What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the recent escalation was solely caused by US/Ukraine, Ukraine wants to reignite the conflict in the east to pressure Germany to cancel Nord stream 2.

Ukraine will be ‘irreparably weakened’ if Russia & Germany allowed to complete Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, warns Kiev's deputy PM

Completing Nord Stream 2 will cost Kiev billions of dollars by ending Russia’s reliance on Ukraine for transporting gas, and therefore must be stopped, according to Aleksey Reznikov, the country’s deputy prime minister.

However Ukraine doesn't want a full scale war with Russia, they want to have a gradually increasing escalation in violence in the east to an extent that would be just enough to convince Germany to drop Nord stream 2 without pushing too far for war else Russia would smash them.
That is why Russia has sent it's forces to the border to send a message to Kiev that the Russians are just on the edge prepared to launch full scale invasion of Ukraine.

If Ukraine launches a full-scale war in Donbass, Russia will be forced to defend its citizens, says Putin’s deputy chief-of-staff

Russia will be forced to protect the residents of Donbass if Ukraine launches full-scale hostilities against the region. That’s according to Dmitry Kozak, President Vladimir Putin’s deputy chief of staff, who is himself Ukrainian.
Speaking on Thursday, Kozak claimed that a ramping-up of the conflict would lead to the end of Ukraine, with the Kremlin forced to stand up for its citizens living in the territory of Donbass. In recent years, Moscow has made it much simpler for those living in Ukraine to get a Russian passport, and many have taken up the offer.

I believe the current escalation in violence will be over once the Ukrainians realize they can't kill Nord stream 2 however it may take a while before they give up on trying to end the project.

Situation has the potential to turn extremely south!!! Russia looks like damn serious. Turkey is mediating to keep the Black Sea from turning into an inferno. Already enforcing the Montreux Pact 100% on the USN. Ukraine, unfortunately, is between the rock and the hard place.....
@T-SaGe my only question is, why would Russia do this military build up? they have Crimea right whats the issue now ?
They want the Imperial Russia back....

Situation has the potential to turn extremely south!!! Russia looks like damn serious. Turkey is mediating to keep the Black Sea from turning into an inferno. Already enforcing the Montreux Pact 100% on the USN. Ukraine, unfortunately, is between the rock and the hard place.....

They want the Imperial Russia back....
Turkey is not mediating for anything other than a Ukrainian war against Russia. I wonder how you feels about Turkey using Syrian headchoppers in multiple countries.
What a nice policy it is to use extremists to execute its foreign agenda. According to Syrian observer, the Turkish Govt is now planning to send Syrian so called "moderate jihadis" to be enlisted in Ukraine. Wow

Erdogan and company are ultimate flip floppers with no clear foreign policy ideology... They will just play on 5-6 different fronts like total amateurs, untill they time when the day of reckoning comes for them

(N.B If any moderator or admin removes my post let them make it clear how they find this offensive as by normal standard this is acceptable in pdf. I have always experienced that even acceptable criticism of Erdogan and company is deemed as unacceptable on PDF... Let's see if u guys let my post stand..I won't be surprised if u don't.)

Last edited:
Russia is moving everywhere, and here is my thoughts on 3 main nations to watch from naval power perspective, UK, Turkey and Japan, combined they have 2 x Carrier Strikes Groups (CSG) + 5 x Amphibious ready groups (ARG)

Arctic is being militarised and Russia in 2021 is as ambitious as ever

you dont become the largest country in the World by giving up land

NATO is now building a Comprehensive Strategy against Russia, this involves pretty much everyone in Europe

Japan, South Korea, Australia and South East Asian nations are also on board

United Kingdom
Royal Navy is on a massive expansion plan, 4 new SSBN are under development the new Dreadnaught Class, no other country has a answer to it not even the USN, the Dreadnaught Class 18,000+ ton monster submarines the largest ever built for the UK

2 x Queen Elizabeth Class Carriers largest ever built for the UK

New Type 26 and Type 31 FFG

7 x brand new Astute Class Hunter killers

Royal Navy will keep one CSG in the Northern Atlantic and 1 CSG East of Suez

a ARG made up of amphibious assault ships with Royal Marines will also be on stand by

the other country to watch is Turkey

Turkey is on a huge modernisation programme

1 x LHD + 2 x LST+ 7 x New LCT added to that 4 x Ada Class+ 4 x Istanbul Class + 4-6 x TF2000 very easily a ARG formed in the Eastern Mediterranean

there is talk of a second LHD and 2 more LST, so in theory by 2030 Turkish could have 2 x ARG

One deployed in Eastern Mediterranean and 1 deployed in Black Sea (if allowed by the convention)

Japanese Maritime Self Defence Forces

Massive naval build up, 2 x Izumo class, 2 x Hyuga Class + 3 x Osumi Class

4 x Kongo Class, 2 x Atago Class + 2 x Maya Class thats 8 AEGIS with BMD all 8 can launch the SM-3

in essence you have 2 very powerful ARG

so in conclusions I see this

UK
1 x CSG deployed in Atlantic/ North Atlantic
1 x CSG deployed East of Suez
1 x ARG ready to move at short notice in Mediterranean

Turkey
1 x ARG in Eastern Mediterranean
1 x ARG Black Sea

JMSDF
1 x ARG in South China Sea Area
1 x ARG in Pacific Ring

In Asia you can also add 2 x ARG from Australia and 2 x ARG from South Korea so an additional 4 x amphibious ready groups

all of the above combined fleet would look like a joke compared to the USN 11 x CSG + 11 x ARG which are bigger and more powerful

but they add critical mass to the entire programme to contain both Russia + China who really won't stand a chance

As far as I can understand, Turkey would like to stay as neutral as possible in this type of confrontation. (What I'm talking about is things getting out of control) The rise of tensions in the military sense could easily negatively affects Turkey. But politically, it is not possible for us to recognize the occupation of Crimea and the unilaterally declared structure in Donbas.

It's a serious dilemma. There is an extensive circulation of news about the Crimean Ethnic Turks in the Turkish media. Public awareness is very sensitive on this issue, and this is also an issue that can easily be agitated by populist discourses. On the other hand, from AKKUYU NPP to S-400 purchases, from Karabakh to Syria, Russian-Turkish relations deepening than ever before.

ps:
An example of counter-propaganda activities from Russian consulate in Turkey. Technically it is similar to Cgtn productions. Crimean Turkish is almost the same with our dialect, a significant advantage in terms of communication. Both parties want to use it.

Last edited:
Chief of General Staff Gen. Yaşar Güler made a phone call with the US Chief of General Staff Gen. Mark Milley. Then, US notified Turkey for cancellation of the transition of two warships bound to Black Sea from Bosphorus.

As far as I can understand, Turkey would like to stay as neutral as possible in this type of confrontation. (What I'm talking about is things getting out of control) The rise of tensions in the military sense could easily negatively affects Turkey. But politically, it is not possible for us to recognize the occupation of Crimea and the unilaterally declared structure in Donbas.

It's a serious dilemma. There is an extensive circulation of news about the Crimean Ethnic Turks in the Turkish media. Public awareness is very sensitive on this issue, and this is also an issue that can easily be agitated by populist discourses. On the other hand, from AKKUYU NPP to S-400 purchases, from Karabakh to Syria, Russian-Turkish relations deepening than ever before.

ps:
An example of counter-propaganda activities from Russian consulate in Turkey. Technically it is similar to Cgtn productions. Crimean Turkish is almost the same with our dialect, a significant advantage in terms of communication. Both parties want to use it.

Always pleased to see your posts.

I don't see any chance for a Ukrainian victory here if war breaks out. Surely Ukrainian strategists aren't this stupid to start a war with Russia.

I don't see any chance for a Ukrainian victory here if war breaks out. Surely Ukrainian strategists aren't this stupid to start a war with Russia.

Russian ships started exercises in the Black Sea. Russia certainly sends the message that it is ready for every eventuality. NATO's MPA flights continue, but the US has backed down in bringing its warships to the Black Sea. Russia continues to retain the tactical advantage by playing the cards in the right order.

edit: Russia has announced it will close the strategic Kerch Strait which connects the Black Sea and Sea of Azov, starting next week until October 2021. https://interfax.com.ua/news/general/737914-amp.html

Last edited:
Russian ships started exercises in the Black Sea. Russia certainly sends the message that it is ready for every eventuality. NATO's MPA flights continue, but the US has backed down in bringing its warships to the Black Sea. Russia continues to retain the tactical advantage by playing the cards in the right order.

edit: Russia has announced it will close the strategic Kerch Strait which connects the Black Sea and Sea of Azov, starting next week until October 2021. https://interfax.com.ua/news/general/737914-amp.html

Lmao.. Off-topic! The Sea of Azov for some weird reasons reminding me about azog the defiler

d7b056bf4198e8fb040286c009db4fd9--middle-earth-hobbit.jpg

Some satellite photos about Russia's increasing military buildup in Crimea:
EzMbdhJUcAA9Ktv

EzMbdxmVgAUpNw1

EzMbeHOVoAc3ltU

EzMbeajVUAgK_v_

Lmao.. Off-topic! The Sea of Azov for some weird reasons reminding me about azog the defiler

d7b056bf4198e8fb040286c009db4fd9--middle-earth-hobbit.jpg

Azog matches much closer to Gozer, from Ghostbusters. You know those guys in the brown coveralls (like German Nazi brown shirts) who fight a being all in white (Catholics, Templars (red and white)).

Russians do have red and white in their flag as do Canadians, Americans, the British, French, Italians, Poles....

All Russian speaking area will definitely go with Russia like lughansk,donetsk and kharkov,their is already a big divide between Russian n Ukrainian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom