What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldve guessed that the russians would have a very high civllian cassulty rate but i was suprised that they actually care tgey took the power station of kiev yet they didnt cut the power and have taken measure to limit cassulties on civillians while some "neo-nazis" as they call them just outright abolish this term with other natiolist and mistake civillian cars for russian spies by weapons given to them by the goverment, some ukranians who surrendred were treated greatly and one reasoned their surrendering with "Its better to have peace with our brethern than to fight them for an enemy who only made excuses"
Indeed. The fact that we do not see photos of Russian "genocide" on the front covers of the Western media now proves that the Russian army has been very cautious about civilian casualties, completely contrary to what Western assholes did to the Iraqi civilians.

Is defence.pk a american run website?
Or is it HQ in Pakistan?

I believe that it's a Pakistani owned and operated forum, but they allow a lot of differing opinions. You would think a Pakistani website won't have Indians, but this place is overflowing with them, which is the main reason I have mostly stayed away. But I guess it is good to be able to debate with people with all kinds of opinions.

I've seen many other forums where you can only post if you follow the official line of the owners. Anyone with a differing opinion is not allowed.

How is it a warcrime? You see a large enemy force you bomb it. Unless there was a ceasefire or the war ended, you attack them. Whether they are advancing or retreating.
Screenshot 2022-02-27 at 04-14-27 The Highway of Death.png

How is it a warcrime? You see a large enemy force you bomb it. Unless there was a ceasefire or the war ended, you attack them. Whether they are advancing or retreating.
It wasn't necessary.

That's your claim, not what Russian authorities have claimed, but even if so and even if we assume you're right, full invasion of Ukraine and wiping it off the map is not on the agenda for this war. It may be in future, but right now Russia is focusing on a national security matter rather than just expansionist ambitions. Russia doesn't want NATO right there at her border. It's just simple as that. They may annex some parts of Eastern Ukraine where Ukrainians of Russian origin are the majority, but they wouldn't go as far as invading all of Ukraine or take cities like Lviv, for example.

Oh yeah? You believe Putin then when he says Ukraine is controlled by Nazis and Ukraine shouldn't exist.

Spoken like someone with no knowledge of the subject:

“The law of armed conflicts clearly forbids the killing or wounding of an enemy who … is … hors de combat.” - examples of war crimes that could be considered as grave breaches of the 1949 Geneva Conventions include: “Denial of quarter (i.e., killing or wounding an enemy unable to fight due to sickness or wounds or one who is making a genuine offer of surrender).”

Any particular reason? It is indeed, Pakistan Defence Forum.
I love these questions.

Back in my days, the Cold War and Desert Storm, when I was active duty. It took time to create any kind of psyops such as pamphlets or videos. We are talking about video TAPES and mechanical printers. Yes, we were that primitive. :lol:

But not so today. So here is my take on these twitter feeds...

If a video is up close, of either persons or any hardware, put that video into the 'suspect' directory. When you are filming up close, the camera always crop out information and many of that crop are deliberate. A video/photo is more easily POSED if it is an up close and cropped shot. The content is much more easily controlled and edited by you.

On the other hand, look at the video of a tank veered off to run over a car. Wide view video/photo are more difficult to control as to its contents. Much more variables to consider such as clouds, trees, people, etc. Motion is the worst variable to try to control. It is better to take a wide view and zoom in at your convenience, rather than wait for someone else to do it because you do not know what was eliminated. Wide view videos/photos may lack in details and the video maybe shaky/jerky but at least it hint at some measure of authenticity.

It is not guaranteed but at least some reasonable guidance in this age of quickly created propaganda.

The question is:

Is the NATO the policeman of the world?

Yes I know,it's all about power and interests. But I can't listen to hypocritical statements from NATO leaders when they've gone on a tour bombing the world and meddling in other people's affairs.

And if Americans decide that Kosovo deserves independence,they can't say Crimea or Donbass can't be independent.

You know what I mean. Yes Saddam had to be stopped the first time. But all the countries who have meddled in the affairs of so many countries and literally changed them,can't complain about Putin and Russia.

It should NOT be in my view.

However, different countries (or political leaders of different countries) have sought assistance from NATO when up against overwhelming odds from time to time. Let us look at both sides of the coin in each case.

Ukraine have its internal problems but Russia have taken advantage of them lately. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy sought assistance from NATO to help him counter Russia - what else he could do? Russian sources and apologetics declared Zelenskyy a Nazi and a CIA plant which is disingenuous.

Zelenskyy felt the need to come clean on that not long ago.

Zelenskyy might not be very popular but he came to power through elections: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48007487

- and nothing suggests that much of Ukraine is totally fine with Russia invading the country and toppling Zelenskyy. Ukrainians in many parts of the country have volunteered to resist Russian forces instead. Whether they stand a chance or not, remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom