What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Russian effort has slowed, which I fear means terrible thing i.e. to speed things up they may start to level areas of resistance.

This is what I fear as well. The thing with wars are that they are hugely unpredictable. When things don't go as planned escalation is the only resort. I see this potentially escalating to Europe.

Russia will do whats necessary.

True.

Thanks to sanctions Russian oligarchs will be forced to transact its mineral wealth via China on terms favourable to the Chinese. That in itself is a big win for the Chinese.
A prospect Russian oligarchs will find particularly repugnant since it will severely limit their returns.

Frankly, I suspect Putin's days are numbered. A new Russian leader will likely emerge restoring the détente with the west.

Dude you're back, so are several other long time members. Hope you are well.

Thanks to sanctions Russian oligarchs will be forced to transact its mineral wealth via China on terms favourable to the Chinese. That in itself is a big win for the Chinese.
A prospect Russian oligarchs will find particularly repugnant since it will severely limit their returns.

Frankly, I suspect Putin's days are numbered. A new Russian leader will likely emerge restoring the détente with the west.
But then China won't just inherit the Oligarch, but also the rubble pile that used to be Russia Economy....And it will take a lot of effort to restore it, seeing this is the endgame for Putin to get out of the economy woe he made during the last 10 years.

And yeah, seems like Putin is on the way out, well, I would say, he had his fun and his wealth being able to skim off just about everything in Russia. I would be pissed if I am Russian tho...because he just sold off my future.....and welcome 996.....

In my opinion, there is only one strategy that works in such a situation, and it is not go-slow/medium-in-the-hopes-of-a-rival-government-capitulating-when-it-has-global/Western-support in $$$/arms/diplomacy.

The only thing that could have worked was a 2-day blitz all the way to Kiev with the latest weaponry and overwhelming shock & awe deployed. Giving time for them to get re-armed with sophisticated anti-tank/air weaponry and economic aid while you get pummeled by sanctions and cyber warfare isn't a great strategic move.

Even now, I think the dial should be turned straight to 10, and all the best Russian armaments and units (under the nuclear threshold) should come into play in spectacular fashion for a 1-2 day cutting off and taming of the capital.

that's f***ed, bloodthirsty and racist

I know youre joking but things are escalating quickly now, if tactical nukes starts flying then Nuclear Armageddon is God forbid, inching closer to a reality. Not a single corner on earth will remain untouched.

I don't care... Less white people the better.. Besides , these white people must face the comeuppance for all the crimes they committed in Middle east and especially to muslim people.

Hope Putin escalates this.

Russia will do whats necessary.

Till now , Russians have been very careful to not cause civilian casualties. Ukrainians didn't give in infact they are piggy backing on NATO... I hope Russians pulverize them ...

This has backfired. Ukraine is now galvanized, re-armed, flush with support.

I don't mean to say that they can hold off Russia indefinitely, but time helps the defender. And now, taking the capital will be much more costly for Russia. Of course they can still do it --- but they could have done it much better ;)

Please fire the nukes.. I wanna see white people go boom boom

What a terrible thing to say.

The way Putin is behaving, this could be the end of him. It could also be the end of Russia. It wont survive as a country politically and economically isolated.

Putin has turned his country into North Korea or the Soviet Union, but without the ideology to follow. People will become communist al over the world, but how many will support a greater Russian empire? not a single country in the world.

EU is publicly funding the war against Russia, this is without precedent. Even in the Cold War, the arming of the Mujahideen was done secretly. Now they are telling the world what missiles Ukraine will kill Russians with.

Russia is not going to come out of this.

If it comes to Guerrilla style warfare then am afraid Russia would loose. We have seen in past how mighty global powers loose to local guerilla resistance in Vietnam and Afghanistan twice.

In my opinion, there is only one strategy that works in such a situation, and it is not go-slow/medium-in-the-hopes-of-a-rival-government-capitulating-when-it-has-global/Western-support in $$$/arms/diplomacy.

The only thing that could have worked was a 2-day blitz all the way to Kiev with the latest weaponry and overwhelming shock & awe deployed. Giving time for them to get re-armed with sophisticated anti-tank/air weaponry and economic aid while you get pummeled by sanctions and cyber warfare isn't a great strategic move.

Even now, I think the dial should be turned straight to 10, and all the best Russian armaments and units (under the nuclear threshold) should come into play in spectacular fashion for a 1-2 day cutting off and taming of the capital.

This is the thing. Russians are wasting precious time.

Arms and other support is reaching ukrainins which will make it very difficult to win. Russians should have gone hard from the get go.

I knew it would go badly for the Russians, but I didn't know it would be this bad.

I said they'd get beat up, but would win within a few days, and have a new puppet government ready. I have to take that assessment back...

The fact that the Russians have been so utterly incompetent in this war, and have achieved practically nothing, while now being forced to talk when they previously said they'd never do so, is utter humiliation for the Russians.

Its over for Russia's great power status, even if they win this war.

Last edited:
I don't understand the Russian use of heavy armour along well kept roads. They're just funnelling their forces to predetermined kill points (so many burnt out vehicles already). Mass infantry moving through the forests to take the Ukrainian anti-tank teams is what they should be aiming for. I think they're too impatient in all this, or they're running short of money for the war.

In order to break the resistance in Kiev in a few days, 80% of the city must be destroyed (or massive military casualties). This means a complete dead end for Russia. What puppet government can they install after killing tens of thousands of Ukrainian civilians?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom