What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Americans don't give two hoots about Pakistan. They were cleaning our house in the first place. 80k lost their lives in Pakistan and you defeated them. Economy is in shambles and you defeated them. They toppled an elected government and place their stooges to further destroy Pakistan and you defeated them .Anyways this is not the topic of discussion. Russia is in quagmire and cannot step back. Money and weapons will flow from West to Ukraine, not sure who is going to help poor ruskies.

LOL it is you who started about Afghanistan and Pakistan. So you admit that the Americans are not a friend of Pakistan and have harmed Pakistan in every way possible?

You seem to care more for your American poodle friends than you do for Pakistan.

Russia is pouncing Ukraine and I don't give a hoot.

Last edited:
What happened to the successful counteroffensive reported here? Good lord, surely the "experts" weren't wrong again
which successful counter offensive?

3 Counter Offensive are currently in play, in Kherson, North of Kharkiv and Sivereodonetsk

The Kherson front diminished Russian line by 10Km inland and Ukraine occupied the River Inhumluts.

THe Kharkiv front the Ukrainian is pushing the Russia back and now within 70km (MLRS range) of Kupiansk

In Sieverodonetsk, the city is now divided in 2, Ukrainian hold Southern Industrial Zone and Russian is holding the Northern and Eastern Settlement. The grinding continue.
That is a questionable statement.

Seeing this war has only been ongoing for about 3 months…

Based on previous experience with the Russian Army…

It's far too early to make any realistic judgement — whatever armchair-generals and NATO fanboys/girls say.

You actually can, there are no way in tactical and operational term to achieve what Russian is setting out to achieve. Since they do not follow a traditional rule of combat, you take land, not city.

The only assumption one can make for Russia to turn this war around is as if Ukrainian give up right now and do nothing. Or the west stop supporting Ukraine (Not sure even if this would be any different if the west stop supporting Ukraine with heavy weapon) Russia force like in March, have culminated. Which mean they have achieved what they can at the current circumstance.

I don't see Russia be able to make any significant gain after this.

Secondly, if they're losing so badly then why haven't they been pushed out yet?

The thing is, they are. As I said, they were pushed 10km closer to Kherson and off the west bank of Inhulets river and all the way outside their Railway support in Kharkiv and as of right now, the entire Russian Northern Line of Communication in Kupiansk are within MLRS range, which mean when not if, those M270 and HIMARS came, they are going to pound Kupiansk and taken out the entire Northern Supply line. And as long as Russia focus on Sieverodonetsk, they aren't going to push the Ukrainian back.

As I explained 2 days before, this is exactly why Ukrainian counter attacked now instead of wait til Russian settle in Sieverodonetsk, as long as they keep doing so, it draw the Russian troop in the region, kind of like how Ukrainian uses Mariupol to stop Russian advance in the East, where they were blogged down for at least 50 days, the only different is, back then Ukrainian does not have heavy weapon they can counter attacked, they do now. And they are doing it now. And if Ukrainian loses Sieverodonestsk, that's not a big deal, it's not a transport hub, it's not an industrial base, it's not a strategic important city.

Why is about 20% of Ukranian territory under Russian control?

Again, 21 % of land is under Russia control, however, 11% of those (Donbas and Crimea) are already under Russian Control(well separatist, but same, same) since 2014 anyway, so for this 104 days of war, they took roughly 9% of Ukrainian land, effectively that 1 day in 2014 have fare much better than the entire 104 days of war......Also, that number also decreased from Feb 24, before it was around 34% (WIth North Kyiv, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Kherson, Donbass) then it was somewhere around 25% in April when Russia vacated Kyiv and Chernihiv, then it was 21% now since May when Russia vacated Sumy, Kharkiv and only Donbas and Kherson left.

Why is Russia advancing and that area seems to be increasing?

Finally, why does the Russian military seem to be able to bomb targets all over Ukraine — given that even cities in West Ukraine have to regularly take cover from air attacks and the Russian Army is in the East of the country?
They can't target the entire Ukraine, they can at most lob missile on Western Part of the Ukraine, and that too had gone dry, there are only 16 missile attack in West Ukraine (including Mykolaiv) for the entire May. I won't say it was "Regularly" being bomb, I was in Kyiv for 6 weeks, and Kyiv is only bombed once (When the UN guy came).

Losing?

Maybe

You need to look at the big picture, not just localised fighting, the entire war in 3 months Russia has losing a lot of ground since. And even with a concentrated attack, they are not gaining enough ground to achieve their Strategic Objective, which is to secure the entire Donbas. Given if they have enough resources to actually pull this off, with the current advance rate (around 500 meters to 1 km a day, it would take them around 2 years to complete the Donbas, another 2 years to get to Odessa......

The Russians have gained a few dozen kms in the past month, at a glacial pace, and at a massive cost. The Russians are nowhere close to achieving their goals.

Meanwhile, another 7,000 anti tank weapons and long range advanced rocket artillery are coming. The Russians are going to continue to get weaker and weaker.

We will see. Did you find the WMDs in Iraq?

You are welcome to bring any other source you like , that points to Your country Iran and Russia , being on top when it comes to freedom of speech.

Other than the source " because i said so "

~

There was no "because I said so" in my last reply, where I formulated concrete, detailed reasons underlying my conclusion. In fact the RSF ranking you treat as objective truth is akin to "I said so" because there is no visible justification nor any explanation given, only Reporters Beyond Borders, a biased organization saying so.

There was no "because I said so" in my last reply, where I formulated concrete, detailed reasons underlying my conclusion. In fact the RSF ranking you treat as objective truth is akin to "I said so" because there is no visible justification nor any explanation given, only Reporters Beyond Borders, a biased organization saying so.

In other words you have no source to support your claim that Iran is not , one of the worst countries , when it comes to freedom of the press . far behind what is custom in the west , unlike what you falsely claimed.

And you expect us to believe that a Muslim dictatorship has more freedom of speech than western democracies , yet cant bring one source to support your claim.

People here might think you are not telling them the truth.

Why are you trying to mislead the people in this forum ? Not all are blind here.

Iran freedom of the press , 178 out of 180 countries :

177Turkmenistan25.01
178Iran23.22
179Eritrea19.62
180North Korea13.9

Last edited:
which successful counter offensive?

3 Counter Offensive are currently in play, in Kherson, North of Kharkiv and Sivereodonetsk

The Kherson front diminished Russian line by 10Km inland and Ukraine occupied the River Inhumluts.

THe Kharkiv front the Ukrainian is pushing the Russia back and now within 70km (MLRS range) of Kupiansk

In Sieverodonetsk, the city is now divided in 2, Ukrainian hold Southern Industrial Zone and Russian is holding the Northern and Eastern Settlement. The grinding continue.

You actually can, there are no way in tactical and operational term to achieve what Russian is setting out to achieve. Since they do not follow a traditional rule of combat, you take land, not city.

The only assumption one can make for Russia to turn this war around is as if Ukrainian give up right now and do nothing. Or the west stop supporting Ukraine (Not sure even if this would be any different if the west stop supporting Ukraine with heavy weapon) Russia force like in March, have culminated. Which mean they have achieved what they can at the current circumstance.

I don't see Russia be able to make any significant gain after this.

The thing is, they are. As I said, they were pushed 10km closer to Kherson and off the west bank of Inhulets river and all the way outside their Railway support in Kharkiv and as of right now, the entire Russian Northern Line of Communication in Kupiansk are within MLRS range, which mean when not if, those M270 and HIMARS came, they are going to pound Kupiansk and taken out the entire Northern Supply line. And as long as Russia focus on Sieverodonetsk, they aren't going to push the Ukrainian back.

As I explained 2 days before, this is exactly why Ukrainian counter attacked now instead of wait til Russian settle in Sieverodonetsk, as long as they keep doing so, it draw the Russian troop in the region, kind of like how Ukrainian uses Mariupol to stop Russian advance in the East, where they were blogged down for at least 50 days, the only different is, back then Ukrainian does not have heavy weapon they can counter attacked, they do now. And they are doing it now. And if Ukrainian loses Sieverodonestsk, that's not a big deal, it's not a transport hub, it's not an industrial base, it's not a strategic important city.

Again, 21 % of land is under Russia control, however, 11% of those (Donbas and Crimea) are already under Russian Control(well separatist, but same, same) since 2014 anyway, so for this 104 days of war, they took roughly 9% of Ukrainian land, effectively that 1 day in 2014 have fare much better than the entire 104 days of war......Also, that number also decreased from Feb 24, before it was around 34% (WIth North Kyiv, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Kherson, Donbass) then it was somewhere around 25% in April when Russia vacated Kyiv and Chernihiv, then it was 21% now since May when Russia vacated Sumy, Kharkiv and only Donbas and Kherson left.

They can't target the entire Ukraine, they can at most lob missile on Western Part of the Ukraine, and that too had gone dry, there are only 16 missile attack in West Ukraine (including Mykolaiv) for the entire May. I won't say it was "Regularly" being bomb, I was in Kyiv for 6 weeks, and Kyiv is only bombed once (When the UN guy came).

You need to look at the big picture, not just localised fighting, the entire war in 3 months Russia has losing a lot of ground since. And even with a concentrated attack, they are not gaining enough ground to achieve their Strategic Objective, which is to secure the entire Donbas. Given if they have enough resources to actually pull this off, with the current advance rate (around 500 meters to 1 km a day, it would take them around 2 years to complete the Donbas, another 2 years to get to Odessa......

NO

Some people on this PDF are overly optimistic in thinking that Ukraine is beating Russia, influenced by the surprise expressed in media about the struggle of the Russian army.

However, the media (or at least the serious ones) are all saying that Ukraine is being pushed back. What is surprising is how the Russian army, thought to be one of the strongest army in the world, is underperforming. It doesn’t mean Russia is losing. It means Russia is winning at a far higher cost than anticipated.

Some other people on HERE have mentioned a narrative shift in medias, how they were saying Ukraine was winning last week and how they now say Ukraine is losing. However, if one actually reads the medias like BBC & Co, it’s easy to see that the narrative hasn’t changed: Ukraine is losing far slower than anticipated

NO

Some people on this PDF are overly optimistic in thinking that Ukraine is beating Russia, influenced by the surprise expressed in media about the struggle of the Russian army.

However, the media (or at least the serious ones) are all saying that Ukraine is being pushed back. What is surprising is how the Russian army, thought to be one of the strongest army in the world, is underperforming. It doesn’t mean Russia is losing. It means Russia is winning at a far higher cost than anticipated.

Some other people on HERE have mentioned a narrative shift in medias, how they were saying Ukraine was winning last week and how they now say Ukraine is losing. However, if one actually reads the medias like BBC & Co, it’s easy to see that the narrative hasn’t changed: Ukraine is losing far slower than anticipated
Well, I said what I said and why I say it and why do I think it is like this.

I cannot argue with "NO" and wipe out all my professional expertise without a proper explanation.

Say for example, Ukrainian are confirmed to be within 70km from Kupiansk, I mean what would you think when the HIMARS and MLRS that the West Pledge started coming? They bomb KUpiansk and that railway bring Russian troop and supply not just from Belgorod, but also from Valuysky, which is North and East, and this is going to happen, and unless you think MLRS and HIMARS somehow will not be in Ukrainian hand or they can't reach that 70km despite the range of these weapon far exceed 80KM. The Ukrainian are going to bomb Kupiansk whether you like it or not, and I don't know which army you serve can conduct sustain warfare when the major Line of Communication serving your sector is disrupted.

I mean, if you believe in Russia is winning, well, that's your business.

In case you are wondering, I made my own decision, and I don't listen to what "MSM" has to say, I write sitrep report and predicted at least 70% of the event. I mean if you think a simple "NO" would be suffice to counter what I said, then well, I don't know what to tell you...

Last edited:
In other words you have no source to support your claim that Iran is not , one of the worst countries , when it comes to freedom of the press . far behind was is custom in the west , unlike what you falsely claimed.

And you expect us to believe that a Muslim dictatorship has more freedom of speech than western democracies , yet cant bring one source to support your claim.

People here might think you are not telling them the truth.

Why are you trying to mislead the people in this forum ? Not all are blind here.

Iran freedom of the press , 178 out of 180 countries :

177Turkmenistan25.01
178Iran23.22
179Eritrea19.62
180North Korea13.9

Don't be redundant now. I demonstrated with rational arguments and citing several concrete, verifiable facts why this ranking is a joke when it comes to Iran.

Your vaunted source provides no justification for its conclusions. Only "we, an NGO serving the interests of the west are saying so, and therefore it must be true". Reasonable people won't be content with a blanket charge like this.

And even if they expanded upon it elsewhere, my response will stay the same and it will neutralize their allegations.

Now let us stay on topic and discuss what sort of "freedom of speech" this is when Russian-friendly users get censored and banned from western-based "social media" and when western regimes and the EU restrict the freedom of Russian news outlets such as RT and Sputnik while allowing disinformation against Moscow to be spread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom