaws and ineffectiveness of the Russian military
Granted, maybe item 8 is debatable because it may came from Poutine's originally restrained battle plans. But if that is true, then Poutine should have stayed a spy and left warfighting to the generals.

By sheer numerical superiority, Russia will take Ukraine. But Russia needs Ukraine and by 'needs', I mean Ukraine must be as functional a country as soon as possible in order to act as a geopolitical buffer. In this, there is little difference between Iraq and Afghanistan because the US needed both countries to be as functional as soon as possible under US guidance for Afghanistan not becoming a terrorist haven and Iraq not becoming a predatory state. Whether the US succeeded or not, there are plenty of existing discussions already so I will not get into those subjects here. Back in 1991, Desert Storm ground war lasted from Feb 24 to 28. On the 28th, the US declared a cease fire. Prior to the cease fire, Desert Storm air campaign lasted 30 days before the ground war. We do not see anything similar Ukraine. There was no 'shock and awe' but more like 'schlock and awshuck' from the Russian military. But by sheer numerical superiority, Russia will win.

So aside from the list of external outcomes, what can we expect from the coming guerrilla warfare? I do not believe the Ukrainians will be any less motivated than the Iraqi and Afghanistan insurgencies. The difference is that the Ukrainian insurgency will be much better supported in terms of global moral outrage, international finance, and qualitatively superior weapons. When Iraq fell, the ME did not got angry but actually breathed a sigh of relief. With Poutine, it is the opposite. Now tension increased, especially after Poutine made the nuclear alertness comment. Support for the Ukrainian insurgency will be even more assured.

Last edited:
What indication is there that this is part of an elite unit and nit conscript unit?

Here are the EXTERNAL outcomes from what Poutine did...All in one week...
  1. Remind NATO of its original raison d'etre
  2. Got NATO to reorganize its forces
  3. Got NATO to rethink its budget
  4. Pushed neutral Finland and Sweden towards NATO
  5. Ruined Russian civil aviation
  6. Further ruined Russian economy
  7. Degrade Russian global image
  8. Revealed flaws and ineffectiveness of the Russian military
Granted, maybe item 8 is debatable because it may came from Poutine's originally restrained battle plans. But if that is true, then Poutine should have stayed a spy and left warfighting to the generals.

By sheer numerical superiority, Russia will take Ukraine. But Russia needs Ukraine and by 'needs', I mean Ukraine must be as functional a country as soon as possible in order to act as a geopolitical buffer. In this, there is little difference between Iraq and Afghanistan because the US needed both countries to be as functional as soon as possible under US guidance for Afghanistan not becoming a terrorist haven and Iraq not becoming a predatory state. Whether the US succeeded or not, there are plenty of existing discussions already so I will not get into those subjects here. Back in 1991, Desert Storm ground war lasted from Feb 24 to 28. On the 28th, the US declared a cease fire. Prior to the cease fire, Desert Storm air campaign lasted 30 days before the ground war. We do not see anything similar Ukraine. There was no 'shock and awe' but more like 'schlock and awshuck' from the Russian military. But by sheer numerical superiority, Russia will win.

So aside from the list of external outcomes, what can we expect from the coming guerrilla warfare? I do not believe the Ukrainians will be any less motivated than the Iraqi and Afghanistan insurgencies. The difference is that the Ukrainian insurgency will be much better supported in terms of global moral outrage, international finance, and qualitatively superior weapons. When Iraq fell, the ME did not got angry but actually breathed a sigh of relief. With Poutine, it is the opposite. Now tension increased, especially after Poutine made the nuclear alertness comment. Support for the Ukrainian insurgency will be even more assured.
And finally the Muslim world will get a break from the genocide committed by America and the west. Shame on you. I really hope you pish the Russians and China is watching. The world now understands...White westerners will unite and use money as a tool. This is good 👍

And finally the Muslim world will get a break from the genocide committed by America and the west. Shame on you.
Let me go find a hankie to cry...:cry:

I really hope you pish the Russians and China is watching. The world now understands...White westerners will unite and use money as a tool. This is good 👍
I call this a 'Vegas' comment...As in what happened in Vegas, stay in Vegas. So what you said will essentially remain in PDF. Not even the Muslim world shares it.

Just for memory refresher....USA initiated 81 armed conflicts around the world from 1941 to 2022
Thanks. Memory refreshed. :enjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom