What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are already inside russia. Who do you think blows up all those factories, train railways, ammo plants and fuel depots.

You mean those 5% morons and russian 5th column. They have zero influence in european politics.

Thats what you dont get, its not about Ukraine. Putin wants attack Europe next. So killing as much russian troops in Ukraine is essential, cutting all trade, energy ect is done too.

Stop spreading lies, Macron and Schultz has both talk to Putin about peace settlement, apparently you did not get the memo. America and Britain will be Eu's biggest enemy for the foreseeable future because Euro as competing fiat currency/slash multipolar world hurts American/British economic Interest, you're too blind to see the realities.

America's core interest is 5 eye nations, UK, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia as an Axis of global power, not EU. UK did not accidently leave the Euro zone.

Last edited:

Negative views of Russia mainly limited to western liberal democracies, poll shows

Surprised to see Saudia and Morocco have people with positive views about Russia.

They are already inside russia. Who do you think blows up all those factories, train railways, ammo plants and fuel depots.

Sources for these news items please. And about railways there was one train that got derailed because of landslide on the tracks and NATO press immediately declared "Ukraine resistance in ebeel Russia !", LOL.

You mean those 5% morons and russian 5th column. They have zero influence in european politics.

You denigrate them but I thought Europe was a "liberal democracy" where people are listened to. :D

Thats what you dont get, its not about Ukraine. Putin wants attack Europe next. So killing as much russian troops in Ukraine is essential, cutting all trade, energy ect is done too.

We have discussed this before. Russia was once the USSR, an advanced society with much experience in space operations including and in computing and other technologies. Now too. Better for Europe to have educational, cultural and technological ties with Russia than the one playing you Europeans - USA government.

And you forgot the most French of all Nazis, Vichy Nazis!
I didn't read the previous conversation,but one shouldn't include Franco and Petain among "Nazis". Unless of course,you're being sarcastic.

Apollon is back from his weekly ban and ready for fighting Russia on the keyboard?

You talk as if EU / Europe and Ukraine have people of the same mind. There will be many in Britain, Italy, Greece ( @Foinikas included ), Turkey, your Germany too, Poland, maybe France and other places too who will be opposed to Zelensky, his Nazi military and to his NATO masters.
There are thousands of people who don't like Zelensky or are at least suspicious of USA and NATO promoting him. In the Balkans,in Italy,in Turkey and even in the Middle-East.

There thousands of people who don't like Zelensky or are at least suspicious of USA and NATO promoting him. In the Balkans,in Italy,in Turkey and even in the Middle-East.

Indeed. And @Apollon hasn't acknowledged that even within Ukraine Zelensky has banned the opposition parties and done grave crimes against Ukrainians.

Surprised to see Saudia and Morocco have people with positive views about Russia.

Sources for these news items please. And about railways there was one train that got derailed because of landslide on the tracks and NATO press immediately declared "Ukraine resistance in ebeel Russia !", LOL.

You denigrate them but I thought Europe was a "liberal democracy" where people are listened to. :D

We have discussed this before. Russia was once the USSR, an advanced society with much experience in space operations including and in computing and other technologies. Now too. Better for Europe to have educational, cultural and technological ties with Russia than the one playing you Europeans - USA government.

USSR was a facist murderous regime.

Its better for us to destroy mordor.

I didn't read the previous conversation,but one shouldn't include Franco and Petain among "Nazis". Unless of course,you're being sarcastic.

Apollon is back from his weekly ban and ready for fighting Russia on the keyboard?

There are thousands of people who don't like Zelensky or are at least suspicious of USA and NATO promoting him. In the Balkans,in Italy,in Turkey and even in the Middle-East.

Not just on keyboard buddy.

Personal made a russian be kicked from our sports club. I dont want train with enemy nearby.

View attachment 849202View attachment 849203
Why did we do this , talk about axing your own feet .:hitwall::(:help::hitwall:
Ab amrika humare baare me kya sochega :cray::cray:
Don't worry : at the start of WW2, before Pearl Harbour and Hitler's declaration of war on the USA, there was such kind of "friendship association" in the USA!!
It was called the German American Bund...
German_American_Bund_NYWTS-736x607.jpg

It's a PR stunt : they use the freedom of association to stage such stuff and make people think India is backing the war!
Look, at the height of the Cold War in the 80's, the Soviets+Warsaw Pact had 45,000 nuclear warheads, 65,000 tanks, 12,000 combat aircraft...
And they were MASSIVELY funding ALL the pacifist and anti nuclear protests and associations, as well as all the far-left terrorism (Rötte Armee Fraktion, Brigatte Rosso, Action Directe, Cellules Communistes Combatantes) as well as all local Commie-Parties...

Ummh... North Korea, Vietnam (where both you French and US lost), Iraq (remember those invisible WMDs?!), Afghanistan (USSR invasion)...there's an endless list :rofl:

Perhaps you didn't read my post....I know there are neo-Nazis in Russia, as there are in Ukraine. Like I've said before, this is a Slavic civil war between one bunch of Slavic neo-Nazis, and another bunch. The only difference is that that French neo-Nazis like you and the Redneck Yanks support Ukrainian neo-Nazis to defeat the Russian neo-Nazis. Damn if I care who wins or loses.
None were forced to invade, and the only borders that haven't been carved by invasions are straight lines...issued from decolonisation.
There are no good guys in geopolitics, and that's why many are now promoting rules-based international relations, while autocrats want to return the world to this mess.

Last edited:
You're just chatting shit and rely on what you see in social media. Even the British defence agency admitted the significant role played by the Chechen forces. Of course, an arm-chair 'expert' like you who has no clue of what is happening on the ground has the audacity to open his big mouth. A simple social media search would've shown you how you're opinionated without hvaing any facts on your end.
That is hilarious comming from you, reposting whatever some noname tweets about fake russian advances. You’re flooding this thread with the same bogus tweets blindly cheering Russia and your favourite chechen wannabee SOF operators. And youre telling me I rely on social media?

Day 90 - Russo-Ukrainian War

This is the actual 3 months mark for this war (February only have 28 days, March and May have 31 days in its month. So let see what is different now then before, and what do I think is going to happen on both side. Also I will be talking about my trip to Ukraine (Made between April/May) and the outlook of the entire Ukrainian defence.

Situation in Ukraine

Most of Western Ukraine are secure, and south have also been stabilised, there southern front stopped around Mykolaiv and Kherson Oblast is now a see-saw battle. Kyiv and most Western Ukraine city have started to come back to business as usual mode, and rocket attack/Airstrike are few and far between, it's logically because without troop in the area to take advantage of the attack, any attack lob against Kyiv and any civilian area is just going to be waste of missile.

When I was in Ukraine, I have visited Kharkiv (While it was still active, but since have been counterattacked and cleared) and also Zaporizhzhia, Zaporizhzhia is like most city in the West, seldom attacked and damage was limited, Kharkiv, on the other hand, is a different issue, most of the civilian settlement were destroyed. And the city has been battered.

However, most fighting is now on Eastern and Southern side of Kharkiv now. And that was a no-go area except Ukrainian Military, civilian traffic is one way out of the area, as far as I understand, the area is evacuated.

My Job overthere is to train a cadre of Territorial Defence Force, which will be used to compensate the combat loss and the defence duty, freeing up regular troop and join the fight to the East. The TDF is now at 4th Rotation (I was teaching part of their 3rd) each "Tranche" have a specific objective, while I cannot tell you what Tranche 3 is for due to OPSEC reason, all I can say it is a reflection of the phase of War the Ukrainian is currently in.

Russian Advance

Luhansk Battle Map Draft May 29,2022.png

Reliable intel suggested Russian have deployed over 60BTG (about 60,000 men) in Donbas. The deployment are on 3 fronts, Lyman, Popansa and Rubizhne. The attack on Lyman would suggest either Izyum Axis have taken the backseat or has been abandoned altogether seeing they are on the same axis of advance. I would think Russian Troop in Izyum have had pulled back to defend the vital supplyline from Northern Kharkiv/Belgorod down Kupiansk. Hence a second line, a more modest line around Lyman was opened in the last few weeks.

Southern Advance has more or less stalled, with Russian troop dig in near Kherson, at this point, activities level would be low except some local offensive/counter-offensive to probe the line or disrupt the defence. I would not see both side gaining large ground in the coming weeks, for the Russian, they don't have enough troop to push. For the Ukrainian, they need to focus on the Eastern Offensive.

Donbas Offensive are seemingly focus on Luhansk region now, specifically to capture the city of Sieverodonetsk, Force south of Bakhmut did not cross into North, nor break out for Donetsk region, suggesting that Donetsk force are now seconded to Luhansk. This could mean either Russian do not have enough troop to take both at the same time and gave up on Donetsk, or they are trying to do it one at a time, but the latter is unlikely, as that grinding fight (First to Luchansk then Donetsk) would grind away the bulk of Russian force, even if they can take both region and taking the entire Donbas, the Russian would not have enough manpower and resource to hold it. As expected, situation didn't change much since Russia took Mariupol, which I will assume Russia also lost a great deal of manpower and equipment taking the city, thus making the South-North advance a moot point.

On the other hand, Ukrainian have 4 Brigade in the Area (roughly 20,000 men) facing the 60 BTG from Russia. The Ukrainian Brigade are positioned around Lysychansk and Sieverodonetsk, which is directly supporting the defence of Sieverodonetsk. Furthermore, Ukraine have another 5 or 6 Brigade (depends on whether or not they have raised a new one since I am gone) positioned between Kramatorsk and Sloviansk, which formed bulk of Eastern Ukraine defence, with Popasna and Lyman fallen, Ukrainian in the region are running a risk of being cut off and surrounded on both side, the gap between Lyman and Popansa is around 50km, Russian advance are judged at making around 1 or 2 km a day, which mean it would be weeks before a Russian Cordon can be realistically materialize, if at all possible. The key is to take Bakhmut-Lysychansk Highway (T-1302) with this highway open, Ukrainian have the option to continue to move supply into Sieverodonetsk, or pull back and join the force in Kramatorsk or Sloviansk. This highway is still in Ukrainian hand as of May 29.

So what to expect next?

Severodonetsk Battle Map Draft May 29,2022.png

Kherson - Not much, Ukrainian will not make major push unless Eastern Offensive has been stabilised. Russian on the other hand, would not have enough manpower (estimate 20BTG in the area) to push, the Russian can't really reinforce the force in Kherson unless Donbas is conquered. And that could take a while, if at all possible.

Odessa - Low Intensity fight meant to keep Odessa on the back of its heel, but no real danger post to Odessa unless either Mykolaiv is fallen, or Russian Reinforce the Transnistria garrison.

Sieverodonetsk - Russia is piling EVERYTHING on Sieverodonetsk at this point, whether or not they can take the city is another issue, my best estimation is the Russian would be able to do it, but with a heavy cost. That really depends on how Ukraine want to use the 4 Brigade currently in the area. There are 3 possible way this can go

1.) Ukrainian leave the 4 Brigade in place, grinding it off with the 60 or so Russian BTG. That way Russia will win by sheer number, but it will blunt the attack, estimate the decimation of the 4 Brigade (similar to what happened to Mariupol) but it will also make up to 60% of those BTG combat ineffective.

2.) Ukrainian pull a rear guard delay action. Let the city fall, but bit out chunk of Russian attacker with limited fighting and pull a what we in the Military called "Trading Ground with Pace" This way the bulk of Ukrainian force can be withdraw, but it will take time of Russia and more or less dent their offensive here and there.

3.) A complete Pull out of Sieverodonetsk, leave the city for the Russia, preserve all their force.

Looking at the topography in the area. The sensible thing to do is to do a Rear Guard Delay action, Seversky Donets river is a BUND line, which mean it will favor the defender and with more troop coming in from the ground, it will slow the attacker and maximize the defence effort however, this also work the other way when the Ukrainian launch their own counter offensive, if they do.

Elsewhere in Ukraine - I don't see much Russian advance in anywhere but Sieverodonetsk at the moment. The line (again, other than Sieverodonetsk) is Stretched very thin at the moment, any thinner I would have to say it will open to insurgency attack in the occupied area. Bear in mind this war is still on its active phase. I am not too sure if there are anything Russia can do in this current situation if Ukrainian started insurgency behind enemy line. The Russian then have to balance between the frontline soldier and the number of Occupational Force. Again, short of mobilising another group of Russian Troop, I don't see how they can rebalance the number.

For the Russian, their goal is to take the entire Donbas, plus a land corridor between Russia and Transnistria, and we are still at the first part of Donbas campaign, meaning this would be months, if not years until Donbas operation is completed. That would seriously grind down Russian combat capability.

On the other hand, Ukrainian probably have low to no chance to recover majority of their loss in a short run, the only logical way for them to move forward is to limit their loss, and then try to raise an active insurgency to force the Russian to give up those gain. Which is seems to be what the Ukrainian trying to do, they are playing the long game, grinding down Russian will to fight by a combine conventional effort and insurgency effort. How successful of this combine campaign is remain to be seen. I will probably report back when I am doing the 190 days in report in 3 months.

Why did they want a communist government?

Nobody in 1947 could know what South Korea would become in 2022. They could've ended up like any other number of 3rd world military dictatorships during the Cold War.
Based on the experience of communist governments a possible explanation is that they were uninformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom