What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Oldman1 What did I say about British M270??

3 units as per BBC World Service - plus the 4 the US are sending. It all adds to Ukrainian capacity.

Fake news
Der Bundesnachrichtendienst is a secret service, will never say such thing, least in public.
This Sirius report twitter handle just posts shitposts without citing any source.his sources are mainly as follows:

1654495216447.jpeg

3 units as per BBC World Service - plus the 4 the US are sending. It all adds to Ukrainian capacity.

This Sirius report twitter handle just posts shitposts without citing any source.his sources are mainly as follows:

View attachment 851772

7 is not enough, hope they send more (Although I don't think the UK had that many M270 MLRS to begin with)

The good number would be at least 2 regiment worth. Or 4 if they can to do both Kupiansk and Sieverodonetsk, but to change the tempo, well, you probably need to have 10-14 regiment of MLRS. 3 for each front (Kherson, Kharkiv, Kupiansk, Sieverodonetsk) with 1 reserve each. But probably that would be too much to ask...

View attachment 851772
I think that’s fair Mods should demand posters to give original sources or least links to citations. There are lots of disinformation.

@LeGenD

Fake news
Der Bundesnachrichtendienst is a secret service, will never say such thing, least in public.
I checked and this one seems to add up:

However they are misrepresenting it.
First they mostly talk about the donbass defences. (Though if they collapse there russia can dig in and dislodging it will be extremely difficult)
Secondly. Most intelligence services were greatly underestimating ukranian fighting resolve.
Thirdly, it is also an internal piece to push for heavier arms from germany.
Fourth. These arms are now given (tanks and mobile artillery now reaching frontlines) which makes their estimated “fear” slightly outdated.

However, still a critical time for donbass thats for sure. The russian artillery was hammering the ukranians. Hopefully the tide is turning and the worst of that is over.

I am mildly positive seeing the lack of breakthroughs, seeing the fronts mostly holding, seeing counterbattery fire and counter attacks. Increasingly with western weapons.

First they mostly talk about the donbass defences. (Though if they collapse there russia can dig in and dislodging it will be extremely difficult)
Secondly. Most intelligence services were greatly underestimating ukranian fighting resolve.
Fourth. These arms are now given (tanks and mobile artillery now reaching frontlines) which makes their estimated “fear” slightly outdated.

However, still a critical time for donbass thats for sure. The russian artillery was hammering the ukranians. Hopefully the tide is turning and the worst of that is over.

I am mildly positive seeing the lack of breakthroughs, seeing the fronts mostly holding, seeing counterbattery fire and counter attacks. Increasingly with western weapons.
It depends on when is this assessment made.

Ukraine only counter attacked 3 days ago, if an intelligence assessment come thru BEFORE that, the situation is really kind of grim because Russia took roughly 80% of Sieverodonetsk on the first 4 days (May 27-June 1) and IIRC even MI6 Brief said Sieverodonetsk is going to fall within weeks. But then the counter attack started around June 2 and Ukrainian took back a lot of ground, this is going to change the matrix and made whatever made before June 1 invalid.

As for the overall situation, it's hard to tell, strangely, it's not Sieverodonetsk that hold the keys to how long can Ukraine defend made a stance there, but rather it would be on whether or not Russia can break thru from Lyman and threaten Lysychansk or whether or not Russia can take T1302 - Bakhmut-Lysychansk highway. If neither were taken, Ukrainian can feed Sieverodonetsk almost indefinitely (Depends on how far would the Ukrainian want to commit to the fight) If either objective is taken by Russia, then it will be threaten rear area of Lysychansk and the Ukrainian would need to consider to withdraw in order to preserve its force.

But either option is weeks, if not months away from needing to be made.

Gotta love Ukraine sense gor humor.

This general was nr. 11 killed yesterday

roman-kutusow.jpg

Ukraine says he got demilitarized and denazified xD

@Vergennes @Foinikas @Han Patriot

Keep in mind the BND is as informed as the local rabbit breeder association. Its not a real secret service. When Russia attacked in 24th february the BND leader was in Kiew unaware whats going on and had to be evacuated.

Ok assuming the report is correct then only concerning of the Donbas. Well, everything can happen. Ukraine defense can fall apart within 4-5 weeks. Or Putin can fall off the balcony and the war ends. Prior the war the secret services BND, CIA, FSB had expected Ukraine would surrender with a week.

British Defense: fierce battles in Donbass and Russian forces are advancing
@AlArabiya_Brk

Urgent | British intelligence: Russian forces targeted the railway infrastructure in the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv, in the early hours of Sunday
@AlainBRK

Urgent | British intelligence: Russian forces continue to advance towards the city of Sloviansk as part of their attempt to encircle Ukrainian forces in Donbass
@AlainBRK

Ukraine admits that its forces have retreated in the city of Severodonetsk
@SkyNewsArabia_B

Anyone who served would understand this vid well, so this is for those who never served but want to understand how could the Russian military performed so poorly. It is one hr long and contains many details so best watch uninterrupted.

Finally, the title could also be 'How Corruption Destroys Armies - Theft, Graft, and China failure over Taiwan'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom